1 minute ago, Jenn said:

The appropriate approach in the future is report the comment or explicitly say that the comment crossed a line and that it hurt you rather than lashing out.  Never attack someone's gender, it is not okay in any circumstance.  Had you responded by simply pointing out that you found the original comment offensive or reporting it this post, you would not see this backlash.  Someone threw a fork at you and your responded with a nuke.

Also this is a Daoism forum.  Discussing whether immorality is real or not, is what this forum is for and is an attack on your IDEA not on YOU personally.  An attack on someone's gender is an attack on THEM personally, not their IDEAs.  Personal attacks and prejudice have nothing to do with Daoism or this forum.  

say that to the Jews about their belief, I dare you.

Just now, Sleepy Bluejay said:

say you are sorry for disrespecting my belief in xian immortals..

I was asking why you believe these things to be true, and how can you know such a belief isn't delusion. I guess I've been in the scientific community for a while because these are not personally disrespectful questions, but questions simply asking a question to get an answer. There was no personal disrespect thought of or intended at all. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Maddie said:

No sorry it still sounds delusional. 

This is the comment.

1 minute ago, Maddie said:

I was asking why you believe these things to be true, and how can you know such a belief isn't delusion. I guess I've been in the scientific community for a while because these are not personally disrespectful questions, but questions simply asking a question to get an answer. There was no personal disrespect thought of or intended at all. 

If I should respect your belief in your gender, then why are you not respecting my belief in something more and possible not discovered by science, yet? What about the Yuga cycle, does that sounds delusional to you too? of course it does since you aren't a religious person. It is still a small but really rude remark you posted so casually.

46 minutes ago, Maddie said:

You just won't stop will you? I would encourage others to report Sleepy Bluejay for his blatant transphobia here. I will have no further discussion with a hateful bigot such as yourself.  

I would report Sleepy Bluejay but I'm sure it won't be necessary -- your report will be more than sufficient.  I used to be a mod and feel confident that they will take this seriously.  The least that will happen is that Sleepy Bluejay will be suspended and a ban wouldn't surprise me.  

There's a lot of love and support for you here on the forum, Maddie.  I hope you feel it.  You've doubtless had to deal with many "sleepy bluejays" in your life, online and perhaps in person too, but you strike me as a strong woman.  Don't let the occasional twittering bird get ya down.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

Jesus Christ, I tried to help but you keep digging yourself a deeper hole

I know, sorry but I refuse to say sorry when others think they aren't at fault for anything they did or said. Why should I be sorry when they aren't?

Just now, liminal_luke said:

I would report Sleepy Bluejay but I'm sure it won't be necessary -- your report will be more than sufficient.  I used to be a mod and feel confident that they will take this seriously.  The least that will happen is that Sleepy Bluejay will be suspended and a ban wouldn't surprise me.  

There's a lot of love and support for you here on the forum, Maddie.  I hope you feel it.  You've doubtless had to deal with many "sleepy bluejays" in your life, online and perhaps in person so, but you strike me as a strong woman.  Don't let the occasional twittering bird get ya down.

Thank you. Yes I can see that aside from him everyone else here is loving and supportive and yes that does help tremendously. And yes I have had to deal with far worse than this child. :-) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

There's a lot of love and support for you here on the forum, Maddie.  I hope you feel it.  You've doubtless had to deal with many "sleepy bluejays" in your life, online and perhaps in person so, but you strike me as a strong woman.  Don't let the occasional twittering bird get ya down.

Oh please, her being trans doesn't make her immune to being a disrespectful jerk that need to learn some respect for others belief. Her belief in what her souls gender is, is no different than any others belief about the soul.

Edited by Sleepy Bluejay
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sleepy Bluejay said:

Oh please, her being trans doesn't make her immune to being a disrespectful jerk that need to learn some respect for others belief. Her belief in what her souls gender is, is no different than any others belief about the soul.

If you are so sure of your beliefs and practice then why get so upset when someone calls you delusional? If you are right then it doesn’t matter what others say. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

If you are so sure of your beliefs and practice then why get so upset when someone calls you delusional? If you are right then it doesn’t matter what others say. 

True, but as you can see, she is not apologizing so neither am I.

3 hours ago, Maddie said:

No sorry it still sounds delusional. 

I said, It the view point sounds delusional

NOT

you sound delusional

words matter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

But what was the need to insult her personally? She didn’t direct any insults directed to you specifically. She just made a general statement.

a statement she could have kept to herself.

Edited by Sleepy Bluejay
grammar

Just now, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

Couldn’t you have been the better person and not insult her though?

If everyone is a better person every time she does this, how will that grown ass adult ever learn not to disrespect others when she cannot handle it herself?

