Gerard

Full-lotus fallacy

Physiosymbolically speaking, full lotus bridges heaven and earth.

I do not believe it is necessary for enlightenment. However, according to most Daoist schools of thought, it is necessary for achieving the Neidan. Is Neidan necessary for enlightenment? Again, I doubt it. In fact, for some it could even be a hindrance.

What does seem certain is that full-lotus opens up the possibility for deeper energetic development, for an enlightenment of the body so to speak. Personally, I have experienced many low level benefits since beginning to really sit in full-lotus: naturally sleep less at night, very high energy level, faster and more complete digestion, to name a few. And personally, I like the idea of requiring less physically as well as mentally, not to mention exploring our human potential. On top of that, it's very stable and more comfortable than any other position once you open up to it.

I view like body like an intricate sand mandala. Beautiful, and though temporary, worth the effort. A real exercise in enlightenment, creating, and letting go.

In my opinion it's worth putting up with the bitter gongfu needed to achieve the position. Plus you will develop a strong will in the process.

• Like 1

See in the West (science) time is defined as geometric distance -- when in fact the secret of the full-lotus is that the tetrahedral geometry collapses as complementary opposite resonance (2:3 is Yang and 3:4 is Yin). The full-lotus is a tetrahedron made up of 4 equilateral triangles, each made up of two 2-3-4 triangles. So we think of the full-lotus as "lower" or physical when in fact it creates the Harmony of heaven and earth -- the transcendence of the Moon and Sun -- to resonate with the formless awareness.

Ok try this out:

Last night I got THE LOST LECTURE OF RICHARD FEYNMAN -- it's call something like "planetary motion around the sun."

"Feynman's Lost Lecture: The motion of planets around the sun."

So the kicker is that it comes with an audio C.D. that has information NOT in the book (even though the book contains a long explanation of Feynman's lecture with an epilogue as well).

The difference is that the audio lecture ends with the students at CalTech going up and questioning Feynman -- all caught on C.D.

So the lecture is all about how to derive the inverse square law (which comes from music theory). It's been proven that Newton got the inverse square law directly from PSEUDO-pythagorean analysis of Archytas.

So you stretch a string 4 times its length to get the doubling of frequency:

Inverse square.

Now then -- my whole argument is that overtones are not determined by using weights as mass tension (since this goes against the law of Pythagoras). In other words frequency is inversely proportional to string length -- but Archytas used string tension to get the inverse square law.

It's supposed to be that half the string length is the octave -- not 4 times the string length.

But the half the string length then violates time as geometric symmetry since the overtones with 2:3 as the perfect fifth and 3:4 as the perfect fourth are complementary opposites, (i.e. C to G is 2:3 and G to C is 3:4). This creates the infamous "comma of Pythagoras."

Greek geometry (and Western science) is based on symmetry with a one-to-one correspondence of distance as letter and number as length.

Now then as I said there's a secret at the end of Feynman's Lost Lecture.

Feynman made as PSYCHOLOGICAL error -- he labeled the radius as "subprime v" and therefore the students associated the radius with velocity.

So then one of the CalTech students asks about this and Feynman gets mad and says he can just change the symbol which he then does.

So then the students start talking about the concept of "infinite velocity" -- vis a vis gravity as attraction and electrostatic force as repulsion -- both using the inverse square law.

So then a student -- the final question -- asks:

Yes but what's the pinnacle of the significance of the radius as velocity?

To which Feynman responds -- (because Feynman's big point was the Newton deduced from Kepler that the force attracts to the sun) --

It's not velocity it's just radius -- based on conservation of angular momentum.

So then the student says O.K. but what if it was an "equilateral hyperbole."

Feynman says: What the hell is that? You mean 90 degrees?

So then Feynman says you mean the radius is determined by 1/2?

He then states -- now the radius is not multiplied by 1/2 but by the square root of two.

Now that's EXACTLY the same point I'm making -- the "pinnacle of the significance of the radius as velocity."

All this geometry is based on measuring time as space distance with the sun as the center (in contrast to using the CHAOTIC nonlinear resonance of the lunar-sun-earth dynamics based on a complementary opposite vortex).

So if you use the inverse square law then you lose the octave as 1/2 and you get the new octave now converted to the tritone (half of the string length) -- so that 9/8 (the major second) cubed equals the square root of two (tritone) -- derived from converting 2/3 as frequency into 3/2 as geometric distance (3/2 squared as 9/4 with halving the double octave, 9/4 to get 9/8, the major second).

