sean

What are you listening to?

She does a great job singing Rock-A-Billy and it is a real thrill to actually see her live while singing those kinds of songs.

• Like 2

Returning to my IDM, electronica, and experimental music roots from high school and college with this song. It gave me a lot of hope in my suicidal moments in life. Not for everyone, but it's for me. :) Hopefully if you enjoy it you'll get a glimpse into the mind of Earl Grey. With love from an electronik muziq lubber, I present ROM=PARI and the song The Most Beautiful Ending. 

• Thanks 1

I'll pass on the music and I'll also pass on having a glimpse of your mind - I have enough to do with my own mind.

So, it's Sunday morning. Not one to get up and run off to church. But I often set in to a ritual of Sunday morning jazz while everyone else sleeps in. 

• Like 1

Supersonic Man, I wanna be!!! :lol:
The first superhero movie I saw as a little boy, great 70's disco music!

Edited by Wells
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, OldDog said:

Wadda ya wanna bet Jimmy Clanton is sporting a DA? ; )

Try this ...

Yes, I remember Floyd and did enjoy his music.

Jimmy may well still be sporting DA.  I did too when the style was first popular.  

Jimmy is a Cajun but I don't know of any song he ever did in French.

Well, I got curious about jimmy so I did a little research.  I could find no songs (song title) in French.  However, I found that he was the first artist to be called (classified) a Swamp-Pop artist which became a very popular style in the Gulf Coast area.

Saw a picture of him from 2013 and no DA.  Full head of hair though.

Born in 1939 so that would make him 79 years old now.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Jimmy is a Cajun

Yeah, I saw that.  Suspecting that any cajun influence in his music would have to be early in his career before his swamp-rock persona was fully developed, I went looking. Did not find anything in French but this song has a bit of the cajun mood. 

• Like 1

Yes, that's a classic swamp song.

IMO, Cookie and the Cupcakes did the best job with this song:

Spoiler

And here is a performance in French:

Spoiler

• Like 1

Yes, Canada is a good example of a mix of English and French.

Reminded me:

A while back a friend and I were in a CiCi's having pizza and three people came in, and I heard them talking in French.  At first I assumed Cajun and my curiosity got to me so I asked.  One gentleman replied, "My wife and I are French.  We live in France and we are on vacation here."

We spoke a little more then got back to eating.

As my friend and I were leaving I stopped at their table and said in French "Let the good times roll."  A sparkle came to his eyes and a big smile came onto his face.  Nice experience.

• Like 1

Don't know Loreena but a good choice with Van Morrison.

I have a pretty large collection of covers by various artists of the song "Into The Mystic".  I always have loved that song from the first time I heard it.  I know it's about a sailor's life but it causes me to think of a Gypsy's life.

• Like 1

I have a pretty fair collection of celtic music ... Irish ,Scots, whatever ... of which I am quite fond. Here's two of my favorites.

... and ...

• Like 1