kathyli

up coming event

I am surprised by a lack of interest in this thread.This is an incredible opportunity to learn from both Master Wang and Shen Laoshi. I thought a lot of you have been interested in finding Master Wang? Future seminars are not guaranteed and it could be your only chance to meet him!

As long as you have a good translator, you will have an incredible experience. You can read about the experience in Master Wang's seminar from the earlier posts in my blog.

Edited by Ken

I am surprised by a lack of interest in this thread.This is an incredible opportunity to learn from both Master Wang and Shen Laoshi. I thought a lot of you have been interested in finding Master Wang? Future seminars are not guaranteed and it could be your only chance to meet him!

As long as you have a good translator, you will have an incredible experience. You can read about the experience in Master Wang's seminar from the earlier posts in my blog.

Ken,

I am interested in your seminar with Shen Laoshi.

Where is it going to be?

Can you give me some dates? Cost information?

Thanks a lot.

Hi Ken,

I can see Your point,Please dont take Offence at the lack of concern from others regarding the Upcoming Course. Im 100% Certain that many here would give an Arm Or a Leg just to spend even a few minutes with Master Wang Liping Or Shen Laoshi. Indeed this is an Amazing opportunity.

I think, that most people however find it very hard to obtain this Amount of Money - in such a short Period. By the time Course, Airfares & Accomadation are paid for its in excess of around $7000 USD minimum. For the average Guy with a Family & a House to pay off,Uni, Etc ,Then this could easily take a few months or even 1 year to save this amount of Money. Not to mention getting this around the wife :))

Just My bit :)

Regards,

hi r.w.smith,

I think $7000 is a bit overestimated. The tuition is $3000 and it includes room and board. So all you need is the travel expenses. I just checked on expedia that flight from NYC to HGH cost ~$1500 (if you live in the west coast, it's probably cheper), add on top of that some incidental expenses of ~$100 (things are cheap in China) and perhaps $300(i am just guessing here, $300 is a lot of money for a Chinese) for a translator. So you are looking at total of ~$5000. OK that's a LOT of money but consider that 3000 RMB is probably a few years savings for most chinese who are planning to go (last i heard there are already hundreds who had signed up), you won't be the only one who feel pinched by the cost.

Beside Master Wang, Shen laoshi is the best teacher out there who can teach you the same longmen pai materials. But he will be the first one to tell you he is a kindergartener in front of Master Wang. (but know that we are all kindergarterners in front of Shen laoshi, lol). So I really hope that a lot of you will be able to go.

Ken

p.s. i don't work for the organization who is planning the seminar, so i don't get anything by getting people to sign up.

And to 松永道,

One question though: It's reckless to give these practices to just anyone, money or not. Without the right constitution, some people will develop real problems. Now qualified teachers can diagnose which students need to start with which practices, but does this same screening and customizing occur in a seminar setting? I'd really like to know.

I have no idea where you get this idea from and i doubt you have ever tried Longmen Pai practice. The materials people are going to learn in Jinhua will benefit ANYONE, especially if you have problems with your health.

Edited by Ken

And to 松永道,

I have no idea where you get this idea from and i doubt you have ever tried Longmen Pai practice. The materials people are going to learn in Jinhua will benefit ANYONE, especially if you have problems with your health.

Woah buddy,

I don't know what Master Wang intends to teach at Jinhua but I trust that he knows what he is doing. I merely wanted to ask any custom tailoring to individual needs took place at your seminar. No need to get defensive or accusatory. As you should well know the practice of Neidan, can lead to hallucinations and on to serious mental illness if practiced incorrectly. Now if they are just teaching health building, balancing, and concentrating the spirit practices then you're right, they will benefit just about anyone.

My apologies if something I said rubbed you the wrong way. I'd prefer education not an argument.

Edited by 松永道

Woah buddy,

I don't know what Master Wang intends to teach at Jinhua but I trust that he knows what he is doing. I merely wanted to ask any custom tailoring to individual needs took place at your seminar. No need to get defensive or accusatory. As you should well know the practice of Neidan, can lead to hallucinations and on to serious mental illness if practiced incorrectly. Now if they are just teaching health building, balancing, and concentrating the spirit practices then you're right, they will benefit just about anyone.

My apologies if something I said rubbed you the wrong way. I'd prefer education not an argument.

Hi 松永道,

It's true that neigong or qigong is very dangerous but that's usually due to

(1) dubious practice from questionable lineage

(2) lack of an authentic teacher.