In other words the physics concepts of attraction (gravity) and repulsion (electromagnetics) have ALSO been based on symmetry, from the geometric-based math with time as space. In fact the weak force has been determined to violate the symmetry, thereby creating alchemical transmutations which supposedly do not change mass (but mass itself is just defined by the symmetric-based math)

Edited by drew hempel

But practice is practice and not enlightenment and therefore posture has very little to do with it.

I agree!! Reliance on a technique just seems like an attatchment, when the opposite is what the lotus-ette or lotus-ee may be seeking.

Unless someone persevered so hard with full lotus they drove themselves crazy at being so ridiculous and this realisation made them snap out of the dream..... :lol:

But yeah, I like full lotus, nice little meditation posture!! For some reason at the age of 14 I discovered I could do it spontaneously and would sit like it very regularly. No full on enlightenment yet though!!

Or any o's at a d's... haha ;)

Edited by emily

Guest allan

drew hempel,

Like a few others in another thread, I would suggest that you return to see your teacher about your practice, shortly. It is serious.

Tell him what you have been experiencing and he may be able to straighten you out. It is his responsibility.

Regards,

drew hempel,

Like a few others in another thread, I would suggest that you return to see your teacher about your practice, shortly. It is serious.

Tell him what you have been experiencing and he may be able to straighten you out. It is his responsibility.

Regards,

:lol:

patrick brown, who are you to tell who is enlightened and who isn't? maybe it's just me but you come off as some textbook spiritualist who really knows nothing.

and i think it's funny people say "attachment to technique." have you been able to detach yourself from anything? if the answer is no who you are to judge any other.

got to love this guy

drew hempel,

Regards,

"it is serious" hahahahahaha because you'd be able to tell right? through what he writes on the internet?

The spiral is how sound creates light which bends spacetime through consciousness or "empty awareness."

In the West we separate everything -- you can't visualize consciousness but you can listen to it. There's no need to reinvent anything -- the c.d. "Healing Dance Music of the Kalahari San" is the REAL thing -- the alchemical trance music that was the dominant human culture from 10,000 BCE to 80,000 BCE.

So just order that from the Smithsonian -- the liner notes, which I posted here, a Pdf file -- explain how the alchemy works. This is where Gurdjieff got his stuff -- it's the same as tantra and qigong -- it all comes from the Bushmen.

I just sit in full-lotus all the time -- shooting light out of my pineal gland, focused through my eyes, which in turn pulls up my sex hormones, ionizing the serotonin and chemicals in my stomach, via the vagus nerve, thereby creating bliss and mutual climaxes with females around me.

If I built up the ionized serotonin to further levels of resonance then the stronger electromagnetic fields stored internally would create more precognition, telepathy, telekinesis, longevity, etc. It's all from the same basic 1-4-5 resonance which spirals beyond sound into ultrasound thereby creating blissful heat and then further ionizes the love into light. What enables this is the formless awareness or consciousness -- which, because it's from complementary opposites, is female -- the Cosmic Mother will never be Unveiled. That's why males can't figure this stuff out -- modern males that is.

haha. You have to LISTEN -- not fixate on visual patterns. You listen to FEMALES singing nonwestern harmonics. You practice the small universe and tai-chi and then work into the full-lotus. You read Mantak Chia and the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" -- for how the 12 notes of the scale, built from nonwestern fifths, creates alchemy as 12 nodes along the outside of the body. The 7 to 9 note scale is the central channel of the body and the 1-4-5 as the tetrad 1:2:3:4 is the tetrahedral full-lotus.

So I recommend the small universe c.d. from http://springforestqigong.com -- it's $11 -- the level 1 sitting meditation. That will teach you how to create SPIRAL music -- how sound resonates into light and then into consciousness.

I listen to the Bushmen c.d. all night long -- it's awesome.

LMAO

Keep it up Drew. Fascinating stuff, and the responses you provoke are hilarious. Some people just take it allll sooo seriously LOL

Hey Qigong Boy -- did you take classes from Spring Forest Qigong? You probably get this already? Anyway...sans images (neo-luddite with really full bladder).

SFQ logo

The Spring Forest Qigong

Energy Connection

Issue 9

July 2008

In This Issue

Healing Meditation

Concert Planned

Welcome Back, Master Nance!

