Sign in to follow this  
AugustLeo

The Germinal Vesicle

According to Akrishi (emphasis is mine):

Based on what I've been able to glean from Akrishi's site, the Golden Elixir does not explicitly use the Jing-Qi-Shen-Void process, which occurs naturally as a result of this the pre-heavenly approach, which is a pre-Song dynasty process and relates back to the I Ching and the Dao De Ching (By the way, Akrishi has a very nice translation of the Dao De Ching).

According to Akrishi, the Inner Elixir is a post-Song Dynasty process, and explicitly uses the Jing-Qi-Shen-Void process, which is consistent with what Lu Dongbin wrote while he was alive, such as the Hui Ming Ching. Apparently Lu Dongbin transmitted the SotGF after he died. According to Akrishi (emphasis is mine):

If anyone has additional information on this topic, please chime in (with source citations). :)

Ah, so Jing/Qi/Shen is still part of the process, just not actively "manipulated" by the Golden Flower method. That makes sense.

But are you saying that the Hui Ming Ching is talking about the Inner Elixir? Wouldn't that be a different process than the Golden Flower?

So, based on Akrishi, the Hui Ming Ching is not applicable to the Golden Flower method. Right? Why would Wilhelm include it with the Golden Flower?

(P.S: I hope my last post didn't come off as hostile. I wasn't accusing you of saying anything, Leo) :D

Why would Wilhelm include it with the Golden Flower?

I could only guess. I'm sure there are at least a few Taobums much more qualified to answer than I am.

I certainly hope they contribute. This thread is getting better and better.

This is not he germinal vesicle, but I thought it might be of interest.

From Taoist Yoga, Charles Luk:

Q: Can you please give us the exact location of the original cavity of the spirit?

A: It is (in the centre of) the brain behind the spot between the two eyes. Lao Tsu called it 'the gateway to heaven and earth'; hence he urged people to concentrate on the centre in order to realise the oneness (of all things). In this centre is a pearl the size of a grain of rice, which is the centre between heaven and earth in the human body (i.e. the microcosm); it is the cavity of prenatal vitality. To know where it lies is not enough, for it does not include the wonderous light of (essential) nature which is symbolised by a circle which Confucius calls virtuous perfection (jen); the Book of Changes calls it the ultimateless (wu chi), the Buddha perfect knowledge (yuan ming); and the Taoists the elixir of immortality or spiritual light; which all point to the prenatal One True Vitality."

Knowing the locations of these things doesn't help.

No I think it's the lower Dantien. According to Mo Pai and other sects it's the first cell that is created. Therefore it can hold many times more energy then any other and has other special attributes etc....

even this my friend is Relative.

By the way, for those who care, Eva Wong, author and translator of 15 books on the Taoist arts of health, meditation, qigong and feng shui, is the 19th-generation lineage carrier of Xiantianwujimen Taoism (Pre-celestial Limitless Gate School of Taoism) and 3rd-generation student of Wang Xiangzhai, founder of Yiquan martial arts and Zhangzhuan (standing qigong).

Or so she claims :)

YM

I'd be interested in a public source citation that shows otherwise. :)

AugustLeo,

to be "the 19th-generation lineage carrier of Xiantianwujimen" one has be - AT LEAST - disciple of the 18th lineage holder: can we know who would that be ?

Moreover, Sun Di NEVER studied Yiquan with its founder but mainly under Liang Zi Peng and, for some time, under Lee Ying-Arng.

YM

AugustLeo,

to be "the 19th-generation lineage carrier of Xiantianwujimen" one has be - AT LEAST - disciple of the 18th lineage holder: can we know who would that be ?

Moreover, Sun Di NEVER studied Yiquan with its founder but mainly under Liang Zi Peng and, for some time, under Lee Ying-Arng.

YM

I agree being a linage holder is a big deal. One that is usually well documented.

Eva Wong translates it as the One cavity. Perhaps the term germinal vesicle as referenced in the Hui Ming Ching is the same as the term original cavity of spirit (which is behind the eyes in the center of the brain) as discussed in the book Taoist Yoga by Lu K'uan Yu.
This is incorrect. It's clear to me that the germinal vesicle is the mysterious gate, and Taoist Yoga by Lu K'uan Yu give a description of the mysterious gate that indicates it's a projection from the original cavity of spirit out in front of the eyes.

No I think it's the lower Dantien. According to Mo Pai and other sects it's the first cell that is created. Therefore it can hold many times more energy then any other and has other special attributes etc....

And to quote from that link;

'This germinal point is something great. Before this our body is born of our parents, at the time of conception, this seed is first created and human nature and life dwell therein.'

Waysun Liao explains that we start at this one cell, then we expand out (mostly energy rises to the head) and our origin is forgotten. He speaks of the Dantien as it is our original self. And by focusing on it he describes how we are actually 'going backwards' to our beginning. Kind of in a reverse order or our coming into existence.

The "master cell" is supposedly in the pineal gland, to which all other cells are "slave" to. Not sure if this is the same as the first cell, though.

Or if that is the same as the germinal vesicle?

And Drunvalo also talks about the first cell...although I can't remember where he said it was located in the body (if he did).. Anyone know?

Edited by vortex

Sign in to follow this