Pietro

Most Events that Happen to us do not Matter! An amazing talk by TED

Thanks for sharing that story of that part of your life with us SFJane.

Peace & Love!

You are very welcome. Thank Mal too because I missed this thread and a chance to add to it at least twice already. :)

You are very welcome. Thank Mal too because I missed this thread and a chance to add to it at least twice already. :)

Okay.

Thanks Mal.

Peace & Love!

• Like 1

BTT

because, after 4 years of study, my partner just found out she didn't get the job she really wanted and is, frankly, devastated.

Although I think I've already shown her this talk, she is generally resistant to any "help" from me. So...

since she only just got the "you were unsuccessful" letter

had being up all day trying to finish an assignment

is now almost home from her 16 hr double night shift.

I'm going to utilize her altered state and see if I can get her to watch this :ninja:

Wish me luck.

• Like 1

BTT

because, after 4 years of study, my partner just found out she didn't get the job she really wanted and is, frankly, devastated.

Although I think I've already shown her this talk, she is generally resistant to any "help" from me. So...

I'm going to utilize her altered state and see if I can get her to watch this :ninja:

Wish me luck.

Luck!

May her loss open the door to greater gain!

BTT

Wish me luck.

I wish you both:-)

So now is maybe not the time to question why the f$ark such smart folks seem to be concerned with kiss off letters then?

fair question :D

her - concerned about "what to do next year"

him - concerned about "why my intent didn't manifest as usual"

Nice video. Except the speaker was talking too fast because of the time restraints.

I've been on this kick lately; in effect looking at events through the eyes of that old sappy quote, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade".

Which essentially is the basis of that talk. So, happiness or not, is in your own hands all the time. Everything is dependent on the perception of the observer.

Except, its possible you're just kidding yourself, living a life of delusion because you can't stand the pain. In which case, the pain will be repressed, and manifest itself in some different form later.

The mind is one wild ass piece of machinery. Magnificent, but tricky.

BTT

This is an amazing talk from ted.com:

Dan Gilbert: Why are we happy

Essentially the main message is that when we are given a choise, that we cannot change, we are going eventually to be more happy than if in the choise we could change the result at any time.

It also shows how most of the events that happen to us REALLY MAKE no difference to our level of happiness.

:lol: after only a year I struggled to even remember the event I was referring to above,

as it turns out the job she did get is SO much better

i.e. "The one I got is really better than I thought, that other one I didn't get ... sux"

ROTFLMAO

Edited by Mal Stainkey