Ask Master Lin

International Guild Update

Guild Reachout Program

Guild Traveling

Team at Dragon

Festival

Next Instructor

Certification Class

Summer Special

Services Available at SFQ

Helpful Links

The SFQ Website

Classes

International Guild

Online Store

SFQ logo

Master Lin had the SFQ logo designed to show tender new leaves of spring-time, symbolizing growth, optimism, and excitement. The leaves may also be seen as hands or arms cradling a small red energy ball, representing hope, healing, and new life.

What is Qigong?

"Qigong (pronounced "chee-gong") is one of the cornerstones of traditional Chinese medicine. "Qi" is the universal energy that makes up and flows through everything in the universe. In our bodies, it is vitality or life force. "Gong" means to practice, cultivate, or refine, leading to mastery. "Qigong," then, means to cultivate or refine one's vitality or life force through practice.

Spring Forest helps in this endeavor by offering a number of classes, workshops, and retreats. We also schedule individual, telephone, and distance sessions through our Center in Eden Prairie, Minnesota.

The Spring Forest Vision

Lotus flower

Our vision is "a healer in every family and a world without pain." To help take this vision to the next level, Spring Forest Qigong has made some exciting additions to our programs, including active exercise classes at the Spring Forest Center and a program to train Spring Forest Qigong teachers.

Watch for more exciting changes coming soon!

~ ~ ~

Sharing SFQ

Do you have a friend or relative who would like to receive information about Spring Forest Qigong? If so, please feel free to use the "Forward E-mail" link at the bottom of this newsletter.

SFQ Healing Meditation

Concert Planned

An Evening Not to be Missed!

Lotus FlowerPlease come experience Chunyi Lin's powerful healing energy in a guided healing meditation concert during which you will enjoy beautiful music while meditating and healing yourself. Or simply come and experience a higher level of personal wellness by allowing yourself to enter into a connection with the oneness of the universe.

Master Lin will be joined by world-renowned musician Zhang Ying, who composed and performed much of the music used on the Spring Forest Qigong learning and healing tools, as well as two other great musicians: Peiju Picard and Charlotte King, who has also played for SFQ music CDs.

Date: August 9, 2008

Time: 7:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m.

Place: Good Shepherd Lutheran Church

7600 Cahill Ave

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota 55076

Suggested donation: $15/individual, $25/family

________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome Back, Master Nance!

Master NanceMaster Jim Nance has returned to the SFQ Center in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, and is again seeing clients. He has been recuperating at home from a fall that severed ligaments in both of his knees and has been continuing his work by doing phone and distance appointments.

Master Nance began working afternoons at the Center on July 9 and will increase his hours to full-time by August 15. We're very happy to have him back!

If you would like to make an appointment, please call 952-593-5555.

Ask Master Lin

Master LinDo you have something you would like to ask Master Lin? Each month we will select a question that has been sent to us and publish the answer in this newsletter (your name will not be used). Please keep in mind that Master Lin does not diagnose medical conditions and will not be able to personally answer each question. If you would like a member of our support team to get back to you, please make note of that in your e-mail or letter. Send questions to [email protected].

Question: Could you please describe the Spring Forest Qigong breathing technique? It's different than the abdominal breathing I've done before. Thank you!

Answer: The upper part of the body, starting from the navel, belongs to yang, or male, energy. The lower part of the body belongs to yin, or female, energy. One of the reasons for sickness is that the yang energy and the yin energy cannot communicate well. In Spring Forest Qigong breathing, you concentrate your mind in your skin and, when you inhale, visualize universal energy coming into every cell of the body and collecting in the lower dantian (deep behind the navel). Draw the lower part of the stomach in just a little. If you draw it in too hard, you are not relaxing yourself. Energy coming in through inhaling is yin--hold this energy in the upper part of your body so that the yin and the yang energy have a chance to communicate.

Energy going out through exhaling is yang. When you exhale, visualize the sickness as extra energy changing into air or smoke and shooting out from every cell of the body to the end of the universe. Loosen the lower stomach and let the qi move there, allowing the yang energy and yin energy to join together. By doing so, you give another chance for the yin and yang to communicate.

SFQ International Guild Update

The Guild meetings in July are held at the Eisenhower Center, convening promptly at 9:00 a.m. and ending at noon with the completion of active exercises and meditation. The Eisenhower Center is located at 1001 Highway 7, Hopkins, Minnesota, 55305. Guests are welcome to attend Guild meetings for a fee of $15.00 if they have completed Level I.

