Lucky7Strikes

Running into walls again....ARGH!

See, what is missing from this is the notion of free will.

Your will is not free unless you're a Buddha. That's why it's called liberation. Even as a Buddha you are still manifesting through the accumulations.

You are looking for the mystery clause, the mysterious will behind everything, the source of your ability to have a will that is free is recognizing emptiness and thus your consciousness becomes awareness that is luminous.

There is simply causes and conditions acting themselves out. Is that your view of reality?

Yes, you can say that. But the Awareness I am talking about it not the empty luminous awareness. It is not Oneness or Twoness. It is an every fluctuating, creating, and evolving Awareness. It's nature is creation.

My opinion is that your wall is assumption.

I just sit in full-lotus while on the computer -- solves so many conceptual problems.

LOL! Your funny... I can tell your a sweet meaning dude. :lol:

I think GIH is somewhat right when he says that the doctrine taken to be the Truth can easily become a falsehood. The teaching are there to free the mind from illusions, not to create new ones.

I think both you and GIH are suffering from no-teacher-itis...

Though Ralis has a teacher and I have yet to see any benefits. The same teacher as me even. WOW!!

Anyway...

What I feel you need is a deeper understanding of emptiness and maybe more formless jhana.

But, that's just my opinion, you might benefit from finding a good Rinpoche to help you through your dilemma.

I just sit in full-lotus while on the computer -- solves so many conceptual problems.

By the way... my right knee won't allow me to go into full lotus anymore. I haven't been able to for years. It just pops out of socket because the muscles and the tendons healed askew and it would take re-tearing them and resetting them in a medical setting to get them right again.

Vaj -- you said you were raised in an Advaita ashram -- was it the Hare Krishnas?

No, Muktananda and Gurumayi. Advaita Vedanta and Shaivite Tantra.

Your will is not free unless you're a Buddha. That's why it's called liberation. Even as a Buddha you are still manifesting through the accumulations.

Yes, that is precisely right. My will is bound by nothing but my own illusions I have created. But those illusions have been created solely by me and hence I have the total ability to become free from it. No one exists "from" anything. But they can only create their experience according to the medium they are able or choose to project. And the potentials of the content of creation is infinite, imagine making distinctions in empty space. You can draw a line through space infinitely, entertaining various causes and effects, entertaining endless variety of creation.

I that same way, the Buddha ha left him imprint on creation as "Buddha" ness. He is there to counter the illusion of the dream, so that the mind can become awakened to non other than itself!

Hence you are the sole creator of your reality. To me, you don't exist but as an imprint of a characteristic. VH doesn't exist in my Awareness but only as a VH"ness". We are simply both projecting a similar taste of objective existence, known as the "human realm."

You are looking for the mystery clause, the mysterious will behind everything, the source of your ability to have a will that is free is recognizing emptiness and thus your consciousness becomes awareness that is luminous.

Yes. And your answer to this is that it comes from predetermined causes and conditions. Everyone just flowing to the current.

My answer is that it is I. And this I is everything of my Awareness. It is my Mind.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

I recommend lots of peanut butter.... NOT! haha.

Thanks for sharing again. So did Muktananda "initiate" your.... nevermind!

By the way... my right knee won't allow me to go into full lotus anymore. I haven't been able to for years. It just pops out of socket because the muscles and the tendons healed askew and it would take re-tearing them and resetting them in a medical setting to get them right again.

No, Muktananda and Gurumayi. Advaita Vedanta and Shaivite Tantra.

Yes, that is precisely right. My will is bound by nothing but my own illusions I have created. But those illusions have been created solely by me and hence I have the total ability to become free from it. No one exists "from" anything. But they can only create their experience according to the medium they are able or choose to project. And the potentials of the content of creation is infinite, imagine making distinctions in empty space. You can draw a line through space infinitely, entertaining various causes and effects, entertaining endless variety of creation.

Hence you are the sole creator of your reality. To me, you don't exist but as an imprint of a characteristic. VH doesn't exist in my Awareness but only as a VH"ness". We are simply both projecting a similar taste of objective existence, known as the "human realm."

