Sign in to follow this  
Wun Yuen Gong

Ganesha

WYG,

What's your reason for asking that there question? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Any obstacles you wanted removed? Hehem?

Xk

As said above, ganesha is the remover of obstacles along your spiritual journey. He is the son of Shiva whom cut his head off as a little boy since he never had seen him before. Thats why he has an elephants head because shiva had to go find the first animal and ask for its head for his son. There are Pujas you can do for him and reading certain vedic scripts help bring those qualities of consciousness into your being. There is also a ganesha yantra that you can do concentration type meditation on it also benefiting from the qualites of lord ganesh. He is also very friendy and loves to party and have good time.

He is the 1st deity you invoke to secure success and stability in tantric practices.

He is the ruler of the Earth Mandala & base Chakra and he is also the bringer of prosperity and abundance.

He is the remover of all Obstacles. Offer him Milk, sweets, coins, Incense , water, flowers, a nice place to reside.

He is a Sweet Deity if you pay attention to him otherwise he will knock you on your ass.

Hope this helps

[/b]Aum Gam Ganapatye Namah!

Aum Gam Ganapatye Namah!

Aum Gam Ganapatye Namah!

Aum Gam Ganapatye Namah!

Aum Gam Ganapatye Namah!

Aum Gam Ganapatye Namah!

Aum Gam Ganapatye Namah!

Aum Gam Ganapatye Namah!

Aum Gam Ganapatye Namah!

Aum Gam Ganapatye Namah!

Aum Gam Ganapatye Namah!

Aum Gam Ganapatye Namah!

Aum Gam Ganapatye Namah!

Aum Gam Ganapatye Namah!

Aum Gam Ganapatye Namah!

Aum Gam Ganapatye Namah!

Aum Gam Ganapatye Namah!

Aum Gam Ganapatye Namah!

Aum Gam Ganapatye Namah!

Aum Gam Ganapatye Namah!

:)

Peace

Santiago

Santiago has it down. Ganapati is an excellent deity to work with at the start of any tantric practice. Working in the Nath tradition, Ganesha is always invoked at the beginning of sadhana.

I've also experienced his energy as being in sync with Dzamballa from the tibetan tradition.

Jai Ganesha!

Santiago has it down. Ganapati is an excellent deity to work with at the start of any tantric practice. Working in the Nath tradition, Ganesha is always invoked at the beginning of sadhana.

I've also experienced his energy as being in sync with Dzamballa from the tibetan tradition.

Jai Ganesha!

Exactly : ) You got it!

DZAM!!!!!

Ganesha is the Lord of Muladhara Chakra, the base. It is the tradition in Shakta Tantra to master his mantra and perfect it before proceeding to awaken the Kundalini using a Shakti mantra. This is true with Shaktas.

However, there is a seperate sect of tantrics called Vainayakas who worship different forms of Ganesha in different chakras, starting with mahaganesh in muladhara and ucchishta ganesh in the crown.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sritattvanidh...rms_of_Ganapati

Clearing obstacles is one aspect of Ganesha. gan means group and this group here refers to the senses and control over the senses is the ultimate fruit of his worship. Above all that, this dude has a very loving and powerful presence.

Edited by SiliconValley

Clearing obstacles is one aspect of Ganesha. gan means group and this group here refers to the senses and control over the senses is the ultimate fruit of his worship.

