Sign in to follow this  
awake

Met an Enlightened Guy

Being homeless does not = being enlightened. Neither does strange behavior, wise conversations, walk in certain ways, sitting cross-legged, etc.

In each person, there is a seed of Enlightenment and they all can teach us something. For instance, how to make enough money so you don't become homeless and indebted to other people trying to give you means to survive.

Talkted to him again today.. Gave him 2$ he said thank you and shook my hand, asked how I've been, anyway I asked if I could follow him he said no he was really tired he walked a long way today, "not that he didn't want to talk". Then I said we didn't have to talk and he said he just wanted to get some sleep, and that somoene asked him something similar where he had been before earlier. He described the occurance of someone asking him that as " a problem" "I had that same problem up at..." he said.

Anyway afterwards I felt that same feeling in my chest/a little in my stomach. Its sort of a pain, but a very dull one. The first time I felt it was one night after I woke up and the night before I had just smoked. I woke up with that feeling - not really hurting but a very slight, dull pain. And I could make it stronger @ that point, now I cna barely control it and it isn't getting more powerful. Eventually the first time, I let it go, and afterwards I felt a deeper pain that felt to me like sort of a "loss" in how it actually felt, if that makes sense to anyone.

It was a while but this feeling crept back (not the loss pain but the very slight dull pain combined with feeling of nothingness while still something) and is currently in my chest - sorry got distracted there, it started coming back since maybe a few weeks ago - it's been a little bit but my notions of time are slowly slipping away anyway.

I do hope to see him again, I don't think he's "haunted by evil spirits" as you say, because he'll do things like put his fingers to his head - he did so after he asked how I was, I though "my mind has been quelling" but I actually said, good, Been in my house.

The best way to know if someone is enlightened is to be enlightened, too. Otherwise it is very difficult to know.

The best way to know if someone is enlightened is to be enlightened, too. Otherwise it is very difficult to know.

Can someone know if another is enlightened? I'm pretty sure people with auric-vision can see if other ppls chakras are open, but I'm iffy on whether enlightened ppl know if others are enlightened, and i definitely don't think any of us could tell.

I imagine the only way to know for sure is to meet up with them on the other side.

Yeah he definitely doesn't sound like someone you should follow as a teacher, but he does sound like a good person. I wish him well.

Interesting thread.

I'm unsure of what to say either way, but on one hand it is nice to see a connection between two people in this world of barriers between the human race.

On a cynical note one might be obliged to say be careful and I agree with those who have expressed these sentiments. As a result this homeless person might be trying to steal your energy which is why you may be feeling the pains; other than that it's time to give up smoking?

Keep us posted.

Guest C Yu C He Taiji

My Wudang teacher once told me that the immortals that have been able to break through the five chains that bind them to this earth/existence might choose to use these chains as a cover so they are not discovered by normal people, even auric vision wont help you there. I do not say that this homeless guy is enlightened but how could you know anyway. I think the important thing is whether you can learn something from him and I am sure you can because in my experience so far other people never tell you anything about themselves but rather they tell you something about you, so you can learn from every experience you make and from every person you meet.

I wish you love, peace and a long life

Chrisn

He might be enlightened. Many enlightened men advocated homelessness as the ideal life, including Buddha. It's very hard to say.

In these matters, what others opine over the Internet is not that significant. Use a combination of your own contemplation (reason, critical thinking, questioning attitude) and intuition. While no one can be absolutely certain, except ornamentally, you are the closest to your own situation. Trust yourself.

Even if you make a mistake, your own mistake is better than someone else's correctness.

Guest C Yu C He Taiji

He might be enlightened. Many enlightened men advocated homelessness as the ideal life, including Buddha. It's very hard to say.

In these matters, what others opine over the Internet is not that significant. Use a combination of your own contemplation (reason, critical thinking, questioning attitude) and intuition. While no one can be absolutely certain, except ornamentally, you are the closest to your own situation. Trust yourself.

Even if you make a mistake, your own mistake is better than someone else's correctness.

I like this advice.

Yes. Especially this bit. Would be a nice .sig

i'm confused.... he's enlightened because he physically reacts to your thoughts and gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside?

Sign in to follow this