Chang dao ling

LDT Breathing techniques

Hi, which is the best breathing method to fill lower dantian? 

Natural abdominal breathing or riverse abdominal breathing? Which is safe to practice without a teacher?

Posted (edited)

Hi, both are safe to practice without a teacher. You should start with natural abdominal breathing. I could give you the special instructions to begin with. You must follow this instructions, so you won't suffocate yourself and breathe smoothly until your breath is deep down to your abdomen. BTW. I had written the instructions here many times already. I had practiced for years. It gives me an excellent health. The reverse breathing comes after you are familiar with the normal abdominal breathing. I will put the instructions in my PPD.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

Hi, which is the best breathing method to fill lower dantian? 

Natural abdominal breathing or riverse abdominal breathing? Which is safe to practice without a teacher?

Depends on the practice. I suggest you stick to natural abdominal breathing first unless your teacher specifically says that reverse abdominal breathing is needed for a particular practice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, f-man said:

When chi can move free fairly enough anywhere, every direction, and can form connections between different parts of body,

You are talking about Microcosmic orbit? How I can reach Microcosmic orbit stage without breathing techniques and meditation?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Chang dao ling said:

You are talking about Microcosmic orbit? How I can reach Microcosmic orbit stage without breathing techniques and meditation?

36 minutes ago, Chang dao ling said:

2 hours ago, f-man said:

Breathing techniques and meditation are needed ofcourse, they are built before. Then "play" with chi, Then build dantian, then microcosmic orbit. It's far more advanced.

Exactly so why recommend this to a newbie?

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 1/4/2024 at 8:10 PM, MBZ said:

Exactly so why recommend this to a newbie?

Edited by f-man
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 04/01/2024 at 4:24 PM, f-man said:

Breathing techniques … are needed ofcourse …

There really is no “of course” to that. I think breathing techniques are at best a waste of time, most often counterproductive. 

Edited by Cobie
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Cobie said:

There really is no “of course” to that. I think breathing techniques are at best a waste of time, most often counterproductive. 

Breathing is the most important part of meditation, especially LDT practices. Without proper breathing you are just wasting your time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 1/4/2024 at 9:16 PM, Cobie said:

Edited by f-man

3 hours ago, f-man said:

What am I recommending here?

Just to be clear

I may have misunderstood you. I thought you were recommending the microcosmic orbit. 🙏🏻

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 1/4/2024 at 11:45 PM, MBZ said:

I may have misunderstood you. I thought you were recommending the microcosmic orbit. 🙏🏻

Edited by f-man
  • Haha 1

Just recently I've become interesting again in looking into breathing techniques. I just feel that there are so many out there its a bit difficult to make sense of them all.

18 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Just recently I've become interesting again in looking into breathing techniques. I just feel that there are so many out there its a bit difficult to make sense of them all.

Really depends on what you are trying to achieve and what practice you are doing. For anything LDT related definitely Taoist lower abdomen breathing through the nose (can do reverse breathing for more advanced practices if required but stick with regular breathing for basic practices). 

But if anything has focus on higher parts of the body or it’s not a Taoist practice then maybe different breathing techniques are better. 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2024 at 12:32 PM, Pak_Satrio said:

reverse abdominal breathing is needed for a particular practice.

I believe that all martial artists use reverse abdominal breathing. It will make the person to be the most powerful at the moment. It will help one to exert most of the muscle power. It can withstand a punch blow from the opponent. An experienced fighter will attack the abdomen of the opponent first. It will make the opponent loses it breath and lost all the power. The opponent will be at the weakest point at that moment.

• Wow 1

3 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Really depends on what you are trying to achieve and what practice you are doing. For anything LDT related definitely Taoist lower abdomen breathing through the nose (can do reverse breathing for more advanced practices if required but stick with regular breathing for basic practices). 

But if anything has focus on higher parts of the body or it’s not a Taoist practice then maybe different breathing techniques are better. 

So then what exactly is the purpose of LDT breathing exactly?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Maddie said:

So then what exactly is the purpose of LDT breathing exactly?

By practicing breathing techniques and meditation we store chi in lower dantian. Eventually we activate LDT. Which is very important foundation for neidan 

Edited by Chang dao ling
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

@Chang dao ling just wait until you learn from Rudi. Don’t waste time learning a bunch of techniques that you will have to give up in the future anyway. I already told you a method before, no need to keep on looking for more and more. 

Thanks 👍

6 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

can do reverse breathing for more advanced practices if required but stick with regular breathing for basic practices). 

I heard reverse breathing fill chi in lower dantian very quickly and activate lower dantian