SiliconValley

Shaktipat

great so you are a fundamentalist taoist : )

Awesome good for you.

You still subject to the tao aswell whether you realize it or not.

And it is still the embodied by the Creative force of all things.

Now last I checked the ultimate creative forces found are male & Female together in one union in nature.

Taoism has Shiva & Shakti

its called Yin & Yang

No we don't talk to ying like it's some divine intelligence god. so completely wrong. Tht's what you do. So know connection. Is litersally simply stillness or emptiness or dark side of a mtn. No need to anthrorphize them into gods and not done.

No not a fundamentalist. Tao is liberal expands on freedom of all kinds, not clamps it down. Fundamentalists have bombs and guns and plans to bomb and shoot to get their way., Not Taoism. Taoism loves freedom for all based only on merit, not to destroy people to propagate itself and punish the heathen infidels. Tha'ts no-choice, bitch slappinFUNDAMENTALISM.

if you do not talk or listen or communicate to the primordial essences how can you learn from them?

The course fee for levels 1, 2 and 3A are respectively 100, 200 and 250 US bucks. This system was founded by Irmansyah Effendi but the current attunements are given by one Rama, a student of the founder. While most people seem to give a positive feedback, I did not come across anyone who reported an actual awakening of Kundalini. Most of the reports I read were about energy sensations, which hint towards pranic activity and not kundalini.

I met Rama back in the spring. He is a really nice man. He used to practice Silat and loves to talk about energy, martial arts, and healing. I think some guy got pissed off and left the Reiki Tummo seminar after asking Rama some questions about kundalini energy when Rama's answers did not agree with his research. Either way, Rama laughed it off, wished him well, and continued.

Most of the participants in the Reiki Tummo seminar that I attended were nurses and healthcare workers interested in adding more tricks to their bag. I left feeling refreshed, calm, and focused. I was not all that interested in Reiki or their system, but I attended to check out something different. If you're into healing and devotional practices, this might be worth checking out-- I prefer stuff related to martial arts.

the Tao is the Great Mother.

Tao Teh Ching 51

In the beginning was the Tao.

All things issue from it;

all things return to it.

To find the origin,

trace back the manifestations.

When you recognize the children

and find the mother,

you will be free of sorrow.

If you close your mind in judgements

and traffic with desires,

your heart will be troubled.

If you keep your mind from judging

and aren't led by the senses,

your heart will find peace.

Seeing into darkness is clarity.

Knowing how to yield is strength.

Use your own light

and return to the source of light.

This is called practicing eternity.

Not much of a source. (Dr. Jerry Alan Johsnon, medical qigong) Medical jikung is not an expert to the whole of the history of TAO.

ACADEMIC SCHOLARS WHO HAVE STUDIED IT WITHOUT BIAS, WITHOUT TRYING TO FIT IT INTO A PERSONAL FAVORITE SYSTEM HAVE AGREED TO WHAT WAS SAID IN ABOVE --

"Dao is the pivot of Chinese philosophy — but it still translates as 'way', not 'being'."

It is not being, a being, or a supernatural being. It's the way to a place desired.

review his CV. he is a daoist priest and is a recognized world wide expert in Daoist Mysticism. He teaches a 7 year training in Daoist Mysticism.

You can review his books here.

http://www.daoistmagic.com/info.php?i=2191

He even has a Daoist CV

AWARDS & HONORS

2008 Second Priest Orientation

Received 2nd Lu Register as Zheng Yi Daoist Priest (Rank: Level 5 and 4). Presented at the Celestial Master's Mansion during the Xia Yuan (Original Water Festival), located in the LongHu Shan Region (Dragon Tiger Mountain). - Jiangxi Province, China

2007 Senior Priest of Tian Yun Gong Zheng Yi Daoist Temple

Temple of the Celestial Cloud, Pacific Grove, California

2005 Lu Orientation during the 900th Year Anniversary of Tian Shi Fu

Received the 1st Lu Register as Zheng Yi Daoist Priest (Rank: Level 7 and 6). Presented at the Celestial Master's Mansion during the Xia Yuan (Original Water Festival), located in the LongHu Shan Region (Dragon Tiger Mountain). - Jiangxi Province, China

2005 Accepted as a Disciple of the 65th Celestial Master

Received Disciple's Yellow Paper Certificate (Rank: Level 9 and 8). Presented at the Long Hu Shan Monastery - Tian Shi Branch of Zheng-Yi Daoism - Jiangxi Province, Long Hu Shan Daoist Monastery, China

2004 Accepted as an 80th generation Disciple

Received Disciple's Certificate (Rank: Level 9 and 8). Presented at the Mao Shan - Shang Qing Branch of Zheng-Yi Daoism - Jiang Su Province, Mao Shan Daoist Monastery, China

http://www.daoistmagic.com/info.php?i=2132

We can agree to disagree.

s

Edited by ShaktiMama

A guy who starts his own religious school of thought does not make a good academic spokesman for what Tao means outside his circle. Academic scholars with no ax to grind have that job.

link: http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/world/2010-07/12/c_13395770.htm

--------------------------------------------------------

All while god/allah/shakti looked on offering no earth applicable way out to freedom, human rights, and human dignity (not impoverished)

And all in the name of god/allah/shakti/whatever. If only someone would objectively study the Tao of these events. But it will never happen and this planet will just continue to fade away til nothing left, just as the natural principles of the Tao predict

Since when was it the Whatever's job to do what you want it to do? To perform in the way you want it to? I didn't know you could order God around unless you believe god is made in the image of man. You have some high expectations of something you don't believe in. Or maybe you do but moved onto something else because you have been hurt or let down by your native spiritual tradition. Sounds like god is going to get some pretty bad marks down for his next job performance review by upper management.

