Jax

Dzogchen "Direct Introduction" Videos

Source-DW.

Here we have an example of typical twisted new age bullshit of someone who thinks they can improve dzogchen by mixing traditions and various other religious views and who in the same time think that what Jax does is all good and makes perfect sense.

And all we know about you is that you think sutra is "bs".

I think maybe if you are going to call something Dzogchen then really you should have an authorisation from a Dzogchen lineage to teach it. It would be perfectly ok with me if someone recieved Dzogchen transmission then feeling that they had grasped the meaning and gained realisation of 'whatever' ... then went on to teach 'whatever' if that's what you feel you want to do. But if it is not actually authorised then I think you should come up with your own name for it. Otherwise its very confusing for the audience to decide what it is they are being presented with. And I don't buy this idea that because Dzogchen is beyond conceptualisation then how can you say it has anything to do with specific Tibetan lineages. I would compare that to being a Catholic but calling yourself a Taoist and when challenged saying 'the Tao is beyond words so how can you say I am not a Taoist'.

I suspect that Dzogchen through the activities of great masters like Namkhai Norbu and so on has become very popular and exciting. So its good for business to attach the term to whatever you are doing. Rather like the word Shaman is added to many practices on dubious grounds just to sex up the commodity offered for sale.

If you are teaching something called Dzogchen then show us your authority to do so.

• Like 3

How much do you charge for introducing people to dzogchen(cough..cough...delusion) ?

I don't charge... the organizers just pay for my airfare and food. Its all free... cough, cough... :-)

• Like 1

What's your lineage? I couldn't find it on your website?

Nynigma, Kagyu and Bon. Lama Wangdor, Norbu, Sachyu Tulku, The Menri Lopon, Younge Rinpoche and Mahamudra through the Dalai Lama's tradition.

Reputable people who respect transmission do not agree with Jax.

You better wake up people !

You cannot teach dzogchen outside of transmission like you would teach nursery sutra bs...

I transmit the teachings from the transmissions that I received and realized. That is how transmission works. :-)

Lineage listed, thanks :).

OK so, 3 people say he's legit, 2 do not.

Difficult to tell on TTBs.

I guess it's more about whether the vids speak to each person or not...

PS Jax, feel free to acquire a PPF for your vids if at anytime you feel like posting them without folks tearing them/you apart.

What's a PPF? Thanks! :-)

Clinging and aversion happens to be a hard habit to dislodge. Thats why there is the Vinayas explaining moral precepts and ethical conduct. Unfortunately, many so-called dzogchenpas assume they can operate outside of moral codes and ethical considerations. Such individuals shoot at anything which does not fit into their circle of so-called 'respectable' (or divinely deluded) Dzogchen badgeholders.

These individuals fail to grasp even the most basic understanding and practice of the Brahmaviharas. Without this adherence to the basic tenets, what is said by these individuals is as good as blowing soap bubbles in the wind.

Your view is a lower view and a lower yana view of a higher yana view. The lower yana view is contained within the higher yana view. Rigpa, our essential nature is moral, compassionate and wise without training or practice. One only needs to relax into that already present nature after it being pointed out by one who is familiar.

Now we're getting somewhere. Traditionalists disagree with the presentation of the primordial state which is not transmitted in the traditional manner they approve of?

There could be a valid point to be made there, as long as there is a rational reason behind it. So, why not tell us?

The traditional lineages have lost their way. They are mostly museum pieces. Rarely is transmission occurring because of the huge retreat populations. Dzogchen has to be transmitted one on one. Webcasts are a joke, its magical thinking. Lamas today are competing for bigger student populations, income and fame. That's why they are flocking to the West. The group of young Lamas prancing around today are no better or more holy than your neighbor. They have spent no time meditating in the caves or having done long retreats. I am interested in preserving the real transmission. Most teachers seek more and more students. I am interested in making more and more teachers...

• Like 1

Anyone who has a history of clashing with Malcolm is automatically pencilled out of the dzogchen equation, gear or no gear. :)

Malcolm is not Tibetan either, but he has the charisma and official title of 'Loppon' which i assume some would find charming.

I like Malcolm and we are friends... He apologized to me publicly on Dharma Wheel before he left. But he presents from a view of a pandit, not a yogi. To him words are most important. He bickers with others over words for hours and hours. Dzogchen transmission has nothing to do with words or ancient texts.

rainbow body is good.

Is it achievable? Maybe, maybe not, depending on one's karmic disposition in this bardo of life. For the duration of dzogchen practice, one has to drop even the faintest notion of this attainment, otherwise it arises as an obstacle. Therefore, realistically, masters dont say the zenith is that, rather, they say its liberation of clinging to a self. If even the subtlest trace of clinging is fully eradicated, the rainbow body arises as the ultimate fruition. So, the practice towards that end is to be aware of mind nature, and not "be aware of achieving rainbow body". The difference is like night and day.

