Sign in to follow this  
YMWong

Daoists and Shamans/Mediums

could be both but most of the time obstacles mean that there is no destiny.

seriously hair raising

like no plan no goal?

like not tapped in and tuned out?

Edited by rain

the distinctions are radical and many. to start with - there are no "current' schools - schools are either traditional or bogus.

as to traditional schools vs. shamanism - you need to answer two questions first. what societies they served respectively? what force (s) did they use?

There are many current schools of thought and philosophy about how to progress spiritually. Yet they all boil down to changing the body and/or mind. Which I believe shamanism is all about. The only differences seem to be time and place. Cultivation is about reaching beyond these two, from the perspective of the seeker... To reach an experiential connection with the all-pervading and all-knowing.

Humanity and life force.

Yours humbly,

James

[edit for grammatical error]

Edited by .broken.

This statement does not correspond with what I have read on shamanism. Shamans are very conscious of what they do when fighting the demons that manifest as illness or poor harvest.

"Michael Lambek has elaborated an impressive cultural account of trance among the Mayotte people of Madagascar which builds successively on metaphors of 'text' and 'embodiment'. Lambel points out that spirit possession implies an elementary triangle of communication between a spirit, its host and a third party who must mediate between the first two, an intermediate consciousness that enables two different manifestations located within the same person to speak to each other. Implicit here is the idea that the host does not consciously hear what the spirit says and therefore cannot 'remember' what happens during the period of possession. Extrapolating a little, we can argue that possession intrinsically involves either blockage or contradiction or both and is itself a way of trascending contradiction."

Questions of Consciousness

Anthony Paul Cohen, Nigel Rapport

Routledge, 1995

There are many current schools of thought and philosophy about how to progress spiritually. Yet they all boil down to changing the body and/or mind. Which I believe shamanism is all about. The only differences seem to be time and place.

(shrug) yeah one more reminder taht folks ask a question just to hear themselves talk. whatever.

(shrug) yeah one more reminder taht folks ask a question just to hear themselves talk. whatever.

A very humbling comment indeed.

Thank you kindly :)

Yours,

James

QUOTE(Little1 @ Sep 20 2008, 10:37 AM)

Okay, so what proofs would be necessary? Any example would suffice. End Quote

rejuvenation.

Procurator,

Care to provide some examples from the masters who live now, today?

From my observation, most of them look good and agile, but you can always tell their age regardless.

could be both but most of the time obstacles mean that there is no destiny.

and through practise we change our destiny.

YMWONG, dear sir, you are surrounded by knowledge here, and here is an offering from me: one quote does not a fact make.

and how will you know?

emobodied thrones

cryptikal koans

moan drones

ecliptic scripts

kryptonite sprites

telling tails knightly

true stories

change faces

exchange strange

places w/ braced space

trace graces lace

pace the race

erase replace

state cases

Edited by Spectrum

Thanks for the reply. It is hard to verify the fact from other sources though.

you are mighty welcome. Verification per se does not have much value however. I have personally observed rejuvenation in two persons, It is "verified" now for myself and by myself, yet it did not help me much, marginally - yes, but not much. What would verification do for you?

Sign in to follow this