2 minutes ago, JKJB said:

You would make a great politician the way you pick this, from a study full of statements saying Cinnabar in medicinal use is safe and well-tolerated.

Cinnabar-containing traditional medicines are generally relatively non-toxic at therapeutic doses. The correct preparation methods, appropriate doses, disease status, age and drug combinations are important factors impacting cinnabar toxicity (1, 8, 31).It should also be pointed out that the dose of cinnabar or mercury sulfide (1.0 g/kg) used in these studies is at least 100–500 times higher than human daily dose (i.e., 50 g/50 kg person, while allowable daily human oral dose is 0.1 – 0.5 g) 

Or maybe I have a degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine and we were taught how unsafe this substance is.You completely ignored the rest of the study that outlines how dangerous it is. I think you're a troll, and dangerous and I'm done responding to you. 

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

Its my understanding that the purpose of the lower dan tian starts out in the womb as part of the connection between the fetus and the mother where basic nutrients are delivered that are used for growth and maturation. It has both a physical component and an energetic component to it.  After birth the lower Dan tian continues to provide a powerful engine for growth and vitality for the toddler as the child grows retaining its spherical shape and function but changing to accept energy  directly from the child’s processes of eating, drinking and breathing. Once puberty is reached the structure of the lower Dan tian dissipates (loses its compactness and spherical shape)as Jing starts going directly to the sexual organs bypassing it.  It also dissipates as the result of changes in our gait, how we stand and our center of gravity as we mature. While it is still there in a dispersed state in normal adults it has lost its main functionality (and underlying need) as a focus for growth and maturation.

In some cultivation systems efforts are made to reverse this dissipation and bring it back to its more compact spherical shape of the child  so it can be used to support their internal process of change, analogous to how a toddler uses it to drive the growth and maturation process.  They may also  prefer the lower Dan tian because of the three well known ones it is the most durable with least risk of serious collateral damage to important organs like the heart or brain if it is heavily used as a platform for cultivation. 

What I wonder is if the Dan Tien is an actual objective "thing" that exists or if it is more of a subjective experiential thing felt?

9 minutes ago, Maddie said:

What I wonder is if the Dan Tien is an actual objective "thing" that exists or if it is more of a subjective experiential thing felt?

The Dan Tien is an actual objective "thing" that exists only in the mind of the beholder. Might as will make good use of it.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, ChiDragon said:

The Dan Tien is an actual objective "thing" that exists only in the mind of the beholder. Might as will make good use of it.

That's the literal definition of subjective lol. 

7 minutes ago, ChiDragon said:

The Dan Tien is an actual objective "thing" that exists only in the mind of the beholder …

That’s a contradiction in terms. 

Edited by Cobie

25 minutes ago, ChiDragon said:

The Dan Tien is an actual objective "thing" that exists only in the mind of the beholder.

I think you mean to say the energetic body is only part of one’s imagination, i.e. subjective.

Edited by Cobie

2 minutes ago, Cobie said:

I think you mean to say the energetic body is only part of your imagination, i.e. subjective.

Energetic body is a physical thing. Is your body imaginary?

Dan Tien as used by some Daoist, is an imaginary system. All such systems are mental constructs that can be discarded when the goal has been reached. 

“They are conceptual structures yet are phenomenologically based, since they tend to be located where human beings experience emotional and/or spiritual energy … there are a few centers which are found in all systems: lower belly or sexual center, heart, and in or near the crown of the head …”

https://hareesh.org/blog/2016/2/5/the-real-story-on-the-chakras 

:)

Edited by Cobie
  • Thanks 1

Dan Tian  is the abdomen. I am sorry that the Taoist called it Dan Tian to confuse the whole world. Dan Tian breathing is the same as abdominal breathing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, ChiDragon said:

Dan Tian  is the abdomen. I am sorry that the Taoist called it Dan Tian to confuse the whole world. Dan Tian breathing is the same as abdominal breathing.

Exactly. 

It’s the abdominal breathing that gives health/energy. :) 
But breathing must never be controlled/interfered with; only observed.