At the Saturday, July 12, meeting Patrick Dougherty spoke on openheartedness and Qigong. Sheila Judd's topic for the July 26 meeting will be on menopause and Qigong.

If you would like to know more about the SFQ International Guild, please visit the Guild page on the SFQ web site.

SFQ International Guild

ReachOut Program

Hello everyone,

My name is Mary Zelmer and I want to tell you a little bit about the Guild ReachOut program. The objective of this program is to take the healing art of Spring Forest Qigong into the community, thereby providing Guild members with opportunities to strengthen their knowledge and skills by reaching out in service to others. There are ReachOut opportunities in three categories:

1. One-to-one visits, coordinated by Nou Katzmarek. These visits may be at a hospital, nursing home, hospice, shelter, or in a person's home. Anyone interested in helping someone heal in a one-to-one setting can e-mail Nou at [email protected] or call her at 952-210-6584.

2. The Traveling Healing Team, coordinated by Rhonda Battisto. Those who would like to be part of a team of healers offering brief healing sessions at special events and/or facilities may contact Rhonda at [email protected].

(Volunteers for the positions above are required to have completed SFQ Levels I and II.)

3. Information Services: If you would like to be at an information table and/or give presentations about Spring Forest Qigong, please consider this opportunity. We do not yet have a coordinator; if you are interested, contact Mary at [email protected].

Sue Esch has volunteered to assist anyone with questions concerning healing animals. She can be reached at [email protected].

The support we offer to volunteers will vary with what is needed. There may be questions about helping others or refining detection and healing skills, or concerns may come up in the course of volunteer service. Our goal is to help you build your confidence and knowledge so you can grow in as many different areas of your practice as you wish.

We are all very excited about these opportunities! Help us reach out with open hearts and make a difference to those in need. With one gentle movement in service to others, we can all bring Master Lin's vision of "a healer in every family and a world without pain" a day closer. Please join us in becoming a "love radiator"!

Thank you.

Mary Zelmer

ReachOut Coordinator

Mary Zelmer

In addition to coordinating the Guild

ReachOut Program, Mary also works

as a Master Healer at the SFQ Center.

You may contact her at

[email protected].

Guild Traveling Team

at Dragon Festival

The Guild ReachOut Program had its official kickoff on July 12 and 13 when 20 Traveling Healing Team volunteers (see article above) attended the Dragon Festival at Phalen Lake Park in Minnesota. The festival was held to bring together the greater Twin Cities community in celebration of diverse Asian-Pacific cultures. Kathy Backberg was the lead volunteer for this endeavor and put in "immense amounts of time, energy, love, and caring," according to Rhonda Battisto, the Traveling Healing Team coordinator.

TravelTeamPhalenLkPk2The SFQ healers were positioned at a lovely spot by the lake, occasionally glimpsing the dragon boat races as they worked on babies, children, adults, seniors, and sometimes entire three-generation families. More than 250 people experienced complimentary Spring Forest Qigong sessions, and many spoke TravelTeamEarMassagelater about feeling energized, relaxed, and very happy they had stopped by. They appreciated learning active exercises, such as Moving of Yin and Yang and Breathing of the Universe, and were very interested in finding out more about Master Lin, Spring Forest Qigong, and SFQ in general. As Rhonda said, "The smiles on peoples' faces at the end of a session said it all!"

Some highlights of the weekend:

* a man brought his children back on Sunday because his neck pain had been relieved by a volunteer on Saturday

* one impatient young boy asked his dad, in the middle of his session, when it was going to be over. At the end he jumped up and spontaneously said that his back had hurt before, but it didn't hurt anymore!

* several dragon boat rowers came for a session on the recommendation of other members of their crew who felt that Spring Forest Qigong had helped relax and energize them

* one person was amazed that a volunteer sensed she had had surgery and could correctly tell her where the surgery had been

Rhonda felt this festival was a great experience for the Guild volunteers who were "willing, wonderful, and so generous with their love and healing." If you have completed Levels I and II and would like to be part of a Traveling Team event in the future, contact her at [email protected].

(The Traveling Team members pictured standing in the above photos are, from left to right, Brian Backberg, Kathy Backberg, Barb Palmer, Rhonda Battisto, David Werner and Bruno Franck.)