With Master Wang, these won't be an issue. Secondly Ling Bao Bi Fa will never be taught publicly, what will be taught is foundational practice of Longmen Pai. You just simply can't do Ling Bao Bi Fa without the foundational practice Yin Xian Fa, on one hand you will never find the actual methods of Ling Bao Bi Fa anywhere, on the other hand doing Ling Bao Bi Fa without foundation is like a child learning to weild a heavy sword, he won't be able to lift it in the first place and if he can lift it, he will likely cut himself in half. Yin Xian Fa allows the child to grow into a man in the analogy so that he will be strong enough and mature enough to wield the sword.

Yin Xian Fa is extremely safe, even children can do it (older than 12), the drawback is it take dedication and hard practice to progress.

Ken

Edited by Ken

Thanks Ken,

My confusion that the Ling Bao Bi Fa might be taught by Shen Laoshi in a seminar setting, which just didn't make any sense. Thanks for clarifying.

Good luck with your seminar, should you find yourself in Xi'an, the tea is on me.

~小松

Sino-U.S. religious leaders call for dialogue, understanding among faiths, nations

Dozens of Chinese and American religious leaders met Tuesday, calling for more dialogue and mutual understanding among different faiths to promote life and maintain world stability.

"We should base (ourselves) on the common well-being of mankind, get rid of narrow-mindedness and prejudice, stick to mutual understanding and communication, mutual respect and solidarity," said Ding Changyun, vice president of the China Taoist Association, at the Chinese-American Multi-religious Dialogue event in the Mercer University.

He said it has been proved by history that religions can play a significant guiding role in individual moral cultivation and promoting family harmony and harmonious social development.

More religious efforts are required to realize human peace and social harmony, so religious communities across the world should bear the words "Friendly (and) Equality" in mind and develop extensive and in-depth exchanges and dialogue, Ding added.

Gao Feng, president of the China Christian Council, told the conference that in view of the Christian spirit of "loving others like loving yourself," his religion encourages dialogue with other faiths to further understand and trust others, and then love others.

Taking Christianity and Buddhism, Jing Yin, a member of the standing committee of the Buddhist Association of China, said that despite their differences in the basic doctrines, both religions seem to be able to offer stability, values, identity recognition and a goal to the individual.

Michael Elliston from Atlanta Zen Soto Center noted that we are living in a time when the desire for peace and stability has never been stronger.

"Securing it (stability) will require an abiding appreciation of the value of life, honoring each person's unique identity and a clear grasp of the higher purpose of life," he said.

The three Chinese are among a delegation of religious leaders from China, who are on a 12-day visit to the United States at the invitation of three U.S. Christian groups, starting last Thursday.

In Atlanta, the delegation staged a forum for multi-faith religious leaders and government officials, as well as civic leaders including U.S. former President Jimmy Carter.

Delegates discussed topics on how each religious tradition seeks to inform and strengthen family relationships in the light of globalization and rapid change in modern society.

They also addressed the issue of how belief systems impact majority-minority relationships and religious freedom in China and the United States. The delegation is also scheduled to meet with U.S. lawmakers, federal government officials, academicians and media in Washington, D.C. later this week.

Dee Froeber, an organizer from North Carolina Forest Hills Baptist Church Raleigh, told Xinhua that the visit is aimed at creating understanding of religious roles in both Chinese and American societies, exploring from multiple perspectives the contribution religions can offer to society and discovering new directions and opportunities for dialogue on the status of religious freedom in the two countries.

Hi Guys,

I just visited David Shen Verdesi's webpage & found this.

Course 2 - Returning Students - September 24 - October 7, 2008

Transmissions:

SZG2 - Sheng Zheng Gong Level 2

NG1 - Nei Gong Level 1

"Wang Li Ping Shifu of the Long Men Pai will be present"

Tuition Fees and Payment Information

Tuition Fee for one course: 5000 Euro

Down Payment for one course: 2500 Euro

------------------------------------------------------

So will Master Wang be present during Davids Seminar ? I dont understand why Dr Verdesi charges so much money when Master Wang is only half the price ? My Question is...... Why would anyone even consider training with David ?

http://www.traditionaltao.com/index.html/h...ubsection/ID/16

Hi Guys,

I just visited David Shen Verdesi's webpage & found this.

Course 2 - Returning Students - September 24 - October 7, 2008

Transmissions:

SZG2 - Sheng Zheng Gong Level 2

NG1 - Nei Gong Level 1

"Wang Li Ping Shifu of the Long Men Pai will be present"

Tuition Fees and Payment Information

Tuition Fee for one course: 5000 Euro

Down Payment for one course: 2500 Euro

------------------------------------------------------

So will Master Wang be present during Davids Seminar ? I dont understand why Dr Verdesi charges so much money when Master Wang is only half the price ? My Question is...... Why would anyone even consider training with David ?

http://www.traditionaltao.com/index.html/h...ubsection/ID/16

There is a fairly simple answer, I think - because Verdesi is making money off of the people who don't know how to get to the Master Liping himself without going through a 3rd person.