Pathi=Lord, yes! Actually that seems to make sense if He is each human CNS, with it's elphants head and trunk. In what else dwells the power to control the senses? I did not know about the Vainayakas, and the 7 Ganesh chakras. I had tried a kind of meditation where I visualised on seperate occaisons in the anahata (heart), and muladhara (base) chakras, where upon He sat upon the yantra and seed syllable of that chakra and then visualised the yantra 3D around the body of the Ganesh, the outer square with four gates being the fortress platform, wherein the center is a beautful 12 petaled lotus vibrating with 12 seed syllables, and upon a moon disk is the hexagram, and around Ganesh is the merkaba star, and in his heart flames the Gam bija, he rides his vahana of rat, he holds his modaka sweet, and other hand in chin mudra, and his other two hands holding aloft respectively, a goad and noose. His splenderous golden crown is bejeweled, while his third eye is decorated with an aum, and an auspicous vermillion swastika adorns his trunk. One recites the mantra with devotion to the Ruler of the senses, the bestower of all superphysical and supernormal powers, the ultimate liberator, and message deliverer, lord of Dharma, and before you are all enemies, all spirits, souls in need of divine intervention. The mantra swirls in the mind centered in the heart, around the gam bija, and mental offerings of milk, ghee, sugar, honey, yogurt, all five nectars, water, are poured onto his head. His third eye and trunk are painted with sandalwood paste, enlivened with vermillion. Betel leaves, incense, a lamp, burning camphore, fly whisk and fan, all manner of delicacies and sweets, flowers, fruits, are offered to the presence of Ganesha in mentally your heart and to the hearts of all beings, each mantra an offering into the Presence of Ganesha indewelling within the yantra. The light radiates from the heart to all beings as an infinite cascade of Gams seed syllables, and then returns magnefied as you continuously chant upon the mala.

Xienkula,

That meditation sounds wicked and alittle complicated as i dont fully work with indian spiritual paths aka chakras etc. Be interesting to see this on youtube so i could get a better visual of the meanings of what you mentioned.

regards

WYG

Pathi=Lord, yes! Actually that seems to make sense if He is each human CNS, with it's elphants head and trunk. In what else dwells the power to control the senses? I did not know about the Vainayakas, and the 7 Ganesh chakras. I had tried a kind of meditation where I visualised on seperate occaisons in the anahata (heart), and muladhara (base) chakras, where upon He sat upon the yantra and seed syllable of that chakra and then visualised the yantra 3D around the body of the Ganesh, the outer square with four gates being the fortress platform, wherein the center is a beautful 12 petaled lotus vibrating with 12 seed syllables, and upon a moon disk is the hexagram, and around Ganesh is the merkaba star, and in his heart flames the Gam bija, he rides his vahana of rat, he holds his modaka sweet, and other hand in chin mudra, and his other two hands holding aloft respectively, a goad and noose. His splenderous golden crown is bejeweled, while his third eye is decorated with an aum, and an auspicous vermillion swastika adorns his trunk. One recites the mantra with devotion to the Ruler of the senses, the bestower of all superphysical and supernormal powers, the ultimate liberator, and message deliverer, lord of Dharma, and before you are all enemies, all spirits, souls in need of divine intervention. The mantra swirls in the mind centered in the heart, around the gam bija, and mental offerings of milk, ghee, sugar, honey, yogurt, all five nectars, water, are poured onto his head. His third eye and trunk are painted with sandalwood paste, enlivened with vermillion. Betel leaves, incense, a lamp, burning camphore, fly whisk and fan, all manner of delicacies and sweets, flowers, fruits, are offered to the presence of Ganesha in mentally your heart and to the hearts of all beings, each mantra an offering into the Presence of Ganesha indewelling within the yantra. The light radiates from the heart to all beings as an infinite cascade of Gams seed syllables, and then returns magnefied as you continuously chant upon the mala.

Beautiful vizualizaton ...

This is Great and on the money! : )

AUM GAM GANAPATYE NAMAH!

Avishkara with him is an amazing practice.

I had a dream once, many years ago:

A golden baby Ganesha came to me and told me I'd be visted with a difficult practice soon. Then I gave the baby Ganesha a bath and the bath water turned to milk.

The next day, I took a trip with my lover to Venice beach for the first time. An Indian man was selling images og Lord Ganesha, and one image was a golden baby Ganesha dancing. I bought it, took it home, and gave it a bath in milk. I thought that was all.

A week or two later, my lover discovered she was pregnant. At first I was very happy, but then she decided to abort the baby. At first I tried to be supportive, but in my heart, I really wanted the baby. My lover chose to go through with the abortion anyway, we seperated, and I was left without a home.