Next Instructor Certification Class

The next two-day class for Level I instructor certification, geared to give instructors the tools they need to deliver a consistent presentation of Level I information to their students, will be held August 15 and 16 at:

Hilton Garden Inn

6330 Point Chase

Eden Prairie, MN 55344

952-995-9000

A special room rate is guaranteed if the room is booked by July 31.

Applicants for this class must have completed Spring Forest Qigong Levels I, II, and III, and will need to pass a criminal background check. For information on fees and applications, contact the SFQ Center at 952-593-5555.

The final class for 2008 will be October 3 and 4 in the Minneapolis area.

Special Summer Appointments

The SFQ Center will be offering 20-minute sessions for $65 in the afternoon, Monday through Friday, from now through September. The appointments may be scheduled with Master Nance or with one of the Master Healers.

Also, "bundling" of services is now available: Receive a discount when more than one service is scheduled. See "SPECIAL DISCOUNT" in the "Services Available at SFQ" section below.

Call the Center at 952-593-5555 for more information or to make an appointment.

*Services Available at SFQ

In-Person Sessions at the SFQ Center

During your half-hour session at the SFQ Center, you will sit comfortably and share your concerns with a Master Healer. He or she will move a hand several inches from your body to detect and remove energy blockages. Active exercises and/or healing meditations may be suggested for further benefit. When he is available, Master Lin will spend the last five minutes of your session continuing to assist you in your healing journey.

Phone Appointments

Appointments with Master Lin, Master Nance, or one of the Master Healers, are also available by telephone. During a phone appointment, you briefly describe your concerns and then sit quietly while blockages are being detected and removed. Following the session, you may meditate or just rest for about 30 minutes to allow the energy to continue to move.

Distance Sessions

With this type of session, there is no physical or verbal contact involved. Using simple information (a name, a location, a brief description of the area of concern), Master Lin, Master Nance, or one of the Master Healers will remotely detect blockages and work to eliminate them.

*Active Exercise Classes

Two Level I Active Exercise classes are available at the SFQ Center: one on Friday at noon and one on Tuesday evenings at 6:00 p.m. These classes focus on techniques to help relieve pain, reduce stress, and develop physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health.

*Coaching Sessions

In a coaching session, trained SFQ staff members will work one-on-one or in small groups to help you develop and use your natural ability to heal yourself and others.

*SPECIAL DISCOUNT: When you attend a coaching session or an Active Exercise class, you will receive a discount on your Center appointment during that week.

Scheduling: To schedule any of the above, or for more information, please call the Spring Forest Center at 952-593-5555.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Classes/Workshops

Spring Forest currently offers four levels of classes/workshops through Normandale Community College in Bloomington, Minnesota: Level I for health, Level II for healing, Level III for advanced energy development and healing, and Level IV for techniques for spiritual healing and even more advanced ways to collect energy.

Conferences, Retreats, and Workshops

Conferences, retreats, and workshops are scheduled throughout the year. Keep an eye on our web site (or this newsletter!) for announcements.

Thank You!

Thank you for your interest in Spring Forest Qigong. We hope you will join us in our vision, and we look forward to supporting you in helping to create "a healer in every family and a world without pain."

If this newsletter has reached you in error, please scroll down to the "SafeUnsubscribe" link at the bottom of the page and you will be immediately taken off our list.

Spring Forest Qigong Center

7520 Market Place Drive

Eden Prairie, Minnesota 55344

952-593-5555

No I didn't take classes, and yeah I did get the e-newsletter. Very helpful the info about the reverse breathing. I had been pulling the belly in too much and not relaxing enough as a consequence. Anyway I've been doing the Level 1 course (both active and sitting exercises) almost every day now for the past couple months, and just got Level 2 in the mail today. Making progress!

patrick brown, who are you to tell who is enlightened and who isn't? maybe it's just me but you come off as some textbook spiritualist who really knows nothing.

Most of my understanding is based on experience although I have read books in the past, like fifteen years ago. Overly conceptualising, what simply is, can become a stumbling block which is why I tend to post a lot of pictures. Concepts can of course be useful but the growth of the individual shouldn't be limited by them.

As for drew and his tetrahedron/s and full lotus, yes although I figure it depends on whether you want to pass through the gateway or become the gateway! The cyclical of eternal manifestations perceived through sacred geometry consists of more than tetrahedrons and cubes. The symbolism in the pic below speaks volumes for those that can see it. I could conceptualise it but that kind of defeats the reason for it's creation.

