Sign in to follow this  
pleasantfiction

Real taiji for everyone

Hi all, well last time i checked my teacher wasn't a circus performer and was certainly not into proving himself.

Personally, in my first or second encounter with Sifu, i was introduced to this "empty force". I certainly wasn't a devoted student at that point. I was a scepticle hard stylist with a background in muay thai, wing chun and western boxing. And at this stage there were no youtube clips to pre condition me either. I'd seen a flyer on a notice board , i called him out of the blue and that was it.

This no hands gear is not something we train specifically, but at the same time we are training our minds to be free from the restraints of conventional reality- the biggy here being the notion that you are there and i am here, and we are separate etc, etc. So if you practice ( in Buddhism /Taoism )the idea that you can effect your "reality" with your mind ,could be quite tangible. Yes? One only has to read a few lines from any given Sutta or Classic to be reminded of this.

And for the record, Sifu claims to be nothing other than a teacher of the Dhamma( taiji falling under this of course).

Hoping to cross hands soon,

Metta

Andrew

If he can move people from a distance then he should also be able to move something inanimate like a chair or even a pinp pong ball .

SABRETOOTH.

If he can move people from a distance then he should also be able to move something inanimate like a chair or even a pinp pong ball .

Maybe it doesn't work like you're assuming. ;)

How did the melbourne seminar go?:)

Hi Jack, yes the seminar was great...different format again to the previous workshops. I suppose that's one of the elements that makes these seminars special. Sifu was injured and still recovering from food poisoning, and after taking his arm out of a sling, proceeded to demonstrate the skill and understanding that has made him one of the more exciting players on the scene. He went on to openenly expound his knowledge to his guests, touching hands with most during the ensuing excercises. Sifu Karram, from the gold coast/brisbane was also in attendance, bolstering the teaching presence on the day. The seminar explored the 8 energies of taiji.. in form and push hands. It was good to see the application of the 8 energies....as most seem to only use push...push and push.

Take care,

Andrew

How did the melbourne seminar go?:)

hi seminar in melbourne went well, always fun to touch a bunch of strangers. elbow injury a bit of a problem but just have to keep the jin gentle. i cancelled the sydney seminar because not enough bookings then in the last week many people called to book in, too late. fly up to the coast soon for a seminar there which will be fun.

metta

adam

Sign in to follow this