Sign in to follow this  
AugustLeo

The Germinal Vesicle

YM,

From my perspective, when assertions are made in a public forum concerning someone's credentials (or lack thereof), there should be publicly available source citations for the assertions, otherwise, those assertions are just inference, innuendo, hearsay.

I have Eva Wong's books and I would truly like to know what her credentials are. I've spent time looking for sources to prove that Eva Wong does not have the credentials she claims, and I've come up empty so far. So if you have some facts that support your assertion, please post them.

AL,

I have said more than once that I enjoy Wong's works and I think they are useful and nicely written.

But if you tell me that you have a Master Degree from Harvard you have to show me the certification, you cannot expect that I provide you with the whole list of Harvard alumni to disproove it no ?

If, then, it seems you have never been to the United States it would seem unlikely that you can have a Harvard Degree, right ? ~ I don't think, for instance, that a "Lineage Holder of the Xiantian Wuji Pai" has ever existed in Hong Kong.

So what do you say ?

For what Sun Di concerns, one of his masters that I cited (Lee Ying-Arng) was one of my sibak (gongfu uncle) so I am quite sure of what I am saying. If that's not enough I attach here Sun Di's biography from a public source which corroborates what I just told you:

sundi.jpg

YM

You have to understand that Eva Wong has been claiming the 'Xiantian Wuji" line ever since she was a disciple of the late Moy Lin Shin (of "Taoist Tai Chi" fame).

Moy himself had a (very little) connection with a lay Daoist group in Hong Kong but became ipso-facto a great Daoist Master after moving to the US, also claiming to be lineal for the sect in question.

So let me attach here a Lineage Chart from the early material of the late Master Moy:

moylineage.th.jpg

Where you can see how he derives his 'Xiantian Wuji" lineage DIRECTLY from a "Tien Lung" (Celestial Dragon :) of the "13th-14th" century.

Does this tell you anything ?

:)

YM

• Like 1

YM - I'm not that smart. Maybe you could just layout the facts of your case in step-by-step fashion. In the meantime, it'll continue to be an open issue in my mind.

According to Moy's own chart he learned, and became 'lineage holder', under a 12th century person named 'Tien Lung'. And, by the way, there is no 'Tien Lung' (Tian Long) person in the Xiantian Wuji Sect that I know let alone the fact that from the 12th century it's quite a big jump.

So the facts are:

- Eva Wong claims to be lineage holder of the Xiantian Wuji Sect for her connection to Moy Lin Shin

- Moy Lin Shin claimed (in the US) to be lineage holder of that sect because his direct connection to a 12th century 'person'

Moy was loosely affiliated with the Yuen Yuen Institute (Xuan Xuan Xue Yuan) here in Hong Kong which is a Quan Zhen / Long Men reformed/lay derivative. Just like our friend Mr. Mak, who claims to be a "celestial master" because some spirits told him so, Moy should have met a 'Tien Lung' in a seance sitting and thus claimed relevant connection to that sect.

It is also interesting to note that, apart from all the BS meter these kinds of things raise, the Xiantian Wuji Sect did not exist yet in the 12th century it being a sub-sect of the Xiantian Sect which - this main one - started around that period.

But I guess the 'spirit' told him otherwise :)

YM

Yes, Sun Di never studied directly with Wang Xiang Zhai as this lineage chart shows:If Eva Wong studied with Sun Di, I think that would make her a fifth generation lineage holder (not third generation), wouldn't it? Hmmm.

Yes, first of all a FIFTH and not a SECOND generation.

Moreover NOT a lineage holder but simply a third generation since NONE of those above her is a lineage holder.

Liang Zi Peng is spinning in his grave ... :)

YM

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I don't have time to pursue them at the moment, as I'm in the middle of translating The Secret of the Golden Flower for myself.

That's fantastic Leo! Let me know when you get it finished. I'd be glad to read a taobum's version!

I agree being a linage holder is a big deal. One that is usually well documented.

Eva Wong insists that she is the 3rd generation lineage holder of Wang Xiangzhai's art of Yi Chuan through her teacher Sun Di of Hong Kong (1917-1999).

She says that Sun Di studied directly with Wang Ziangzhai and holds his lineage. Any factual reference that is available disputes this.

I heard Ms Wong claim in a lecture that her teacher Sun Di was a direct lineage holder of Dong Haichuan's Bagua and studied directly with him - Yes, studied with him personally.

Of course Dong Haichuan died in 1882 and Sun Di was not born until 1917... whoops...

So, go ahead and try to find any other reference to XianTianWujumen and all you get is Eva Wong saying she is the 19th Generation and all of the mindless Shambhala clones mouthing whatever she says without ever even thinking about vetting her.

Curious that she will not teach outside the Buddhist Shambhala system... but little wonder, they never question her and have not idea if she is for real or not.

Yes, she is a translator and has a PhD.... that does not make you a teacher/shifu, even if you have some yogic ability.

Not only that but the Shambhala thing provides her with a built-in student base. The mindless monkeys at shambhala just do and believe whatever they are told.

Yep it's a cult.

Why the hell do people post stuff just to remove it? I mean how unsure of yourself do you have to be?

Even if you removed it because you came back to it as a wiser man and saw your mistakes, why be ashamed of who or what you were/are.

Weird.. and highly irritating.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this