23 minutes ago, Maddie said:

I'm curious if you don't mind sharing what happened?

not really, would be a book so you'd better read one of the books already written

point is

I used to be like you, at least what I read here from you.

you are a smart young lady that is very rational in the way she perceives the world, I was in academics too and that sharpens the mind to work like that. That's a good quality but it's not all there is.

ehm, you read the golden flower?

no matter, here's a link.https://thesecretofthegoldenflower.com/index.html

Its the most well known and reasonable accessible text

but when you read it many parts read like total hogwash, some of that is because its shrouded in terms, but another part turns out to be quite literal.

I started training before I did read anything, so when i read this for the first time

for instance chapter 3 paragraph 3

3. Only after concentrated work of a hundred days will the light be genuine, only then will it become spirit-fire. After a hundred days, from a point of real yang in the light, suddenly a millet pearl is born by itself, 

I have been aware of the birth of that milletpearl, had at the time no idea what happened until reading this, it's a very literal description. and there are more literal descriptions in that little book.

this one was a very clear recognition too, this is an exact description

chapter 6 paragraph 6

6.   , when one has entered the state of meditation, it is like one`s spirit is in a valley. When one hears someone else talking, it is as if one hears it from about half a kilometer away, yet clearly. It sounds like an echo in a valley. One definitely hears it and yet it is not oneself that hears it.

-----

but when you have not had those experiences you would regard the birth of a milletpearl as hogwash/ delusional.

being just as rational an animal as you are I was quite happy i had been training before I read this ( and other) books.

Neither is a story about a spirit in a valley especially elucidating.

there are some things you cannot learn with the rational mind, it needs to be set aside for awhile. Just like learning to ride a bike, you can know everything there is to know about riding a bike, about balance and vectors and such things.

but to learn it you have to climb on and put your body to work.

and after you've learned to ride that bike without even having hands on the handlebars

you cannot explain to someone how you do it

thus is it with cultivation, the only way to find out is to do the practice and to empty the mind

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Sleepy Bluejay said:

again, when will I get my apology @Maddie.

if you are so mature.

Wow.

You think you can casually toss out gender bias and bullying, then ask for a freaking apology?

We do not tolerate that trash here.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sleepy Bluejay said:

again, when will I get my apology @Maddie.

if you are so mature.

I'll think about that.... ;-)

IMG20240202140240~2.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

not really, would be a book so you'd better read one of the books already written

point is

I used to be like you, at least what I read here from you.

you are a smart young lady that is very rational in the way she perceives the world, I was in academics too and that sharpens the mind to work like that. That's a good quality but it's not all there is.

ehm, you read the golden flower?

no matter, here's a link.https://thesecretofthegoldenflower.com/index.html

Its the most well known and reasonable accessible text

but when you read it many parts read like total hogwash, some of that is because its shrouded in terms, but another part turns out to be quite literal.

I started training before I did read anything, so when i read this for the first time

for instance chapter 3 paragraph 3

3. Only after concentrated work of a hundred days will the light be genuine, only then will it become spirit-fire. After a hundred days, from a point of real yang in the light, suddenly a millet pearl is born by itself, 

I have been aware of the birth of that milletpearl, had at the time no idea what happened until reading this, it's a very literal description. and there are more literal descriptions in that little book.

this one was a very clear recognition too, this is an exact description

chapter 6 paragraph 6

6.   , when one has entered the state of meditation, it is like one`s spirit is in a valley. When one hears someone else talking, it is as if one hears it from about half a kilometer away, yet clearly. It sounds like an echo in a valley. One definitely hears it and yet it is not oneself that hears it.

-----

but when you have not had those experiences you would regard the birth of a milletpearl as hogwash/ delusional.

being just as rational an animal as you are I was quite happy i had been training before I read this ( and other) books.

Neither is a story about a spirit in a valley especially elucidating.

there are some things you cannot learn with the rational mind, it needs to be set aside for awhile. Just like learning to ride a bike, you can know everything there is to know about riding a bike, about balance and vectors and such things.

but to learn it you have to climb on and put your body to work.

and after you've learned to ride that bike without even having hands on the handlebars

thus is it with cultivation, the only way to find out is to do the practice and to empty the mind

And so far all I have gotten is that you all are making a mockery of religions and others occult belief but still have the audacity to have a "General discussion" containing religions.

6 minutes ago, Maddie said:

I'll think about that.... ;-)

IMG20240202140240~2.jpg

So mature of you and not giving stranger danger vibes at all <3

remember folks, she is over 40.

Edited by Sleepy Bluejay
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

I started training before I did read anything,

there are some things you cannot learn with the rational mind, it needs to be set aside for a while.

Everything you said is spot on, but I would like highlight these points specifically. This is advice that everyone new to cultivation should follow.

• Like 1

Remember to delete my account after banning because I will be back if you don't. And I will call all of you trashy people out every time you try to play it cute <3

• Sad 1