It is sad that things like these happen on a spiritual path and that people are taken advantage of in this manner.

Great opportunity to meet Master Wang, I wish I would be old enough to join, but who knows..maybe in the future ^_^

Thankyou for the kind Response Harry.

What a shame Master Wang Liping wont be Attending Davids Seminar. Im sure many Students must feel terrible about this. In all Honesty However, David should really take that Advertisment down about Wang Liping. Maybe it could lead People astray & Could be viewed as False Advertisment . This does nobody any Good & It may even give Wang Liping a Bad Name being Associated with it.

Regards,

:)

You know.

I do know that I am confused about many aspects.

I do know that I wished a few things would be different.

And I do know it is not up to me to decide what someone else should or should not do.

Please know that I do not intend to justify what David is doing or not doing, or try to defend

him or not. He does not need me for that and I know too little to be in a position to do so.

But from what I know I can say a few things:

The advertisement:

For reasons that do not have to do with Master Wang Liping the seminars this month

could not happen in China or closeby and had to be relocated pretty shortterm. It is not

in David's hand to update the webpage and it would not be of importance anyway as the

participants got chosen quite some time ago.

If you are referring to the advertisement for the November seminar in Denmark:

I by now have heard different ideas about what is going to happen, what is not going to

happen and the whys for one or the other. I am pretty okay with staying back and waiting

for things to happen and not judge them upfront and possibly not even much thereafter...

What I do know though is that Jette, the organizer in Denmark, indeed is a great warm- & kind-

hearted person and that she has no intent to mislead anyone. If you look at the seminar announce-

ment it does not tell anything about seminar payments upfront or whatever. This will only

happen if things are being settled for sure. So nobody is being ripped of here and there is no reason

to amazingly feel terrible if it all won't happen. I nevertheless assume there is the idea to

inform and make interested as many people as possible in order to indeed make it all happen.

Regarding David & organization. I have heard a little joke from an older student of David only recently.

It was similar to:

"You know. We know of Germans to be good and straight and effective organizers, and we know of

Italians to be great lovers.

David for sure is an Italian with regard to that."

I am sure that the upcoming years will tell us a lot without us having to bite on our tongues talking

much about it.

enjoy a great day

Harry

In Professor Farnsworth voice: "Good news everyone!". Here is an update of the Jinhua Seminar. The organizing committee has responded to your (potential western students) concerns, about the language barrier and the potential lack of individual access to Master Wang for questions and instructions etc.. They had consulted with Master Wang and he had very kindly agreed that if there are more than 20 foreign students in the seminar, they will have a private class with Master Wang every night!!! I hope it will encourage more of you to sign up for the Jinhua seminar! Hurry up the deadline is coming up very soon. You can contact Ms. Kathy Li for the applcation form in English.
:o:blink:

Wow, holy FACK!!!! This really just changed the equation. Damn, I might just have to go now. Damn. Uhhhhhhh...

Really impressed by WLP's graciousness too...true great masters are also great humans.

Just 1 month to get visa and airfare is pushing it, though...

BTW, what type of visa will we need? I'm assuming an L tourist visa would be sufficient? Or would we need an F, or some other type?

And will any of the lectures be recorded for us and sold as DVDs or anything? Also, will any workbooks or reference course material be provided with the basic curriculum? Or will we have to remember a week & a half's material by sheer memory? Hopefully not, cuz my memory sux!

Edited by vortex

BTW, what type of visa will we need? I'm assuming an L tourist visa would be sufficient? Or would we need an F, or some other type?

I'm sure L visa is fine. 2 weeks at your local embassy, you can get it faster if you pay more.

Yes indeed. And this is what lately I am wondering about:

you know. What good is it to spend a lot on travel costs to see a high master when you likely know

you won't manage to keep up to his standards?

I mean: yes. It might be that one will never meet the master again because he once again is retreating,

but what good does it to show up, go back home and don't be able to practice?

I mean: sure. The experience. Maybe the hope that meeting the master itself will already change ones

destiny...

I am not sure.

Nevertheless: I keep my fingers crossed for you and anyone else who is going to make the jump.

:)

Harry

Absolutely, free time & money are 2 of the biggest obstacles for laymen attempting what were really designed as monastic practices.

Right now, it is very difficult for me to even set aside 10-20 minutes a day for training. That sounds like peanuts, but I'm actually in time debt right now. So, you really have to get really organized and restructure your entire lifestyle to accommodate such training, and/or find ways to streamline the training and boost its efficiency.

These are the larger "real world" issues that will nonetheless indirectly promote or impede your actual cultivation progress.

"Ideally," we would all have loads of "passive" income and free time. Material liberation supports spiritual liberation. :)