If ‘you’ get out of the way, the body will settle itself to abdominal breathing.

The body knows how to breath; ‘you’ do not. 

Edited by Cobie

1 minute ago, Pak_Satrio said:

This. It’s not a tiny point, it’s the entire lower abdomen area.

Yes, It is the whole circumference of the abdomen below the navel.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Cobie said:

It’s the abdominal breathing that gives health/energy. :) 
But breathing must never be controlled/interfered with; only observed.

If ‘you’ get out of the way, the body will settle itself to abdominal breathing.

The body knows how to breath; ‘you’ do not. 

Yes, however, you must observe the tu na(吐納) breathing procedure as laid out by the ancient Taoists.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ChiDragon said:

… you must observe the tu na(吐納) breathing procedure as laid out by the ancient Taoists.

Definitely not.

39 minutes ago, Cobie said:

… The body knows how to breath; ‘you’ do not. 

“you” here used as ‘any human being’, including the “ancient Taoists”. :)

Edited by Cobie

49 minutes ago, Cobie said:

The body knows how to breath; ‘you’ do not

If you don't know how to breathe, your body definitely don't. Why do people practice Chi Kung? It is because they had lost their ability to breathe normally. Chi Kung will help them to correct their bad breathing habits.

• Like 1

On 30/12/2023 at 10:29 PM, ChiDragon said:

I believe that is your understanding and opinion. I will not argue about that. I can only tell what it is, other than what it is not. Peace! (CD)  

image.jpeg.f433691a75c7bb2bc57c251e1f9d2fa4.jpeg

Edited by Cobie
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cobie said:

I believe that is your understanding and opinion. I will not argue about that. I can only tell what it is, other than what it is not. Peace! (CD)  :)

Likewise to you too. Cobie. Are you having fun? :D

• Thanks 1

Just now, ChiDragon said:

Likewise to you too. Cobie. Are you having fun? :D

Heaps, you’re the best! :D

Edited by Cobie
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Pak_Satrio said:

This. It’s not a tiny point, it’s the entire lower abdomen area.

Come on! You let out a secret worth of bazillion bucks like it was nothing! :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, senseless virtue said:

Come on! You let out a secret worth of bazillion bucks like it was nothing! :rolleyes:

Please don't worry, nobody will believe what it says. Everybody has a different definition of dan tian. Let them live with what they think that have! Peace! :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JKJB said:

People seem to mistake regular mecury from the form that is found in Red Cinnabar. Toxicity levels are very different as you can see here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2755212/ 

No, the reality is that people in the past, and as always, used cryptic words to conceal the real meaning. If you write a book that is spread/preserved publicly, you encrypt the content so only the right people (initiated in tradition) can fully benefit. Mercury, in alchemical texts, is not even a physical substance.

It is a test for a fool. Someone who stole the text would consume poison and die suffering instead of any benefit.
Sometimes you would simply waste time going the wrong path. Sometimes, authors can be ruthless. Understandably, in the past, thieves had their hands cut off.

All of the esoteric knowledge was encrypted. Tarot for example, was turned into a card game and then into a tool for reading future. Those applications of Tarot are even less adequate than using expensive smartphone device to hit nails into wood.

4 hours ago, JKJB said:

And no indeed it is not very easy to disperse and expell these larvaes and astral leeches, if it was so easy why is there written countless manuals of people who struggled with this in severity not to mention the many who are either unaware or succumb to the illnesses and sickness they bring about. Some are blessed with protection, and for them sure it is much easier others on the other hand are not so lucky to have special protection. 

Well, you don't have any real experience. I have written a research paper on astral larvae and how they are connected to various addictions and obsessions. It is always a difficult thing when you don't have much experience working with it.

For people without any abilities or skills in magic, there are exorcism rituals like in church, which can be quite effective and don't require the ingestion of any poisons.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Neirong said:

… Mercury, in alchemical texts, is not even a physical substance …

Exactly,  definitely not a physical substance.

Think chakra colours: mercury is silver-white; cinnabar is red-orange. 

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1