I understand what you're getting at and this is correct. But... I feel that you are not seeing how my reality effects your reality. Which is why they say your company creates your destiny. Which is also why in Buddhism we take refuge in the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha and not refuge in worldly minded beings like poker players and gamblers.

Because you are not solely responsible for your own liberation, we all are interdependently originated. I have a responsibility to the world around me as well.

Which is why I think your conclusion needs more tempering in dependent origination. :)

Yes. And your answer to this is that it comes from predetermined causes and conditions. Everyone just flowing to the current.

It gets more complicated once you've come in contact with the dharma because now some currents are on their way to liberation and this all influences your mind.

My answer is that it is I. And this I is everything of my Awareness. It is my Mind.

You're trying to ultimate the experience of your awareness and your contemplation as a final identity? That there is only "I"? There is in a sense, which is what the supreme source or the Kunjed Gyalpo gets into but the translation into English is tricky. This I is still not the substratum of all being, it is yours but it's also dependently originated along with infinite "I's". Alaya Vijnana until it's emptied of the defilement of clinging is not yet the luminous Dharmakaya all the time, only through your practice has this been pierced here and there, so you have holes as glimpses.

Let's not bring your girlfriend into this... avatar, etc. haha. Butt-head! haha.

What's your take on Muktananda these days? Or his successor -- I mean the whole tantra stuff....

I guess it's not Buddhism is it. But then you follow tantric Buddhism right? haha.

I recommend lots of peanut butter.... NOT! haha.

Unblanched organic Almond Butter is better. :D

Thanks for sharing again. So did Muktananda "initiate" your.... nevermind!

My Mom, yes... I was initiated by Gurumayi when I was 10 in 85'. :D

I sat at her feet and she played with the crown of my head for a whole hour and "I" disappeared.

Wow that is so cool. Gurumaya is HOT -- is it true about her levitating her car when she drives into the ashram? Also you gotta make monthly "donations" to get to see her right? That's some serious cult-contributions! haha. Sink a hella cash but then she is HOT. haha.

Maybe your mom has tons of $ then but if so she should fix your knee don't you think? Good luck with the almond butter -- I'm sure there's some cure. You can always call http://springforestqigong.com even though Jim Nance had to have surgery for his knee injury! Oh well he's doing full-lotus again.

Wish I had a girl friend... not! haha.

Unblanched organic Almond Butter is better. :D

My Mom, yes... I was initiated by Gurumayi when I was 10 in 85'. :D

I sat at her feet and she played with the crown of my head for a whole hour and "I" disappeared.

Let's not bring your girlfriend into this... avatar, etc. haha. Butt-head! haha.

What's your take on Muktananda these days? Or his successor -- I mean the whole tantra stuff....

I guess it's not Buddhism is it. But then you follow tantric Buddhism right? haha.

Muktananda was a great being, no doubt. People have their opinions. But... I know too much to think otherwise. I understand his sexual tantra side and it's covered in the teachings of Abhinavagupta in the Tantraloka, of which I have a translation of the part that talks about sexual tantra.

Gurumayi... is awesome!! I loooooove her. She is sooo powerful and deep. HA!! So many assumptions circulating the internet though. WOW!!

Anyway... karma is a strange beast, even if your enlightened, if on Earth... one will still have most likely... the manifestation of nay sayers. Even the Buddha did, and they wanted him "dead"!!

I find Gurumayi's insight wonderful up to a certain point. But yes, it's not Buddhist and I found more insight through Buddhism. But, I did experience many of the realms, and all the jhana absorptions through the Siddha Yoga disciplines. Intimacy with the chakras. Nice experiences with the full lotus of course. But... my vipassana style insight did not start until I got initiated into the comprehension of dependent origination through Lappon Namdrol a translator of Tibetan texts and long time student of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche. Namdrol has initiations from many other very prominent Rinpoches. He is far deeper than lots of undereducated people give him credit for!! Looooove him and I owe him aaaaaa lot!!

Wow that is so cool. Gurumaya is HOT -- is it true about her levitating her car when she drives into the ashram? Also you gotta make monthly "donations" to get to see her right? That's some serious cult-contributions! haha. Sink a hella cash but then she is HOT. haha.