Samantabhadra4.jpg

Edited by Patrick Brown

You'd need to be in full-lotus. If you're standing and doing reverse breathing then it would be preliminary climaxes -- the mutual climax in full-lotus is real. You lose some preseminal fluid but the rest goes up the back. The female will suck up your electromagnetic fields from your PINEAL GLAND -- so you should be able to "flex" your pineal gland at will and then this activates your vagus nerve. That's how you shoot the energy at the females. If you're in full-lotus you ALSO suck up their electrochemical energy and you shoot out the electromagnetic energy automatically. There will be a magnetic field which is sort of like STRONG sexual tension -- and then there will be an alignment of your bodies -- so that the female can better suck up the electromagnetic energy. When the mutual climax happens the vagus nerve will stop pulsating and her body language will express the same climax that you just had. Then as you continue in full-lotus the energy builds again for another climax. Each climax comes faster and builds up STRONGER electromagnetic fields. So usually 3 climaxes are good per female -- the two preliminary and the one real. If it's just a passing encounter than maybe just one or two preliminary. But it depends on how strong THEIR electrochemical energy is -- and how open their channels are plus how strong your electromagnetic energy is. Sometimes there are 5 climaxes and sometimes even 7 but that's rare in public -- and that also opens up the heart chakra very well. So those two levels constantly change but the full-lotus just keeps the energy flowing which is based on the FORMLESS AWARENESS -- the source of the energy.

Have fun.

Thanks for the tips. I actually do the reverse breathing only during the SFQ active exercises & small universe meditations... so not trying to have climaxes or mutual climaxes. It's just part of the practice. I might try the "O at a D" thing some day but for now, I'm just focusing on SFQ. I have experienced strange "energy exchanges" with females since getting into qigong (not just SFQ) though... no climaxes on my part but have seen some pretty outrageous behavior! For example one girl locked eyes with me as we approached each other on the sidewalk, and as we continued walking, neither of us breaking eye contact, at the point we were nearly side by side, her head jolted forward and she let out a loud moan! It definitely looked like a climax, but I experienced nothing internally. No sucking of electromagnetic energy or anything like that :lol: I have no idea if things like that fit in to your electromagnetic/electrochemical energy exchange model.

the sorcerers apprentice has arrived! soon non contact mutual orgasms will be the new cocaine or whatever the kids are doing these days. swarms of lotus' sitting up a riot.

i love it this website is like a soap opera so many characters around.

I agree with you Janus. I think this board is very superstitious and "conservative". I understand the counter-argument that doing things that Drew does will attract "negative entities" or whatever. I just don't believe it. I accept the possibility that I could be wrong. Bottom line is I'd need more evidence than people writing online. Same applies to what Drew says. Of course, I tend to believe him because I've experienced "similar" things like what I wrote earlier.

Now, to be clear Janus, things like what I described in my last post do not happen often. But I will keep you posted if anything new happens. And again, I'm not even sure if they fit in to the same model he uses to describe the energy exchange. I do not believe his model is the only valid one, though it seems to be valid for him. For me, there is no "sucking" of energy. The whole thing seems to revolve around the eye contact. It's like the eye contact builds an energetic connection which simply gets so intense that there needs to be a "release." Most of the time, there's just long gazes. But like I said, once in awhile something crazy will happen like the girl will moan or touch her erogenous zones, etc.

I can only get into full lotus for a few minutes at a time, and I wouldn't try it in public simply because it takes so much concentration and breathing. Maybe some day when it's more comfortable I'll give the O at a D a try :lol:

Not been here long but here is my attempt at a balanced persepective on this. I think people's motives for commenting on someone's actions generally fall into these categories:

1: compassion

2: the need to feel superior

3: a combination of both

4: whimsical spur of the moment fun

i think in this forum its generally 3. There is a tendenancy amongst people who have started to acquire any kind of power (whether it be in an energy practise or any other field) to develop a slight superiority complex, I think particularly when experiencing things outside most people's day to day perception. Because we have experienced something and acquired a degree of understanding we know what the other person is experiencing and what is best for them.

I don't reckon anyone disbelives Drew's experience, I think people are merely concerned about what it may do to him in the long run. And it is not the content of his experiences that is the main concern, but the way in which the vast majority of posts he writes are long and intricately detailed diatribes integrating his theories about full lotus and o's at a d's into any seemingly unrelated discussion on the forum. search and you will see. three pages of reasoned and fairly considered discussion (within internet forum limits of course! :lol: ) about say for example hindu mantras and wham, a page full of generally impenetrable, dense theoreitcal abstraction on bushmen, o's at a d's, full lotus, harmonics and pineal glands.