I was wandering through a book store feeling quite destitute, and I remembered my dream. I thought, "What did that dream mean? Surely that baby Ganesha didn't mean to hurt me with his news. Surely he meant to help me, he is a loving god isn't he?" At that moment I saw a book on the shelf entitled "Loving Ganesh."

I overcame that troubling time, and a practice I learned from that book was to chant the following:

"Om Shri Ganesha ya Namha"

I would do this using a mala, 108 times, after sitting zazen, so that my mind would be very quiet and clear.

Thank you for allowing me to share this story.

.. Ganesh?

All good info, however some of the simpler things were skipped... altar basics that can be applied with any deity:

1. Get an image, statue or other art work.

2. Make some offering. Fruit or water is simplest.

3. any/all of: Ring a bell, light incense, light candle. When you light the candle, wave it back and forth before setting it down.

4. deity-specific mantra, if you've got it.

5. Be there. Just be there, openly, quietly, meditatively, with your attention in your own center and toward the deity, both. Just be there. Be there for whatever happens, or doesn't happen.

p.s. Some time at least some hours later, eat/drink the water/fruit.

p.s. Some time at least some hours later, eat/drink the water/fruit.
Or alternatively since it's no longer yours as it's been offered to a deity the water and fruit can be left outside for wild animals to eat. This gives the creatures and the earth a blessing from your practice and gives you merit (if you're into that).

One way of blessing water for drinking can be made by reciting the mantra of the deity, say a couple of rounds of a mala, and then blowing on the water.

Edited by rex

5. Be there. Just be there, openly, quietly, meditatively, with your attention in your own center and toward the deity, both. Just be there. Be there for whatever happens, or doesn't happen.

A little more on this...

My experience is that deity yoga has similarity to guru yoga, in that - basically - you have a being in the room who is fluent in enlightened being and much of the process is simply to be in their presence and get a body-to-body learning experience, simply by proximity. The student's job is to be quiet, be still, be attentive, be open. The Teacher shows up, extraordinary things happen that are usually not understood by the student (nor expected to be understood). However, the body receives, and experience adds up over time.

So, whatever 'doings' you choose to do, leave appropriate room for just being. It's important.

Be there. Just be there, openly, quietly, meditatively, with your attention in your own center and toward the deity, both. Just be there. Be there for whatever happens, or doesn't happen.

A little more on this...

My experience is that deity yoga has similarity to guru yoga, in that - basically - you have a being in the room who is fluent in enlightened being and much of the process is simply to be in their presence and get a body-to-body learning experience, simply by proximity. The student's job is to be quiet, be still, be attentive, be open. The Teacher shows up, extraordinary things happen that are usually not understood by the student (nor expected to be understood). However, the body receives, and experience adds up over time.

So, whatever 'doings' you choose to do, leave appropriate room for just being. It's important.

Beautiful posts.

Gloria

• Like 1

Be there. Just be there, openly, quietly, meditatively, with your attention in your own center and toward the deity, both. Just be there. Be there for whatever happens, or doesn't happen.

Excellent post Trunk.

a little addition:

Mixing in a little of the tradition from Rudi, run the orbit pulling in the blessing energy via the Ajna chakra and circulate.

Sorry to hear that it didnt work out with the Baby, great dream do you or did you study about Ganesh before the dream?

I had seen his image before, but that's it. There were many synchronicities occuring around that event that seemed pretty directly linked to Sri Ganesha. I was experiencing major upheavals in addition to the story I shared. Perhaps I attracted his attention?

At any rate his theology was certainly spot on for what I was going through. I had my head cut-off and a more mature, wise one put in it's place. He's really quite special to come into my life unbidden like that. I'm not even a Shivite!

I had my head cut-off and a more mature, wise one put in it's place. He's really quite special to come into my life unbidden like that. I'm not even a Shivite

He can appear as grace unbidden as He is unconstrained and transcended. Be there yes, and it may boad well to be there with pure devotion. Perhaps approach as not doing, and simple opening and FEELING, then let go. if you can't, you can always pray that obstacles be removed such that you can.

Edited by Xienkula1

Painfull story, it hurts. Im sure its no coincidence you had that dream and found out about Ganesha.

Good luck.

Sign in to follow this