Rootless Traveler

Taoist classics (free download)

Replies to SiddhaSan and vortex

SiddhaSan,

It's not MediaFire, it's me. I'm removing the previous versions as I upload the latest ones. ALL updated texts contain everything that previous versions contained, so you're not missing anything at all.

vortex, I hate it when you quote (I mean copy/paste) the ENTIRE INTERNET just to say something so short :^)

Yes, the updated file is in TaoText1.zip.

In a few days, I'll zip ALL the texts into only 2 files. So you can DL just 2 files and that's it...

Edited by Rootless Traveler

Uh sorry, RT - no offense intended.

Anyhow, I took the liberty of renaming all your files from Wade-Giles to modernized pinyin and UL'd them here. This should be the most current, complete set as of today. Although always subject to change (and I will not be updating it).

I just UL'd this as a courtesy copy for anyone who wants it right now.

But for the official set, I would DL whatever RT posts up next...

vortex,

1. "Uh sorry, RT - no offense intended."

Of course... I didn't take it as an offense or something. I just thought that some of your posts made it a bit more difficult for people to find the actual, working links. It was more like a joke and I laughed a lot when writing it. No hard feelings... Forgive me if I was rude.

2. Thanks for ULing all the texts. Have no problem with changing the filenames. The files are not mine, they belong to all of us. But I just wrote I'll UL them in a few days, so probably wasted your time doing it. Nevertheless, thanks for your efforts.

Downloading Taoist Classics for Dummies

Here's the latest versions of ALL the files posted so far. Only 2 files (28 and 96 MBs).

Step-by-step instructions for dowload (for some fellow Tao bum[ble]s):

1. Download the files

2. Delete ALL older files in your computer.

(N.B: I'm removing the previous versions as I upload the latest ones. So ALL updated texts contain everything that older versions had. Filenames are also preserved. And I'll do the same in the future. So just DL the latest ones and send anything older to trash.)

3. Sit back and simply xiaoyao...

DL Links

1. All translation files

(Filename: TaoTrs.zip; size: 28 MB)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2ymtd5mjekm/TaoTrs.zip

2. All facsimile files (Tao-yin and Pa-tuan Chin exercise file; Chinese Anatomy files):

(Filename: TaoFacs.zip; size: 96 MB)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/azntijn2m4y/TaoFacs.zip

How to Read the Notes in the Texts Easily

In the files I post, rather than using footnotes at the end of the relevant page, I adopted the current practice of putting the notes at the end of the document. This makes it difficult to read the notes while reading the main text, but there's an easy solution:

1. Make a copy of the file. (Duplicate; shortcut for Mac: Apple+D)

2. Open both files, go to the main text page in the first file and to the notes page in the second.

3. Toggle between the two windows (the two PDF documents) rapidly by using shortcut (shortcut for Mac: Apple+`).

AugustLeo,

All texts are copyrighted (respective authors, indicated in the first page and/or the biblio section at the end). As Hardyg pointed out, I disabled the copy function to prevent people from using them freely.

There were times I needed to copy/paste a passage in a PDF file, but it was secured (meaning, I couldn't copy), and I cursed the guys who published the PDFs. Unfortunately, I had to do the same thing with these texts. So you guys are free to curse me any way you want. :^)

I also disabled the "print" function. It was mainly to save papers; people these days are using papers extravagantly, forgetting that paper = tree, and we're running out of trees in this planet.

Hm, strange copyright where extracting text passages is prohibited, but duplicating and freely spreading the PDF files is allowed. :huh:

I also disabled the "print" function. It was mainly to save papers; people these days are using papers extravagantly, forgetting that paper = tree, and we're running out of trees in this planet.

Give CO2 some time! :lol:

Has anyone got a torrent of these files yet?

EDIT: I was able to DL many of these files, and I will make a torrent of all of them, AFTER I sort through and finish what has been added. The torrents THEMSELVES will be updated with new text very rarely.

Everyone: If you do not, please use uTorrent. Second, I will upload the files to piratebay, with credit to the OP. Any other suggestions?

Edit2: here is the link for the torrent. Please seed!

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5190396

Edited by sherab

http://s4.transfer.ro/

i use this alot, and it has no download limit. i'd like to have those files also, i study Chinese and am fond of learning practice-related Chinese ideograms.

i could download most texts meanwhile using the given links. - its a little bit confusing now -

if you are interested in specific text - and if you have problems to use the given links - you can contact me via PM...