Sign in to follow this  
pleasantfiction

Real taiji for everyone

Welcome Benjamin, find yourself a seat in amongst the good folk gathered here, how do you like your tea?

I am familiar with Sifu Adam Mizner's work and I am sure his 'abilities' will be duly cross-examined here ;)

I hope his workshops are a great success and more's the pity that I won't have the opportunity to push hands with him and the folks that will attend the workshops.

Blessings

Hi Benjamin,

Welcome to the ' bums we have another of Sifu Adams students here too, his screen name is Mouse, so you may know each other.

Have fun

Hi Benjamin,

Welcome to the ' bums we have another of Sifu Adams students here too, his screen name is Mouse, so you may know each other.

Have fun

I couldn't not click on the topic when someone claims to teach real taiji. :D

Hi Benjamin, who do you train under and which school?

Mal, hope you're doing well with your taiji training on your end. Hope you get to visit the school or the seminars if you can make it.

Quite a few of the folks in HME have trained in the Tung Lung system with Malcolm Sue, you can check with your Sigung if you get to drop by that way.

Enjoy your practice.

mouse

Hey Mouse, good lookin' out.

I'm training with Sifu in Phuket.

I trained previously with Sifu Chen from Jensen Beach, FL. www.tckf.net

He's got some good taiji, but there wasn't much boxing or Iron Robe, some while I can dig and at least attempt many of the the push hands and forms, my hands are as slow and blind as my body is weak and fragile.

Eh.

That's what training is for, right?

And where and with whom do you train?

Metta,

~ Benjamin

Edited by pleasantfiction

Y'know Stig, I've lived out this seeker's life under the relatively ardent yoke of acute skepticism, so when I find somebody who incontrovertibly shuts me up with the answers to all my best questions, as well as a more efficient path than I had previously dreamed of, it's easy as hell to hallelujah.

He's at once the best teacher, the best fighter, and the most enlightened person I've met. Granted I'm nothing, but I haven't seen anything greater than this.

I hope you do get a chance to touch with Sifu Adam at some point. Let me know what you think.

Metta,

~ Benjamin

Y'know Stig, I've lived out this seeker's life under the relatively ardent yoke of acute skepticism, so when I find somebody who incontrovertibly shuts me up with the answers to all my best questions, as well as a more efficient path than I had previously dreamed of, it's easy as hell to hallelujah.

He's at once the best teacher, the best fighter, and the most enlightened person I've met. Granted I'm nothing, but I haven't seen anything greater than this.

I hope you do get a chance to touch with Sifu Adam at some point. Let me know what you think.

Metta,

~ Benjamin

I apologise if I caused you offence ... that was not my intention.

However, said with respect, Adam lives under the ardent yoke of claiming 'abilities' that other 'masters' have also claimed and yet have proven to be frauds and charlatans.

So, while I in truth I hold a flame of belief in such skills, I also approach such claims "under the relatively ardent yoke of acute skepticism". When such abilities are demonstrated to be authentic under scientific conditions (e.g. performed on a random sample of test subjects rather than just the immediate students) and I have personally experienced them myself then I will be the first to follow the instruction of this achieved being.

And quite sincerely I also hope that I get the opportunity to meet Sifu Adam at some point. I know I would benefit immensely from experiencing his skills personally.

With sincere regards,

Hey Mouse, good lookin' out.

I'm training with Sifu in Phuket.

I trained previously with Sifu Chen from Jensen Beach, FL. www.tckf.net

He's got some good taiji, but there wasn't much boxing or Iron Robe, some while I can dig and at least attempt many of the the push hands and forms, my hands are as slow and blind as my body is weak and fragile.

Eh.

That's what training is for, right?

And where and with whom do you train?

Metta,

~ Benjamin

Hi Benjamin,

I train with Sifu Adam whenever I can. I spent some time with him last month around Thailand.

I have also spend time training with Cameron while I was living in Sydney.

Enjoy your practice. Sifu can guide your practice spiritually as well which is the main goal of training as I'm sure you're already well aware off.

mouse

greetings

what abilities do i claim? no offence taken but i would like to know.

