Lucky7Strikes

Running into walls again....ARGH!

V, maybe you forget. Please don't accuse me of making things up. Here is your exact post using an ad hominen (in red) on me:

Tao99, it seems that you have brown colored glasses when it comes to me, because you don't seem to really be reading the things I say, only the shitty projections you manifest as interpretations of my posts.

Here is my true paraphrase of it: I'm "shitty projecting" through "brown colored glasses". This is an ad hominen.

I have never attacked your person instead of some point you are making. I don't say those kinds of ad hominens to you. Thus you are the Initiating Poster, and I am the Responding Poster.

But why do you take that personally? It's in your Buddhist Doctrine to do so, and so no surprise. I see you as a walking Buddhist Encyclopedia, dutifully outputting the Buddhist Doctrine as it applies to various situations. You are only applying the Buddhist Doctrine as a faithful repository, and I totally understand that, so it's really no big deal or anything personal with you. But please don't say your "shitty projecting" comments aren't initiating ad hominens.

I make this solemn promise to you -- You will be the next one to use an ad hominen, not me.

Beyond that, thanks for providing the Buddhist info you have provided.

take care :)

Trying to change others is pointless, but I'll wast my time anyway.

So just because someone else has started it everyone involved feels totally justified doing the same or worse. Why muck around lets just have a blood feud.

Because otherwise the ad homs will never end without resolution. And what's the point in having a forum if you don't put your own 2 cents in? Especially when it comes to ad hominens - the well-known bane of any web forum, ask any moderator.

The debate points and tactics must be brought out into the open and discussed, or the forum will lose all sense of balance and give and take. That's healthy and important and no big deal on an open-ended, free for all forum.

I really don't see this ad hominen discussion to be a big deal on such a forum, but if it is I will gladly retire the issue right here.

Edited by Tao99

Mal I hope you aren't accusing me or V of being terrorists or believe that.

No. No idea of where the terrorism jump came from. My thinking was more "But Mum, Billy started it !!!!"

Nobody is being too offensive or abusive, no need to apologise but it was nice of you to do so Tao99. Everyones intentions are good and that is what makes it hard as debate can fluctuate in the other direction and chip away at the line in various threads over time.

I really don't see this ad hominen discussion to be a big deal on such a forum, but if it is I will gladly retire the issue right here.

Argument against a person just stirs stuff up and makes any discussion difficult. eg. I could have worded my very 1st two sentence very differently and stirred up all sorts of stuff. It was a pretty big jump, you could have gone full out Godwin's but it was a pretty good try :D

No. No idea of where the terrorism jump came from. My thinking was more "But Mum, Billy started it !!!!"

Mal, really. That is the exact nature of what moderating is about, just as it is in football refereeing. I don't think you will be able to run from that and still be a mod. That pretty much is the ump duty.

Here's where it came from and pretty obvious:

You Above: "Feuds frequently involve the original parties' family members and/or associates, can last for generations and may result in extreme acts of violence."

"Extreme acts of violence" is the obvious link and definition. Were you being serious about no idea?

Nobody is being too offensive or abusive, but it does fluctuate in that direction and chips away in various threads over time.

I don't know who you are referring to here. It's confusing where it needs to be clear, and its no help, but just creates general paranoia. I think if you have a problem with a poster you should say so instead of making these veiled comments. That way the poster will be able to examine their behavior and see if they can be more skillful.

Anyway, I'm sure it has run its course and I (at least) found it educational (I will be very careful about initiating ad homs in a debate). Oh well. That's it for me. Have a great night! B)

Edited by Tao99

My thinking behind the Wiki quote was basically to define where blood feuds end up. Why I though of blood feud. Recently I saw a doco that said blood feuds were stopped by still allowing people to retaliate, but they had to wait 7 days. But since I can actually ban people, yet had no need or intention of doing so I though adding that part into the post was not a good way to go so I took it out before posting.

So yes totally serious about no idea. Your thinking about my thinking and motivations is your own :)

My objective, not a refs penality but more of a mention to the players that they are being looked at, has been achieved and there is really nothing more that I need to do here ;)

re: double post the board seemed to freeze up for a bit. Lots of WWW glitches for me today :)

V, maybe you forget. Please don't accuse me of making things up. Here is your exact post using an ad hominen (in red) on me:

Do I have to tell you again? This will be the last time...

I wrote that after you structured a mis-definition of the entirety of my posts here at Tao Bums, then quoted them, putting my name next to them. You made that quote up in it's entirety..

Here it is...

From Tao99;

THE VH STANDARD FOR THE LIMITS OF DEBATE ON TTB

"You do not recognize/actualize/realize DO thus you are going to die unliberated and unconscious into a Buddhist hell, and the reason is because you yourself are ignorant/deluded/ego-ridden subjective/angry/ ego projecting/ a believer in God/or a believer in spirit-self."

So, I wrote what I said with good cause. I don't take it back. You were seeing what I wrote with brown colored glasses and you misquoted me entirely, saying that I teach that people who don't believe what I believe go to hell.

That's just wrong. If you can't see how wrong that is.

I really have nothing more to say.

ok see other thread - you go Miami -- get the knee fixed or better smashed for true enlightenment Indonesian style.

I know... because I generally do. :lol:

I know... because I generally do. :lol:

Vajraji,

You are so much fun! My evenings just would not be complete! :lol:

Ok. Never mind then. I guess I mis-understood you on DO.

Edited by Tao99