Jax

Dzogchen "Direct Introduction" Videos

So you say... but you won't tell us why. I'm not saying you're wrong but I can't see any clear reason why jax is wrong, apart from the fact he's not Tibetan and doesn't wear the gear.

Anyone who has a history of clashing with Malcolm is automatically pencilled out of the dzogchen equation, gear or no gear. :)

Malcolm is not Tibetan either, but he has the charisma and official title of 'Loppon' which i assume some would find charming.

• Like 1

--- peace ---

Please do not overestimate the simplicity of Dzogchen by pointing to the primordial termas all the time as though everyone wants to be a dzogchen scholar. To the everyday practitioner saying such things does nothing to further their understanding of the basis and fruition of the dzogchen path.

See the quote by the 9th Karmapa in my signature? He did not say that to achieve self-liberation one has to know all the complex stuff ~ all he said was, "Appearances are mind, mind is empty, emptiness is spontaneously present at all times, recognizing this each moment (arouses bodhicitta) which swiftly leads to liberation". This is the zenith of the whole dzogchen path.

Edited by C T
  • Like 1

No the zenith is rainbow body

rainbow body is good.

Is it achievable? Maybe, maybe not, depending on one's karmic disposition in this bardo of life. For the duration of dzogchen practice, one has to drop even the faintest notion of this attainment, otherwise it arises as an obstacle. Therefore, realistically, masters dont say the zenith is that, rather, they say its liberation of clinging to a self. If even the subtlest trace of clinging is fully eradicated, the rainbow body arises as the ultimate fruition. So, the practice towards that end is to be aware of mind nature, and not "be aware of achieving rainbow body". The difference is like night and day.

• Like 3

So what exactly is it that makes something Dzogchen?

What makes it *not* Dzogchen?

I mean in general...

Well, the term "immediate realization" is not so bad, I think. It's in essence the same as is done in Zen, or what's meant by Mahamudra, for example.

So, a four to five hours talk is definitely NOT transmission of immediate realization, for this is something that should take less than a minute ;)

That doesn't necessarily mean that the teaching is bad. If you have the karma and might take something from it, and might establish a connection this way - why not. Spiritual development is not necessarily a straight way.

@chris_d, I liked you thoughts about word- vs. "real" transmission, so I made up a new thread for this topic :)

Mystic author wrote:

Dzogchen is hardly Dzogchen, the Great Perfection, with Togal, as it generally presented, considered the highest Dzogchen teaching. It is laughable to me that this teaching is even mentioned under the rubric of Dzogchen. It's just a remedial tantric practice. Real Togal, in my estimation, is channeling the Dharma Cloud, or Sambhogakya, Clear-Light Energy, and merging with it so it can be realized as the Dharmakaya in its Dimension as Divine Power.

The original Semde teachings got perverted--for example, Padmasambhava never mentions Togal and all the visions. Obviously, remedial tantric practices got "smuggled into" the Dzogchen at some later date.

Why the ragging on Jax? What he wrote makes sense, and all I see are some lowly wiseguy ad hominem responses to his post.

Why can't he be a Dzogchen teacher? No one owns Dzogchen. One doesn't need a Tibetan Lama's authorization to teach it, especially since few of them really understand Dzogchen themselves.

You have to be Initiated by the Sambogakaya, which is tantamount to being baptized by the Holy Spirit or receiving Shaktipat. In order to be Initiated, you need to generate sufficient consciousness-force in your Trekcho (or Presence + Oneness) practice. Once you "break on through" to the Other Side and are Initiated, you thereafter can, at times, "leap over" directly to the Clear-Light Continuum, and conduct it.

Dzogchen can be subsumed under mysticism or Divine Yoga. It's simply uniting Awareness (Siva, the Dharmakaya) with Clear-Light Energy (Shakti, the Sambhogakaya) relative to one's form body (or Nirmakaya).

Yes, and plenty more are to come. I've reviewed about a dozen Dzogchen texts at Amazon so far, and I'll review at least another half-dozen in 2014. My next Dzogchen book review will be "Naked Awareness," by Karma Chagme. I'm working on a novel right now, but eventually I'll write a Dzogchen book. I believe I can upgrade Dzogchen, just as I did Christian mysticism with my book "Electrical Christianity."

Source-DW.

Here we have an example of typical twisted new age bullshit of someone who thinks they can improve dzogchen by mixing traditions and various other religious views and who in the same time think that what Jax does is all good and makes perfect sense.

Edited by Anderson

I'm a typical twisted new age bullshit

yeah..it doesnt help...mixing views and such.

Dzogchen is difficult enough on its own...

Source-DW.

Here we have an example of typical twisted new age bullshit of someone who thinks they can improve dzogchen by mixing traditions and various other religious views and who in the same time think that what Jax does is all good and makes perfect sense.

So he is condemned because he is liked by some deluded guy. Not the best argument I have ever heard

• Like 2

So he is condemned because he is liked by some deluded guy. Not the best argument I have ever heard

like attracts like :D