Adam

However, said with respect, Adam lives under the ardent yoke of claiming 'abilities' that other 'masters' have also claimed and yet have proven to be frauds and charlatans.

So, while I in truth I hold a flame of belief in such skills, I also approach such claims "under the relatively ardent yoke of acute skepticism". When such abilities are demonstrated to be authentic under scientific conditions (e.g. performed on a random sample of test subjects rather than just the immediate students) and I have personally experienced them myself then I will be the first to follow the instruction of this achieved being.

And quite sincerely I also hope that I get the opportunity to meet Sifu Adam at some point. I know I would benefit immensely from experiencing his skills personally.

With sincere regards,

what abilities do i claim? no offence taken but i would like to know.

Adam

Hi Adam, with respect your vids make a demonstrable claim that you have achieved the ability to emit internal fa jin. Now you have to admit that there have been quite a few 'masters' who have claimed the same thing but unfortunately, when confronted to prove it, they are unable to do so outside of their circle of students.

This leads to the possibility that it only works on the people who believe it works. This suggests doubly that a.) it is wholy impractical for self-defence and b.) that demonstrations of this ability fall into the category of a form of group hypnosis.

Now, again with all due respect, the question arises: Have you been able to prove under strict scientific conditions (with random subjects etc) that your fa jin power is real?

If so, and I say this with great encouragement and without any untoward sentiment, then there is a cool US$1-million available to you through the James Randi Education Foundation.

Hi Adam, with respect your vids make a demonstrable claim that you have achieved the ability to emit internal fa jin. Now you have to admit that there have been quite a few 'masters' who have claimed the same thing but unfortunately, when confronted to prove it, they are unable to do so outside of their circle of students.

This leads to the possibility that it only works on the people who believe it works. This suggests doubly that a.) it is wholy impractical for self-defence and b.) that demonstrations of this ability fall into the category of a form of group hypnosis.

Now, again with all due respect, the question arises: Have you been able to prove under strict scientific conditions (with random subjects etc) that your fa jin power is real?

If so, and I say this with great encouragement and without any untoward sentiment, then there is a cool US$1-million available to you through the James Randi Education Foundation.

Stigweard,

Fa Jin can be easily demonstrated on a physical plane through proper alignment and structure. The actual words mean "issuing kenetic energy". This is most commonly formed by compression of the opponent's physical structure and your own structure through yielding and releasing it like a compressed spring.

There is nothing magical about that.

As for testing of fa jin by non-students, there is a short portion of a tung long guy being asked to try anything he wanted at one of the instructors during the seminar. Totally impromptu @ 1:42.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Best way is to cross hands and find out. Thats how I validated for myself.

Enjoy your practice,

mouse

thanks for the link.

so it seems you are refering to non touch stuff. it works, it doesnt work on everyone every time, but neither does a jab or any other skill. it is not something i would use in a fight, i have used it on a stranger in sparring though ( i was surprized myself) he went on to spread the word that i was doing black magic... in truth he had poor root so was easy to move. but i never claim i can do to everyone every time, that would be foolish.

Adam

thanks for the link.

so it seems you are refering to non touch stuff. it works, it doesnt work on everyone every time, but neither does a jab or any other skill. it is not something i would use in a fight, i have used it on a stranger in sparring though ( i was surprized myself) he went on to spread the word that i was doing black magic... in truth he had poor root so was easy to move. but i never claim i can do to everyone every time, that would be foolish.

Adam

Best way is to cross hands and find out. Thats how I validated for myself.

Enjoy your practice,

mouse

Cheers for your comments. I actually do want to catch up and attend some of your classes at some stage. The diary is booked for your current seminar dates but be sure I will rock up at some stage.

Blessings

Cheers for your comments. I actually do want to catch up and attend some of your classes at some stage. The diary is booked for your current seminar dates but be sure I will rock up at some stage.

Blessings

Stigweard,

The no touch stuff would come under "Fa Shen" not "Fa Jin".