No... you just have to at this point... get into the Ashram, which is not all that hard. They pay for your room and board and you might get a sty pin.

Stay off the internet assumption board about Siddha Yoga. It'll only confuse you... but then again, it's whatever. I just know better myself.

Maybe your mom has tons of $ then but if so she should fix your knee don't you think?

Do you see how these assumptions about SY has effected your perception? You're already conditioned by these ding-bats running these anti-SY boards. WOW!! So fast.

I grew up underprivileged, on the wrong side of the tracks you could say.

p.s. I never thought of Gurumayi as Hot in that sense. I once used her to squelch my sexual tension and she appeared to me as Kali doing all sorts of things to scare my sexual energy up my spine.

Gurumayi looks like a goddess to me... she does not send sexual vibes at all in my experience. Though, I'm not saying sex is not something a god wouldn't get into, but... she seems to me to really be a renunciate. That's my experience and knowledge.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Wow! You folks have been frisky tonight while I ate supper and watched some TV.

I can't even join the discussion because it seem y'all don't exist except in your own mind.

Peace & Love!

Muktananda was a great being, no doubt. People have their opinions. But... I know too much to think otherwise. I understand his sexual tantra side and it's covered in the teachings of Abhinavagupta in the Tantraloka, of which I have a translation of the part that talks about sexual tantra.

Gurumayi... is awesome!! I loooooove her. She is sooo powerful and deep. HA!! So many assumptions circulating the internet though. WOW!!

Anyway... karma is a strange beast, even if your enlightened, if on Earth... one will still have most likely... the manifestation of nay sayers. Even the Buddha did, and they wanted him "dead"!!

I find Gurumayi's insight wonderful up to a certain point. But yes, it's not Buddhist and I found more insight through Buddhism. But, I did experience many of the realms, and all the jhana absorptions through the Siddha Yoga disciplines. Intimacy with the chakras. Nice experiences with the full lotus of course. But... my vipassana style insight did not start until I got initiated into the comprehension of dependent origination through Lappon Namdrol a translator of Tibetan texts and long time student of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche. Namdrol has initiations from many other very prominent Rinpoches. He is far deeper than lots of undereducated people give him credit for!! Looooove him and I owe him aaaaaa lot!!

No... you just have to at this point... get into the Ashram, which is not all that hard. They pay for your room and board and you might get a sty pin.

Stay off the internet assumption board about Siddha Yoga. It'll only confuse you... but then again, it's whatever. I just know better myself.

Do you see how these assumptions about SY has effected your perception? You're already conditioned by these ding-bats running these anti-SY boards. WOW!! So fast.

I grew up underprivileged, on the wrong side of the tracks you could say.

p.s. I never thought of Gurumayi as Hot in that sense. I once used her to squelch my sexual tension and she appeared to me as Kali doing all sorts of things to scare my sexual energy up my spine.

Gurumayi looks like a goddess to me... she does not send sexual vibes at all in my experience. Though, I'm not saying sex is not something a god wouldn't get into, but... she seems to me to really be a renunciate. That's my experience and knowledge.

My Mom, yes... I was initiated by Gurumayi when I was 10 in 85'.

That's so sweet! You fell asleep and "disappeared"!

This is off topic, but I found the whole SYDA scene very creepy. Big money vibe. I met Gurumayi several times, had a personal audience with her for about 10 minutes. I found her energy not to be good, no kindness in her eyes.

Muktananda was a powerful master with a lot of dark energy, which is not acknowledged or even seen by the devotees. I do not agree that he was a "great being". He did have lots of shakti, which enthralls westerners, but is not significant in terms of spiritual level. I speculate that V is super idealistic about his spirituality, and is not capable of acknowledging the dark side of SYDA, or even of the Tibetans.

This turning away from the Shadow is really common in the Yoga ashram scenes, and this was the culture in which he was raised. Thus the idealizing of his gurus, and now Namkhai Norbu. I imagine that this colors his own personal life as well (?drunken and violent online rows with his GF). Spiritual growth without bringing in the Dark or Shadow will be unfruitful, no matter who your Rinpoche is.