To the outside observer this could appear as an unhealthy fixation. i think that is why people spoke up, not to be nasty.

On the other hand I can totally understand why he promotes Spring Forest so much. it is a phenomenal system and Chunyi Lin is one of the loveliest humans I've encountered. Whatever I think of Drews current practises, I think he has his heart in the right place and his honestly trying to share things that make him happy. :)

I think the real problem here with the reactions it provokes is the human tendency to assert ourselves before we are honest to ourselves about why we are actually doing it. Like me here, getting all caught up in being reasonable. :) Anyway I hope Drew and everyone here finds something that makes them healthy and fulfilled. i'm going before i get all peace and love and get on my own nerves

emily :)

Edited by emily

Not been here long but here is my attempt at a balanced persepective on this. I think people's motives for commenting on someone's actions generally fall into these categories:

1: compassion

2: the need to feel superior

3: a combination of both

4: whimsical spur of the moment fun

Why not combination of 1,2 and 4? I like that one.

On the other hand I can totally understand why he promotes Spring Forest so much. it is a phenomenal system

Yeah I liked it also.

I think he has his heart in the right place and his honestly trying to share things that make him happy. :)

Right, I don't think anyone thinks otherwise about his heart. His head on the other hand... :lol:

But then, it's hard to say over the internet, just by reading some written stuff.

Like me here, getting all caught up in being reasonable. :) Anyway I hope Drew and everyone here finds something that makes them healthy and fulfilled. i'm going before i get all peace and love and get on my own nerves

Awww, now you made me feel all cudly. :)

Why not combination of 1,2 and 4? I like that one.

yeah you do have a point there!

Again I totally agree with Janus just said...

And Emily,

And it is not the content of his experiences that is the main concern, but the way in which the vast majority of posts he writes are long and intricately detailed diatribes integrating his theories about full lotus and o's at a d's into any seemingly unrelated discussion on the forum.

But that's what makes it so entertaining. I think he's said before that he's just having fun. It sort of makes a mockery of the seriousness that goes on in forums. And it's hilarious to watch it tease out people's insecurities by their condescending reactions. And I agree Emily, Chunyi Lin is awesome. I think his whole approach to energy healing (in SFQ Level II) makes sense. It's a good framework of general guidelines without strict rules. And the emphasis on the underlying compassion being MORE important than the techniques themselves also agrees with everything I've read by Lynne McTaggart & Gregg Braden about energy healing, faith healing, etc.

So Janus, on the topic of divulging more strange experiences... I've also found that strange interactions can happen with males as well. For example, a few weeks ago there was a 1 or 2 day period where males walking by me would seem to be mentally "asking" me to make eye contact with them. Of course I can't prove this is what they were doing, but each time I would "answer" them by looking at them. One guy I looked at and immediately he says "thank you" and did a hand gesture like he was tossing me something (energy? I didn't feel anything so who knows). When I lived in a small town with a lot of religious people, I found that big carnivore-redneck-type guys (like twice my size) would make gestures to me like they were holding their penises. At first I thought this was their way of trying to intimidate me by psychically saying "I bet my dick is bigger than yours, little man!" But my intuition eventually told me that the reality was that I made them somehow feel insecure (this was confirmed by one of them blowing up at me in rage at my old work over something extremely trivial, getting in my face, to which I responded by calmly looking up at him towering over me while scratching my chin and saying, "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?" to which he responded by shuffling off and mumbling to himself. Later on, he would STEP OUT OF MY WAY when I would walk by.) Anyway, I think the REAL message behind the penis-holding gesture was "I feel insecure around you, so let's have a pissing contest to bring you down to my level of simple-mindedness." The reason for this is that one time the same big angry guy as before (he worked in the meat department, ate the Atkins diet, was angry all the time, big surprise), walked by me, did the penis-holding gesture, and actually made a "shhhhh" sound like he was going to the bathroom. He wasn't the only one who did that gesture though. Thankfully I moved out of there and don't have to deal with that crap anymore! I always trusted that I had the ability to deal with that kind of energy but still it's nice to be away from it. And I totally agree, Janus, FAITH (trust) is essential. Chunyi Lin says that too. And you're right, it is good to share these experiences. Maybe they are more common than you'd think...