Owledge

Unintentional leeching by laymen?

Ok, this question might be powered by my phantasy. I just don't know about these things.

Can people unconsciously and unintentionally leech energy from you? Are there significant energetic things happening between all people? Like when you're in a very good mood and other people around you don't necessarily seem unhappy superficially, but have deep seated problems, that they like the positive vibe of your presence, but are leeching this energy from you? You know what I mean? Like when the positive energy of a person is not so much enjoyed but craved for?

I think I read about something like that once, that's why I ask. Aren't there even techniques to shield oneself against these influences?

Yes this happens - alot if you live in a city, and yes there are such techniques. If you're well grounded and have self-knowledge plus good mental focus you are starting to be completely impregnable, but I always recommend 'Spiritual Cleansing' by Mickaharic which contains a bunch of easy things to cleanse your aura of other people's gunk -- your home's aura as well. Yoda is currently having fun with that book. The techniques are easy -- folk magic, incense and baths mostly, but many neat little tricks.

All best wishes,

~NeutralWire~

yeah... that book is really awesome and simple... If you are on a budget, Vajrasattva and Ya Mu suggested a salt bath along the same lines.

Per Ya Mu:

Have you been doing the salt baths that were suggested? How do you feel afterward? In case you missed this the suggestion I have is one lb of salt in bathwater; soak for 20-30 min, regular bath or shower afterwards. When you are soaking try this: First say a prayer and ask that the soak do the maximum to help you. Next command your body to release all negative energy by starting at the toes then moving up one body part at a time. Actually tell that specific body part that you wish for it to relax and release any stored up negative energy. Please report back how this makes you feel.

If one has a shower only, maybe stand in a tub of salt water and sponge down in the shower like that.

Yup. Salt bath ionizes ya out. Stand everyday it will be next to impossible. There are cutting edge surfaces that suckers will try and attach to, but as soon as you cut through the bs, and love them, they fall off. Nice and relaxing alignment potentiial there.

Edited by Spectrum

Can people unconsciously and unintentionally leech energy from you? . Aren't there even techniques to shield oneself against these influences?

Yes this is a very real phenomenon. There are very powerful exercises and mudras for this in our lineage.

I have been thru a few relationships that were draining to an extensive degree...Psychic energy is not theft proof for most of us...

If you feel there is a threat to you- then study-up on what can be done as offered here by yr fellow Bums!

If one has a shower only, maybe stand in a tub of salt water and sponge down in the shower like that.

Or just wet your hands and rub salt into your skin, I do that sometimes now. Pay particular attention to the back of neck and sternum areas.

Interesting, Mickaharic recommends tying a string or loop around your waist with the intention of sealing your aura, or you can buckle your belt with that intention. Michael Winn says use of the belt channel as a protective measure will be effective so that is confirmation of the same general idea. I might give this a go if I remember, see what happens. NW

Ok, when my Kunlun book arrives I will see whether that changes something in this regard, and if not, your advice will be quite useful.

The salt thing sounds so hilariously easy. :D But of course you could say that about Kunlun, too. :)

Edited by Hardyg

I don't believe in psychic leaching.

But, we all know the psychological/emotional leaching of being around someone who is always positive, versus someone who is always negative.

They can inspire you, or make you miserable. And like associates with like.

Leeching always happens because of the inexperience and lack of development of the person being leeched. In other words - you make it happen to yourself, and it will happen whether someone is there or not.

I don't believe in psychic leaching.

But, we all know the psychological/emotional leaching of being around someone who is always positive, versus someone who is always negative.

They can inspire you, or make you miserable. And like associates with like.

So why do you think that is two different things you are referring to?

The so-called "psychic leaching" IS "energy leaching". Positive or negative folks? You recognize which leaches; this is energy leaching or negative energy projection resulting in a leeching of your energy, always one of the two.

One thing a person can do is learn to shield themselves. One of the public methods I teach is to simply put up a purple bubble around yourself. Works really well.

Besides a salt bath using sandalwood or white sage to clean your energy field as well as your house is a good idea.

There is constant interaction between energy of diffrent persons all the time, like osmosis .. some people do tend to leech a bit yeh, most often witouth knowing it themselves. Most of them arent powerfull enough though so yust take a meter of distance or stop the conversation with them for a while :)

Leeching happens all the time. The most important thing to realize is that it's never done against your will. You consent to being leeched at all times that leeching can be said to occur, usually unknowingly, because you may not realize you have other options. Leeching is what happens when a person believes in a social system that's not good for that person, for example like a slave believing in the validity of slavery, or like the owned believing in the validity of ownership.

One can even say that convention of any kind by itself is the essence leeching.

Stopping the flow of one's energy toward the machinations that are counter-productive to one's own deepest intent is not that easy. First you have to know what your deepest intent is. Second, you have to have the willingness to carry through with your decision, completely and without reservations.

A disease can be viewed as a form of leeching. Diseases are powered by our own energy. We are what makes us sick, and we are what can make us well too. If we cannot make ourselves well, then we cannot make ourselves sick either.

So the focus with leeching is not on other people, but on one's own mind. Is your own mind giving love and weight to dynamics that are your undoing? There are 2 possibilities here: perhaps your undoing is a good thing and you secretly want it. Or perhaps it's not, and you really need to put an end to self-sabotage. Either way the problem is within you and not in other people. Other people have no power to leech anything from you if you don't consent to it.

Edited by goldisheavy

Ok, this question might be powered by my phantasy. I just don't know about these things.

Can people unconsciously and unintentionally leech energy from you? Are there significant energetic things happening between all people? Like when you're in a very good mood and other people around you don't necessarily seem unhappy superficially, but have deep seated problems, that they like the positive vibe of your presence, but are leeching this energy from you? You know what I mean? Like when the positive energy of a person is not so much enjoyed but craved for?

I think I read about something like that once, that's why I ask. Aren't there even techniques to shield oneself against these influences?

Yes, this is true. Some people can leech energy from you although in most cases it is unintentional. This usually happens when you encounter depressed or sad people, or even sick people. Their energy body tries to absorb as much energy as it can and if you're in the proximity, it might include you. You can prevent his by strengthening your aura and by closing it. Crossing your arms and your legs is a fast and easy way to close your aura. Another is by meditating (please try mediation on twin hearts www.meditationontwinhearts.org). Another is by creating energy shields. Another is by strengthening your rooting to the earth and programming it. Another way is by wearing crystals, talisman/amulet. For a worst case scenario of a magical attack, stand inside a magic circle inscribed with different names of God, Holy Masters/Immortals, Archangels, Angels, etc.

For more info, please check out Psychic Self Defense for Home and Office by Master Choa Kok Sui.