Sign in to follow this  
Jade02

Is Thick Black Theory Taoist?

It found its way into Taoism, yes as a lot of folk magic, shamanic practices did as well as buddhism, bon and other traditions.

I can only guess it could be more of a Wu or mongolian sorcery type practice (or inspired by). It doesnt sound like anything from buddhism or bon.

For clarification, rather than think this is evil, it is actually used to bind and permanently seal a spirit [half the time to imprison an evil spirit] (among many other things) and is where the majority of spirit rings come from. You may think this is "cool" or you can get your way in life, but without energetic understanding you may be causing yourself harm.

Remember everything has a price; you cant get your food from the store for nothing. Some prices are very high.

I would discourage use of these practices.

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

rather than think this is evil, it is actually used to bind and permanently seal a spirit [half the time to imprison an evil spirit] (among many other things)

I`m interested in what the "evil spirits" are. Do you also mean something telling by "half the time"? e.g. "half the time to imprison an evil spirit"? Sorry to go all pedant on you but I often think that a lot of what we say/write is pretty rich in meaning.

No worries if you don't want to elaborate.

I`m interested in what the "evil spirits" are. Do you also mean something telling by "half the time"? e.g. "half the time to imprison an evil spirit"? Sorry to go all pedant on you but I often think that a lot of what we say/write is pretty rich in meaning.

No worries if you don't want to elaborate.

Evil spirits are generally entities wreaking havok, in cases of oppression and posession. I try to limit myself time wise on here so I have a half hour later (its my day off).

Black energy is used in some parts of daoist energy work, but quite rarely. I dont know if I know anyone today unearthing some of these methods.

What I mean by half the time is that sometimes people may imprision good spirits in a ring. This makes it a spirit ring. (uh dont go run off and buy one online, a real master would not sell something like that).

But before you start getting after me this is just for information only. A ring like such can perform various things such as disruption of electrical devices, or even notify you if a friend or loved one is thinking about you.

Most of the practices it is used for is usually for self gratification, though some may give to charities and is used to force ones own way. Doesnt sound very Taoist does it?

Yes it is an assertion, which may make it invalid in some peoples eyes, but when you get down to it he feeling is same as using the "black vital bewitching breath" which is not evil, or black magic necessarily in of itself, but I will explain. I dont allow myself much time on here so if my post isnt glib or eloquent today, I have to get ready for work.

I certainly agree with most of what you said ... I bought a copy of Thick Face Black Heart, found it lacking in virtue and traded it in at second hand book shop.

However you still haven't given your justifications for claiming it has something to do with magic or sorcery which it clearly hasn't.

:blink:

I certainly agree with most of what you said ... I bought a copy of Thick Face Black Heart, found it lacking in virtue and traded it in at second hand book shop.

However you still haven't given your justifications for claiming it has something to do with magic or sorcery which it clearly hasn't.

:blink:

Someone may call it magic or sorcery in an attempt to get many peoples attentions. Although to call it magic or sorcery is the same thing as not explaining exactly how the phenomena works. Which could include how to reproduce it and so forth.

peace, genuinely

wt

I agree.

I didnt have a lot of time to write the post, but if you click on the link Jade02 gave and watch all the videos he talks about his face and tissues becomming thick and black.

He might have not used those exact words and my application may seem lame... Yet it gave me impressions of alluding to the energetic side of it. Unless he was just using colorful metaphors to explain it, which seemed bizarre if it was just colorful metaphors.

Or maybe he was talking about turning ones sensitivity off by overthinking. I ony had the videos to go on.

So that is all the cards I have. It may sound bad, lame and such drawing comparisons like that, but thats what I did.

Id be interested in reading a review on it if you write one... but most of the time if you call it odd i usually trust feelings I get about things. Something Ive learned to trust more as Ive gotten older.

The thick black theory has nothing to do with any kind of metaphysical being. It is all philosophy. None to do with anything un explainable mystical or magical merely a manipulation of pre conceived ideas that have been bestowed through what we have learned from our time of birth.

A detatchment of a very wide array of emotions to meet an objective of ones goals setting aside the ideas instilled in us since childhood. It is good nor evil but a vessel for either.

It does teach to be ruthless and detached yet sometimes even as some of us should know causes less pain and harm when dealing with many things. It does not teach to do things in life without compassion and knowing what is right in your heart. I think it has plenty of virtue and teaches the difference between true virtue and false virtue.

Does it have any Nei Gung, Qi Kung practice or martial arts study?

In short answer no. To be a practitioner is merely an inward and outward expression with no physical aspect what so ever.

Edited by fire

Sign in to follow this