Chang dao ling

Heat during meditation

13 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

I am getting extreme heat during meditation in the evening. I am not getting heat during morning meditation why?

Was there a difference in the environment  temperature between morning and evening?

• Like 1

Liver Yang rising caused by Kidney Yin deficiency. I suggest you seeing a TCM practitioner with herbal qualifications in order to flush your system from excess heat. If you regularly stay up late this will exacerbate the problem, which itself was caused by lifestyle habits like study, work, computer use, partying, etc. during the late night, wee hours and right up to sunrise.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

Are you eating before doing your morning meditation?

No. I drink little water. I get heat in the evening 

Edited by Chang dao ling

9 hours ago, ChiDragon said:

Was there a difference in the environment  temperature between morning and evening?

No. Actually it is slightly cool in the evening. But i get heat during meditation. Once i open my eyes within few minutes heat vanish 

49 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Liver Yang rising caused by Kidney Yin deficiency. I suggest you seeing a TCM practitioner with herbal qualifications in order to flush your system from excess heat. If you regularly stay up late this will exacerbate the problem, which itself was caused by lifestyle habits like study, work, computer use, partying, etc. during the late night, wee hours and right up to sunrise.

Thank you very much 🙏. I sleep at 10 wake up at 7 

9 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

No. I drink little water. I get heat in the evening 

That’s why then. When you meditate (especially lower dantien meditation) you are converting jing from the food you eat into qi. Less jing to convert = less qi. Before I meditate in the morning I have some beef broth.

Edited by -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ-
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

That’s why then. When you meditate (especially lower dantien meditation) you are converting jing from the food you eat into qi. Less jing to convert = less qi. Before I meditate in the morning I have some broth.

Thanks for sharing intresting information. So good diet is important for chi cultivation?

37 minutes ago, Chang dao ling said:

Thanks for sharing intresting information. So good diet is important for chi cultivation?

Yes it is very important. Good diet and good health will give you the best results for qi cultivation. When you are sick or unhealthy your body is too busy using your jing and qi to heal instead of it being used for cultivation.

• Thanks 1

OK you are quiet during the Wood hours. But also check your:

1. Diet

2. Other Lifestyle factors: how much you think during the day as this indicates level of Wood activity and excess Wood leads to excessive Fire (Liver Yang rising); stress levels, living at full throttle which also lead to excessive Fire. 

3. Sexual activity 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

1. Diet

2. Other Lifestyle factors: how much you think during the day as this indicates level of Wood activity and excess Wood leads to excessive Fire (Liver Yang rising); stress levels, living at full throttle which also lead to excessive Fire. 

3. Sexual activity 

Thanks 

On 2/26/2024 at 3:40 PM, Gerard said:

When you say wood hours, are you talking about the organ clock?
Traditional Chinese Organ Body Clock: Lana Moshkovich, DACM, L.AC: Chinese  Medicine

20 minutes ago, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

Our esteemed master doesn’t know about the organ clock? My whole life has been a lie 

Who would have thunk. It's almost as if he didn't just search up the organ clock and post it in here to get clarification on the term "wood hours."

Also I no longer am The Esteemed Venerable Sovereign Master Solo Cultivator, I gave up on teaching and sharing my unique knowledge. 

Yes but also take into a/c the Lower Jiao time (Wood-Liver is active too as it's one of the organs involved), 11pm-midnight (not pictured). Basically from 11pm till sunrise and a few hours past that time Wood is still strong (basically around 9am).

This explains why Theravada Buddhist monks don't eat any solid meals until 10am to be safe as they obviously practice retention due to celibacy. 

• Thanks 3

Not only that but bear in mind what WOOD entails:

The main function of the liver is to regulate the movement of Qi within the 'body.' This regulatory function is essential for the physiological actions of all organ systems.

If this is the case that only means one thing:

Practice should be 24/7

One must learn to be calm all the time

Remember the nick of one of the three Taoist elders depicted in the book "Opening the Dragon Gate: The making of a modern Taoist wizard?"

The Master of Absolute Serenity

I wonder why? ;)

• Like 2

Possible the internal wind energies is causing some friction and resulting in heat. I would think heat during mediation is a good sign, as it can mean energy is moving. 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 12:22 AM, Chang dao ling said:

I am getting extreme heat during meditation in the evening. I am not getting heat during morning meditation why?

What kind of meditation are you doing?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Maddie said:

What kind of meditation are you doing?

Meditation on ajna chakra ( gentle focus on between eye brows)

22 hours ago, idiot_stimpy said:

Possible the internal wind energies is causing some friction and resulting in heat

Can you please elaborate on this?