Doesn't sound like this is a my Dao is better than your Shakti debate to me. :)

s

Tao99,

Always appreciate your frank and non-nonsense approach. I also agree that mixing terminologies and approaching everything is same and every road takes one to Timbukctoo is a rather wrong path to be taken by those who are still taking baby steps. Many accomplished teachers may agree on such a philosophy in varying degrees but still will not propagate that to the students as it is not practically helpful.

That said, I would have to agree with ShaktiMama and we can agree to disagree. Santiago and ShaktiMama want to mix up terminologies, see similarities in everything, describe Yin and Yang as Shiva and Shakti (which technically is incorrect as Vajra pointed out correctly in another place; they are similar to Prakriti and Purusha of dualisitic Samkhya but not to non-dual Shiva-Shakti of a much different stream of philosophy) etc. If it works for them, and rocks their boat so be it. If they think it helps them and their students, so be it. We do not have to agree with them or accept that to be true based on their experiences as every experience in the realm of senses is but a passe. Both have stated before they are not enlightened and so their experience is just theirs, and true for them. We can happily and courteously disagree with them.

However, on why no one 'up' there helps? There are different theories. I have not studied Western religions seriously so cannot answer. But Eastern religions point us to Karma. Buddhism sees Karma as a natural law with no dispenser of fruits. Hindu schools like Mimamsa hold an exactly similar view which obviously inspired Buddhism but other more theistic schools of Hinduism suppose a passive dispenser of fruits of action aka a God-like figure. And then there are more theistic dualistic schools who agree with Karma but also suppose the Great Compassion of the Supreme Being who can, under circumstances, alleviate consequences of Karma through Grace. Advaita, like Buddhism, teaches skillful means and right effort to alleviate oneself from Karmic cycle but also holds grace as a necessary factor towards attaining skill and effort. Not sure how much you agree with the theory of Karman, but this is probably one explanation for your question.

Man, God is such a damn difficult concept to define, no wonder every school of philosophy have their own definitons of what God is, or not and if there is or not. :wub:

And Shakti is, technically not Dao. If Shiva-shakti = yang-yin, then how is Shakti Dao? :)

Edited by Raymond Wolter

If I am following this thread correctly (and I very well may not be), I don't think his point is "my Dao is better than your Shakti." Instead, I think his point is "your Shakti is not the same as Dao."

Certanly that is what one of his initial points was but now he seems to be shaking his fist at the heavens for not behaving in the image of what Whatever it is he holds in his mind. He seemed to have defined shakti/whatever in the old capricious judeo christian angry yahweh mode.It seems his view is it is God's/Shakti's/Whatever job to fix what is wrong with the world. I could be wrong. That is his attachment,his view and not mine. I have a different view.

s

Man, God is such a damn difficult concept to define, no wonder every school of philosophy have their own definitons of what God is, or not and if there is or not. :wub:

And Shakti is, technically not Dao. If Shiva-shakti = yang-yin, then how is Shakti Dao? :)

There are many schools of Daoism and I am no expert but I think they run from Mystical Daoism to more of Confucian style Daoism to some of the modern interpretations we see now. Tao99 seems more of the Confucian school in my observation and of course, I could be very wrong.

So I attend more to the mystical daoism school and if you reread my post on Johnson who is not an intellectual lightweight, his studies of ancient documents have showed that in modern times the Shen Ling that is the emination of the Dao is most like what we call the Holy Spirit. I, and many others, have come to know the Holy Spirit as the same energy of Kundalini Shakti.

So to be clear this means that the Holy Spirit/Kundalini Shakti is the energy of the Dao and not technically the Dao IMO.

As I have said before there are a lot of correspondences across many spiritual traditions. The more you get away from religions interpretations and start to investigate the spiritual, mystical, occult writings of major spiritual traditions they start to look the same. They aren't the same because each culture has its own lens or filter at which we all look at the same thing and interpret somewhat differently accordingly through the lens we look through.

I don't think you can exactly map them over each other but there are similiarities which cannot be ignored.

s

Edited by ShaktiMama

No but you can say "God/shakti you had 150,000 humans years to show a road that leads to something a lot better then the Bloody, Terrorizing, Bloodbaths of the last 6 months (see above). But here we are. 150,000 years later and still at square one, nothing learned, nothing here that can stop the New Madness, the New Fun: Bombing buildings full of people to get your way. But here we are in bloody, hopeless, broken hell. Hopeless F is the grade. Conclusion: They were never here or didn't stay for long, and are clearly not here NOW. We are alone on earth and we had better stop dreaming, take responsibility, and pull ourselves up by the bootstraps, or this place will continue to deteriorate until ........nothing left. Time for humanity to get heads out of the clouds and firmly on the practical road of shared goals (expanded freedom, human rights, poverty elimination, enviromental protection, etc,) all things that need no god/shakti inputs, just hard human effort, led by smart, un-biased, objective, proof-driven people trying to figure out the impersonal Laws of Nature. Or we can sink. Most seem to believe we are going to sink, because the gods/shakti are useless against puny humans, and there aren't enough smart people to stop The Red Tide of Holy Blood.

Since when was Shakti the prisoner of time and a subject of time's limitations? Again, must everything happen on your personal time schedule according to your personal beliefs about what is right to make it of value? And why only 150k years? Why not for forever?

Shakti or any god is not responsible for how people behave. People are responsible for their own behavior. People give their power away to their gods. It's not the gods fault that people can't do the job.

Glenn Morris used to say something that made me LOL. He said, "God doesn't hate you. You just fucked up!" People fuck up all the time. Gods are not responsible for that.

s

Edited by ShaktiMama