Exactly right CT! Rainbow Body is a side show. Realizing trekchod is liberation and enlightenment. Trekchod is realizing the Mind of a Buddha... Thogal is realizing the Body of a Buddha. But the state of wisdom is the same...

I think maybe if you are going to call something Dzogchen then really you should have an authorisation from a Dzogchen lineage to teach it. It would be perfectly ok with me if someone recieved Dzogchen transmission then feeling that they had grasped the meaning and gained realisation of 'whatever' ... then went on to teach 'whatever' if that's what you feel you want to do. But if it is not actually authorised then I think you should come up with your own name for it. Otherwise its very confusing for the audience to decide what it is they are being presented with. And I don't buy this idea that because Dzogchen is beyond conceptualisation then how can you say it has anything to do with specific Tibetan lineages. I would compare that to being a Catholic but calling yourself a Taoist and when challenged saying 'the Tao is beyond words so how can you say I am not a Taoist'.

I suspect that Dzogchen through the activities of great masters like Namkhai Norbu and so on has become very popular and exciting. So its good for business to attach the term to whatever you are doing. Rather like the word Shaman is added to many practices on dubious grounds just to sex up the commodity offered for sale.

If you are teaching something called Dzogchen then show us your authority to do so.

The "authority" is the result. Transmission doesn't occur through a "some one". It occurs through itself and its uses the most available body/minds that will suit that purpose. What I teach and say arises on its own. I can take no credit. People say what comes out has changed their view of reality completely and relieved their suffering. I am ok with that result... :-)

• Like 1

Its like this:

A Teaching from the Tibetan Great Perfection or Dzogchen from Anum Thubten

Selected quotes from Tibetan Dzogchen teacher Anam Thubten:

"The highest truth where we are nobody and we have nothing is actually a state of our consciousness that is unconditioned. It is our basic ground; it is the primordial mind. It is the state of reality in which we become nobody and we remain as we are, which is deathless awareness. This is who we are. This is actually our primordial face. The time before we become somebody is called “primordial time” in the Buddhist tantras. Primordial time means the eternal time of primordial purity, which is not actually time in terms of past, present, or future. It is eternal time; it is everlasting time. In that everlasting time we were, as well as we are, and we will be intrinsically luminous awareness. We were, we are, and we will be an inexhaustible treasure of joy and grace, which is who we really are."

"The highest level of meditation is transcendent wisdom, or prajnaparamita. It is a state of pure awareness, a state of luminous consciousness, a state of wisdom in which all notions of reality have been dissolved—birth, death, everything has been transcended. That is the highest level of meditation; that is pure awareness."

"To sit actually means to just let everything be as it is, and let the world of ideas, concepts, and sorrow dissolve on its own, which always happens. That is the highest technique."

"When we stop and pause for a moment while looking at the present mind, we feel a shift take place. In that moment we feel an amazing dissolution. Every previous notion of reality just dissolves into nothingness and there is the unobstructed, unhindered Buddha mind. We keep residing in that unobstructed, pure, luminous mind, and realize and discover that this pure awareness, this unobstructed present mind, turns out to be a great source of love, turns out to actually be the inexhaustible treasure of enlightenment. It is utterly simple."

"When we rest in the present moment, a space reveals itself. It is an inner space that is unoccupied by the cloud of thoughts. Without witnessing that space, it is hard for the mind to see beyond its own interpretation of reality."

"Then absolute truth is transparent, immediate, and luminous."

"Pure consciousness is not the effect of any cause. If it were the effect of a cause, it would simply be another ordinary thing with a beginning and an end. It is present in each of us, and it is not bound by time or space. It is free from everything and it is present in everyone at this very moment. It is the ground of our being, and who we are in the ultimate sense."

"Pure consciousness is not a meditative state. If it were a meditative state, it would be something contrived, that is merely the effect of a cause."

But none of these techniques can produce pure consciousness itself since it’s already there. It’s always eternally there without any cause. There is not even one single moment when pure consciousness is absent. Even in moments when we are totally lost in the world of concepts and ideas, it is completely present inside of us."

Thubten, Anam (2013-05-21). The Magic of Awareness. Shambhala Publications. Kindle Edition.

Your view is a lower view and a lower yana view of a higher yana view. The lower yana view is contained within the higher yana view. Rigpa, our essential nature is moral, compassionate and wise without training or practice. One only needs to relax into that already present nature after it being pointed out by one who is familiar.

Exactly, I agree.

