idiot_stimpy

Alien encounters during dream

4 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Nor am I inferring it was one way or the other /

That has nothing to do with what I am  inferring.

Look at the picture  ( I cant post pics from web on this site today, for some reason ., it wont allow them )

and consider when it was drawn , the subject matter of this thread and when 'grey aliens' first appeared in the modern records .

I've seen the shadowing that makes it look like the popular grey alien image.

Honestly, I don't believe this shadow overlay implies anything real

Posted (edited)

Dreaming has always been an essential, core aspect of my experience of being a localized self in awareness.  I find the revelations afforded through dream contact/experience to be endlessly useful and fascinating.  Thanks for the enticing topic!

My first memory in this life was a dream so intense, it induced an obe.  I was three or four when it occured and it's impacted my approach to consciousness my entire life, shaping my exploration of consciousness, shamanic trance, the nature of lucidity in awareness and trance in waking life/dreaming/liminal awareness. 

Dreams are capable of revealing so much of our true nature in my experience and they've always been as vital, impacting and rich as waking life, and in many cases, far more so. 

As for encounters with aliens as I sense is implied in the original post (Greys, Pleiadians, etc) are rather rare for mea handful... but if by alien you also imply entities from alternate frequencies/dimensions/shadow beings/alternate planes/ascended masters, and being encountered including open eyed and full hypnogogic visions and waking dreams then encounters abound. 

I made a habit of keeping journals for dreams and though some have been lost, the act of writing them down often results in cementing them for long term recall.  There are myriad encounters that were seemingly with fully autonomous and seperate awarenesses and many have transpired over the five decades of my life with recurring visits. 

Really enjoying the topic and although so far nothing's risen up to the foreground to share now, perhaps I'll revisit one of the hypnogogic encounters when I have some time.

Cheers all for sharing... the topic is incredibly vital and fascinating to me.

Edited by silent thunder
clarity
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Taomeow said:

I guess this leaves all of us taoists out in the cold, along with thousands of years of our  40/40/20 realization.  (40% predetermined/40% free will/20% left to chance). 

My experience is that wu wei and alignment go hand in hand with no-self. Even Advaita has the no-doer insight, which is also familiar. Anyone who has meditated until their technique drops away and the mind is quiet can see what no-self is. Free will requires someone to own it. No-self, no free will. Just my opinion. 

8 hours ago, Nungali said:

Have a look at   the drawing of the spirit 'LAM'   by Crowley who claimed to have contacted it .

;)

That's fun! Looks sort of like a version of himself too though. 

Aleister_Crowley.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, snowymountains said:

I've seen the shadowing that makes it look like the popular grey alien image.

Honestly, I don't believe this shadow overlay implies anything real

I think  the 'shadowing'  isnt needed to make the connection , it does make it look MORE like it though . 

I dont understand what  you mean by 'shadow overlay implies anything real '  ????

- look at it this way ;   when did these images or ideas about (forget 'greys' or whatever )  'swell headed' aliens  start to appear ?  Could Crowley have copied  Whitley Strieber ? I dont think so .

But what about the other way around ?

A vague timeline seems to be ; H. G. Wells  ( ?  1864, 1887)   , Crowley , Barney Hill 1961  ( another case of 'hypnotic regression '  ;) ),  The 'Outer Limits'  - early 60s   , various people  , Strieber  ... then everyone else .

16 hours ago, stirling said:

That's fun! Looks sort of like a version of himself too though. 

Aleister_Crowley.jpg

:D    Nothing like it .

BUT

Crowley ;  "  Whoa !  Look at that spirit with the big head ! "

Harris ; " Oh , silly Beast ... I told you not to come to the carnival  with us while you are tripping  on your home made cactus juice .... we are in the 'hall of mirrors ' . "

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Many could lucidly argue that it was a version of him... or an aspect.

I am sure he read H.G. Wells   ;)

• Like 1

In case some dont realize - Wells '   concept came from the idea that the 'big heads ' where future evolved humans - he assumed our big heads ( brains ) where the cause of our advancement ... so' naturally'  the more we advance  the bigger the brain gets  :)  .

Maybe the story caused an image and that lodged in Crowley's brain .

I remember once, during an 'Enochian pyramid trip' I ended up , very vividly on a strange desert planet  having a very interesting lucid conversation with a VERY strange looking alien , it was an interesting and revealing conversation .  Later , on review in normal consciousness  (an essential part of the process ) I realized said alien had a form just like a character from  a Daffy Duck cartoon I watched when I must have been about 10 years old   :D 

Still ,  its message had some relevance .

( and just before anyone starts up going  ; it was from your unconscious  ... I dont care , alien or unconscious or  whatever , it worked  and was relevant  and increased my understanding . )

• Thanks 1

The anitquated yet mildly quaintand laughable 19th century ceramic model notion that brains are responsible for awareness and consciousness, so the bigger the brain the more awareness... :D:rolleyes::P:lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, silent thunder said:

The anitquated yet mildly quaintand laughable 19th century ceramic model notion that brains are responsible for awareness and consciousness, so the bigger the brain the more awareness... :D:rolleyes::P:lol:

To whit:

It is commonplace nowadays to equate the mind with the brain, or to insist that the mind is nothing more than a function of the brain. But this is merely a metaphysical belief that has never been validated through scientific research. While the mind and brain are clearly correlated in precise ways that have been revealed through advances in cognitive neuroscience, the exact nature of those correlations remains a mystery. This mystery, however, is veiled by the illusion of knowledge that the mind-body problem has already been solved. But, while all other branches of modern science have focused on the direct observation of the natural phenomena they seek to understand, the cognitive sciences have insisted on avoiding such direct observation of mental phenomena. The simple reason for this choice is that subjectively experienced mental processes and states of consciousness do not fit within the materialist paradigm that has dominated science since the beginning of the 20th century. - B. Allan Wallace, Six Questions for B. Allan Wallace

https://tricycle.org/article/six-questions-b-alan-wallace/

• Like 3

Yup the materialist paradigm of last century's ceramic model is melting in the face of awakening.

Donald Hoffman, Bernardo Kastrup, Iain McGuilcrest just off the top of my head are all making strides through scientific method and mathematical modeling to present consciousness/awareness as the baseline of reality.

Idealism is alive and well and what twenty years ago would be disastrous for your career in Neurochemistry, Physics, Neurobiology is becoming the frontier of exciting developments and is gaining traction as fantastic minds grapple with the basic premise of the nature of reality.

• Like 3

On 07/03/2024 at 9:40 AM, Cobie said:

“Cro Magnon skull shows that our brains have shrunk”  :lol:

https://phys.org/news/2010-03-cro-magnon-skull-brains-shrunk.html   

I enjoyed ' Galapagos' by the late great  Kurt Vonnegut .  He talked about how humans had  suffered so much from a giant swollen organ ..... the brain .  After the collapse of civilisation and many millennia , the  last surviving humans (after a lot of 'evolution' - now their 'advanced' technology had gone and evolution  had a chance ) settled on Galapagos islands , with brains shrunk to the normal size  (like other animals ) and the development of 'flipper' like hands  ( 'nubbins' ) the human race finally found happiness .   :)

• Thanks 1

Classical Chinese medicine's zang-fu theory classifies organs into 5 "full" (zang), 6 "hollow" (fu), and 6 "miscellaneous and curious."  The Brain is in that latter category.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Curious is a good description:

IMG-0809.jpg

IMG-0810.jpg

Crab Nebula

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

Curious is a good description:

Especially for those with a 'cat brain '    ;) 

• Like 1