I must say though, that the large Nityananda statue at South Fallsburg had a lot of shakti. They had a constant parade of Indian monks doing puja and charging it up.

I have no idea where you are getting this bizarre notion, except that perhaps you are reading The Power of Now, following Adiashanti, or some other tradition that for reasons completely beyond me assumes that everyone already has the powers of perception of the rarest perceptual superstars.

I disagree... this statement misrepresents Eckhart's teaching.

It's ON topic -- I never have read the Siddha Yoga board -- I got that from the SDYA website which states there needs to be an automatically withdrawl "donation" to get the more intensive yoga training with the gurumaya or whatever.

http://www.siddhayoga.org/givingtothemissi...napractice.aspx

I realize you ALSO have to do karma yoga "service" -- work for room and board, etc. and I assume there are scholarships available...

STIPENDS is the spelling btw Vaj....

"Long-term Retreat Participant Prerequisites

In addition to the skills and experience required for each seva position, long-term retreat participants need to have certain interests and prior sadhana experience, including:

* A Siddha Yoga practice of at least 2 years duration

* Participation in at least 2 Siddha Yoga Shaktipat Intensives"

Shaktipat Intensives.... is a Pre Requisite!

haha.

So it's not a deep as the Dgozchen teachings... or initiation? I mean do the Dgozchen teachers REALLY have the same type of shaktipat tranmission?

I don't get that impression from what I've seen of the Dgozchen teacher you follow Vaj ... my impression is that it's all a

"rebound relationship" in denial about the SDYA initiation which your mom follows -- that you don't want to be under you mom....

haha.

Still somehow Taobums fills a niche for you! haha. Please continue to teach us with your relentless posts about.... nothing? haha.

Also Vaj -- did you even think that YOUR sex energy was what enabled the Gurumayi shaktipat to be so powerful? You said you couldn't be sexual towards her -- because she sucked you off and turned your sex energy into her laser-love transmission!!

haha.

Edited by drewhempel

Apologies but I liked this so much I had to tag it here.

Why The Notion That You Cannot Become What You Already Are is Such Bullshit

by Daniel Ingram

The article addresses Neo-Advaita where all things are said to be of one Consciousness will.

But yes, according to D.O., all things are just manifestation of causes and conditions. Your will, desires, intentions, sufferings, and liberation.

Basically, you make all that effort to realize that there is nothing to achieve and nothing that could have been achieved in the first place. That your liberation just came about from pre determined causes and conditions that enable it to be so.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Are you still running into walls with your meditation, Lucky? Or have they been resolved satisfactorily for you now? :unsure:

I don't know.

I must see how my conclusions fit into my experience of reality. I have to contemplate further, but Dependent Origination on the surface made me realize that all distinctions, causes, and effects were illusionary.

The question of free will and self identity has always been very elusive. That is why I came back to this thread when I realized that causes, conditions, time, space are all illusionary distinctions. No where could I find a boundary to a perceived event.

Everything seems like a dream made up by my mind. And it is totally and completely free in its ability to create and evolve as an artist.

I remember once reading about the Buddha being asked why there was suffering in his realm, i.e. Earth. And he replied that the suffering of his land was necessary to motivate others to become liberated. I feel as if I am dreaming that land the Buddha has constructed, only to learn that I am also a creator of realities.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

If you eat cheese before going to sleep then that will definitely be the case....

http://www.dairyreporter.com/Industry-mark...eams-says-study

One girl said she dreamt of helping to form a human pyramid under the supervision of film star Johnny Depp.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I will definitely dose on some stinky blue cheese tonight!

Thanks! :D .

Muktananda was a powerful master with a lot of dark energy, which is not acknowledged or even seen by the devotees. I do not agree that he was a "great being". He did have lots of shakti, which enthralls westerners, but is not significant in terms of spiritual level. I speculate that V is super idealistic about his spirituality, and is not capable of acknowledging the dark side of SYDA, or even of the Tibetans.