• Like 1

The "authority" is the result. Transmission doesn't occur through a "some one". It occurs through itself and its uses the most available body/minds that will suit that purpose. What I teach and say arises on its own. I can take no credit. People say what comes out has changed their view of reality completely and relieved their suffering. I am ok with that result... :-)

I wasn't asking about transmission I was asking what your authority to teach Dzongchen is. Transmission is not the same. Its pretty clear that you have not received the teaching authorisation - so my comments above stand as far as I can see.

No pretense here... and no charges... :-)

Sorry... misunderstanding. That was not meant for you. :)

• Like 1

The traditional lineages have lost their way. They are mostly museum pieces. Rarely is transmission occurring because of the huge retreat populations. Dzogchen has to be transmitted one on one. Webcasts are a joke, its magical thinking. Lamas today are competing for bigger student populations, income and fame. That's why they are flocking to the West. The group of young Lamas prancing around today are no better or more holy than your neighbor. They have spent no time meditating in the caves or having done long retreats. I am interested in preserving the real transmission. Most teachers seek more and more students. I am interested in making more and more teachers...

I'm sorry but this is complete rubbish. I don't know about webcasts ... but the lineages I am connected to are thriving.

• Like 2

Here's a brief summary of how I could express what I am attempting to share:

Rigpa or Enlightened Awareness is only full-on in moments of Clear Light Mind. "Full-on"means the wisdom aspect is fully present.

Clear Light Mind is total transparency without the slightest movement of thought. Any movement of thought is like clouds obscuring ones clear vision into the heavens. What we see in such a case is that exact movement of thought instead of transparent vastness and gnostic insight.

Our Primordial Mind is always transparent as clear crystal. When our karmic mind becomes equally still, empty and transparent; its like pouring clear water into clear water.

In this two-fold Clarity, Reality reveals its secrets like a flash of lightening in the evening sky; again and again until our Brilliance truly shines, and all shadows are transformed into Light...

I wasn't asking about transmission I was asking what your authority to teach Dzongchen is. Transmission is not the same. Its pretty clear that you have not received the teaching authorisation - so my comments above stand as far as I can see.

I never agreed to any model that requires some kind of "authorization". There are no rules in Dzogchen. This is not like going to a university and ending up getting a degree and authorization to teach. I don't accept the model... However Norbu did tell me I could teach Semde when I asked him about ten years ago. But I don't take orders or seek permissions from Norbu or anyone... I am free of all that. But the issue should be "quality control". That will always be an issue, even when given "permission". Steven Seagal was given permission to teach Dzogchen after he gave a million dollar contribution to I believe was Penor Rinpoche, who then recognized him as a Tulku... Lol...

I'm sorry but this is complete rubbish. I don't know about webcasts ... but the lineages I am connected to are thriving.

Yes, "thriving" indeed!

Here's a brief summary of how I could express what I am attempting to share:

Rigpa or Enlightened Awareness is only full-on in moments of Clear Light Mind. "Full-on"means the wisdom aspect is fully present.

Clear Light Mind is total transparency without the slightest movement of thought. Any movement of thought is like clouds obscuring ones clear vision into the heavens. What we see in such a case is that exact movement of thought instead of transparent vastness and gnostic insight.

Our Primordial Mind is always transparent as clear crystal. When our karmic mind becomes equally still, empty and transparent; its like pouring clear water into clear water.

In this two-fold Clarity, Reality reveals its secrets like a flash of lightening in the evening sky; again and again until our Brilliance truly shines, and all shadows are transformed into Light...

yeah...big words Jax...

Usually these words have to go in line with the corresponding experiences ...

I transmit the teachings from the transmissions that I received and realized. That is how transmission works. :-)

You also say you practice thogal.

Every teacher I know says that if one practices thogal while resting in rigpa there will be a progression through visions and if there is a progression that is a sign that everything is done right.They also say that the vissions will not develop beyond a certain point if one doesnt have transmission, proper instructions and a good measure of stability in rigpa.

Is that how it happens for you ?

• Like 1

I never agreed to any model that requires some kind of "authorization". There are no rules in Dzogchen. This is not like going to a university and ending up getting a degree and authorization to teach. I don't accept the model... However Norbu did tell me I could teach Semde when I asked him about ten years ago. But I don't take orders or seek permissions from Norbu or anyone... I am free of all that. But the issue should be "quality control". That will always be an issue, even when given "permission". Steven Seagal was given permission to teach Dzogchen after he gave a million dollar contribution to I believe was Penor Rinpoche, who then recognized him as a Tulku... Lol...

haha forgot about HH Steven Seagal... cool example, thanks for the memory jolt! :)

• Like 1

Dangerous, dangerous.