Would be great to see you at the seminars if possible. I read somewhere on the forum that you are a teacher of Taiji and I'm sure it'll be of great interest to you and your students to have a friendly push with someone from outside your school system.

Where do you teach?

mouse

Where do you teach?

I teach privately in Toowoomba Qld ... I work nights these days so unfortunately I had to close my night classes.

I am always open to learning. :D

Cheers

hi

seminars will be on the applications of the 8 base energies of taiji

ward off

roll back

press

push

pluck

split

elbow

shoulder

this means how to build these energies and apply them in push hands and fighting. as well as the normal basics, sticking, yeilding, neutralizing and issueing. sydney seminar is cancelled by the way.

of course i will teach according to the capacities of the group. but something like that.

metta

Adam

could you give a basic list of stuff youl be teaching in your seminars?

cheers

thanks for the link.

Adam

The trick is to do the no touch stuff on someone who is blindfolded and without making any sound.

:)

The trick is to do the no touch stuff on someone who is blindfolded and without making any sound.

:)

xuesheng,

Having blindfolds on will make one more sensitive as restraining the sight will make someone reach out with their other senses.

Sifu Adam doesn't use "sounds" for fa shen either.

Enjoy your practice,

mouse

xuesheng,

Having blindfolds on will make one more sensitive as restraining the sight will make someone reach out with their other senses.

Sifu Adam doesn't use "sounds" for fa shen either.

Enjoy your practice,

mouse

Thanks for the reply Mouse.

Adam clearly has considerable Tai Ji skill.

It's unfortunate that he chooses to undermine his credibility by adding false demonstrations of fa shen. It does not help his reputation or that of our beloved art in any way to do this.

I offer this as a constructive criticism in the spirit of friendship and won't sully your threads with my comments on this any further.

Best wishes,

Thanks for the reply Mouse.

Adam clearly has considerable Tai Ji skill.

It's unfortunate that he chooses to undermine his credibility by adding false demonstrations of fa shen. It does not help his reputation or that of our beloved art in any way to do this.

I offer this as a constructive criticism in the spirit of friendship and won't sully your threads with my comments on this any further.

Best wishes,

xuesheng,

Wonder why you think they are false demonstrations? If you wanna clarify on pm it would not sully the thread.

I have felt the no touch stuff before on my first visit with Sifu Adam. It worked one time and didn't the other. He made me sit down from a distance but could not keep me down. It is just another skill to work on in your Taiji.

Enjoy your practice,

mouse

xuesheng,

Wonder why you think they are false demonstrations? If you wanna clarify on pm it would not sully the thread.

I have felt the no touch stuff before on my first visit with Sifu Adam. It worked one time and didn't the other. He made me sit down from a distance but could not keep me down. It is just another skill to work on in your Taiji.

Enjoy your practice,

mouse

I'm going to bring up my initial challenge ... if it is true the Adam can perform Fa Shen with people on their first visit like yourself then he won't mind proving it under strict scientific conditions.

xuesheng,

Enjoy your practice,

mouse

Thanks for the reply Mouse. I think they're false because I've seen the same thing performed by any number of "masters" of this or that (including Max Christensen, George Dillman, and the oft-ridiculed Japanese Kiai master from youtube, to name a few) and it's a parlor trick. I have sent a (much too long-winded) PM to clarify my thoughts on this.

Wishing you well.

Steve

I'm going to bring up my initial challenge ... if it is true the Adam can perform Fa Shen with people on their first visit like yourself then he won't mind proving it under strict scientific conditions.

Stig,

You are welcome to come down to the seminar to try for yourself. It would be great especially since you are a Taiji instructor too. No better way than to cross hands personally and verify. Watching clips or reading a test results will always still lead to doubt.

I cannot speak for Sifu Adam on how this scientific experiment can be conducted. Perhaps you would like to propose the test criteria.

mouse

I cannot speak for Sifu Adam on how this scientific experiment can be conducted. Perhaps you would like to propose the test criteria.

mouse

Is that a sincere request? Have you confirmed this with Adam? I would be more than happy to do so.

Sign in to follow this