Magitek

Nauli

Hello,

Does anyone do Nauli or have past experience with it? What did you get from doing it?

It seems like a good idea. Does anyone know any materials or websites on how to learn it?

Cheers.

Hello,

Does anyone do Nauli or have past experience with it? What did you get from doing it?

It seems like a good idea. Does anyone know any materials or websites on how to learn it?

Cheers.

Yogani has free lessons on his website where he teaches this in the context of ectatic conductivity and its development. It is also great for the abdominals and corrective to lower back pain.

Tao semko has a dvd resourse as well which is very good. He's at ummatantra.com

• Like 1

yes its wonderful

i teach the tibetan versions in Kap 2

If you wantthee standard way contactTao at umaatantra.com

I can do both ways. But each has a different out come.

Peace

s

Could you perhaps explain how and why the tibetan version is different? I was just wanting to help loosen my belly better, sublimate sexual energies and improve digestion.....

Edited by Magitek

Hi magitek....

I have been using nauli kriya in my sadhana for a littel over a year now.

I use it for two reasons:

1. as a shatkarma....an intestinal cleanse. I was addicted to opiates for several years (see "Taoism and Alcohol" thread as a short history) and when I first got clean I had a kundalini awakening....these two things combined gave me serious digestive issues....basically diarhea thrice daily in the mornings. It wasn't until I started using nauli kriya that I started to see my digestive issues work themselves out (acupuncture started about 6 months later has helped a bunch too).

2. as a wicked kundalini stimulator....I do it right after my asanas and right before I sit for pranayam. It gives me a wicked "lift" on my way into pranayam space.

I learned the practice by reading this lesson here: http://aypsite.org/129.html

Good luck!

Love,

Carson :D

Oh, ps. I have seen several videos of people doing nauli on the internet and the only one that even comes close (that I have seen) to doing it well is Tao Semko (I haven't seen Santiago's videos if there are any so perhaps he is just as good, I can't say) so perhaps he would be a good teacher if the free AYP lesson doesn't take you there.

Hi Magitec.....

which of Tao Semkos videos did you watch?

Not sure...it was a free one on Metcafe I believe.

His comlete nauli course ($150) or the Disc 8 of the tantric inner circle ($30). The $150 is expensive to me right now so was wondering whether the Disc 8 of TIC was a complete instruction?

The video was just one of Tao explaining Nauli and showing it. I didn't pay for anything. I have a very hard time paying for spiritual practices.

One thing that makes me abit uneasy is that the amount of time the breath is held, surely it cannot be good for the body.

It could be for some people (maybe people with high blood pressure or some other ailment, I don't know) but it hasn't been for me. I think if you remember to keep jalandhara bandha engaged it is easier to hold the breath long enough.

I was wanting to loosen the belly. This just seems to be about contraction, but does that in turn help with being able to balloon/elasticate the belly? I want a baby belly.

Can't help you there. I found that nauli toned my abs quite nicely....don't konw much about baby bellies or why you would want one....please forgive my ignorance ;)

Love,

Hi magitek....

I have been using nauli kriya in my sadhana for a littel over a year now.

I use it for two reasons:

1. as a shatkarma....an intestinal cleanse. I was addicted to opiates for several years (see "Taoism and Alcohol" thread as a short history) and when I first got clean I had a kundalini awakening....these two things combined gave me serious digestive issues....basically diarhea thrice daily in the mornings. It wasn't until I started using nauli kriya that I started to see my digestive issues work themselves out (acupuncture started about 6 months later has helped a bunch too).

2. as a wicked kundalini stimulator....I do it right after my asanas and right before I sit for pranayam. It gives me a wicked "lift" on my way into pranayam space.

I learned the practice by reading this lesson here: http://aypsite.org/129.html

Good luck!

Love,

Oh, ps. I have seen several videos of people doing nauli on the internet and the only one that even comes close (that I have seen) to doing it well is Tao Semko (I haven't seen Santiago's videos if there are any so perhaps he is just as good, I can't say) so perhaps he would be a good teacher if the free AYP lesson doesn't take you there.

There is a book called unwinding the belly I think it is about doing ch nei tsang massage ++ on your own which is suposed to be excellent. In the inner smiel meditation there is a version where one smiles al the way down and through the digestive system, intestines etc. This is very healing. Six healing sounds, especially the spleen sound probably, can also do wonders for stuff like this

Thought I'd bump this thread as I'm getting a bit more into nauli kriya. Just doing a little every day as my stomach muscles unbind from each other and get used to the new movements. I'm finding it very useful for opening the abdomen.

There are probably lots of yt vids on nauli. I'm posting Tao Semko's because I'm learning from his nauli dvd and am happy w/ it. :)

p.s.

I find that a little bit of psoas work complements nauli wonderfully.

I'm posting Tao Semko's because I'm learning from his nauli dvd and am happy w/ it. :)

p.s.

I find that a little bit of psoas work complements nauli wonderfully.

Great to hear Trunk! That DVD has moved up on my cultivation wish list, maybe even to the top.

What psoas work are you referring to in particular?

Often I just use this one exercise pulled from David Berceli's work. He has a dvd w/ a more extensive routine. Chia's Tao Yin is good, also... but I find that one exercise (linked above) to be very effective and super fast, before bed especially. You'll sleep extra sound.