This turning away from the Shadow is really common in the Yoga ashram scenes, and this was the culture in which he was raised. Thus the idealizing of his gurus, and now Namkhai Norbu. I imagine that this colors his own personal life as well (?drunken and violent online rows with his GF). Spiritual growth without bringing in the Dark or Shadow will be unfruitful, no matter who your Rinpoche is.

Excellent point! I might add that the Tibetans exhibit cult behavior, which is the dark side that devotees don't want to see. The mystique is kept intact by the exotic accoutrements, required prostrations, offerings and secret teachings. The secrets are kept intact with vows and the fear of breaking said vows. The punishments are hell realms and the accumulation of bad karma. Furthermore, the implied behavior of the Lama's is one of purity that is supposedly beyond reproach. Of course, this is the public image and how dare anyone question the integrity of the Tibetan system.

The best example is Trungpa, and his successor. Trungpa abused his students sexually, emotionally and died an alcoholic. His successor spread AIDS to both men and women in the Boulder community. He knew he had AIDS and believed he was more powerful than the virus. It took his life.

The dark side of spiritually is always framed in the so called higher cause. Human primates are fascinated with the higher cause and in this case, exotic teachings with the offer of power, which is never given. The promise is made and the power is never shared.

Once again I suppose Vajraji will attack me for saying "the emperor wears no clothes".

ralis

Edited by ralis

Lucky....

Are you also studying with a Teacher of some sort or are you sticking with the DIY-only route like GiH?

No, my teacher is whoever I come across that offers compelling evidence against my own view of reality. Or offers me new tools to seek greater knowledge of my condition.

Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Shamanism, Mysticism or whatever. I really don't care.

To me, everything that I experience has something to teach. I am not saying this in a cliched way, but I really do feel so. :) .

Whew! It's been a long day. :D .

That's so sweet! You fell asleep and "disappeared"!

No... that's not what happened. If I merely fell asleep as you rudely assume as always. I wasn't leaning against anything and my eyes stayed open and events were still seen.

This is off topic, but I found the whole SYDA scene very creepy. Big money vibe. I met Gurumayi several times, had a personal audience with her for about 10 minutes. I found her energy not to be good, no kindness in her eyes.

She's a good mirror.

I'm capable of acknowledging the dark side of you.

My karma with my current GF is quite unique and your assumptions are merely that.

You do lack insight. :mellow:

The dark side of spiritually is always framed in the so called higher cause.

Shankaracharya wrote once that when a being attains enlightenment, that they still eminate karmas from previous connections with people, and people who aren't ready to see the light, merely absorb the reflections of their own darkness or ignorance from beings who are like mirrors that do not grasp or identify with circumstances.

This is also a good way of recognizing the beauty of the Bodhisattva path. To accumulate so much merit and connectivity with as much of an audience as possible to emanate/reflect back through these individual packages of karmas (people) as much light as possible. As in... reach as many people as possible.

I'm sure Buddhas' nay sayers thought of him and experienced him as the devil incarnate, or a demon in disguise. They literally interpreted his actions, words and ways of being from this dark perspective, thinking it was him. They even wanted to kill him.

When in reality it was them the entire time... seeing their own negative perception reflected in a clean and clear mirror.

Vajraji will attack me

ralis

You Ralis are filled with guile and attacks. If you look at your historical posts with me. No contemplative contributions, just attack after attack.

You are not very objective about yourself at all.

haha.

That's about my response to your assumptions. WOW!!

I guess your not that sweet of a person and don't really have that good of intentions?

Oh well. First impressions can be lies.

Peace & Love!

LOL! Since the first grade when I asked the kids not to hurt the ants because they are the same as the ants in different clothing, I've been the object of ridicule.

It seems that here too I manifest this karma? Well it is my karma. So... no one else can do my dirty laundry but me. It seems that people must looooove to judge me? I must have been a bad king in a past life. I cannot remember.

Que sera sera!

:)

:) Thanks to the few of you that are the manifestations of my broken Samaya for showing me the thorny fruit of sharing too much with those without ears. Pearls to swine is it?

This is actually a good lesson worth lots of contemplation for me...

One of my Samayas was to ignore some of you... I should have stuck to my guns.

Edited by Vajrahridaya