daoboy

Rudi Authentic Neigong

5 minutes ago, Partez said:

When a hypnotist "glues" a person's hands together, is it because there is a sticky "Qi" that they are activating?  Are they just imagining it?  Does imagination control "Qi"?  Who knows.

Psychokinesis can't be explained as a result of suggestion. So as far as I'm concerned that would be something extraordinary demanding reconsideration of the known laws of physics. And that might be where Chi comes in...

• Like 1

hypnosis is very easy to distinguish from "real qi. Because hypnosis is based on an verbal and visual suggestion. All it takes is  for a self-proclaimed qi zapper to silently  lay "hands on an unbiased test subject from behind, without any warning,  and try to zapp him.

Of course it would not work. And of course the zappers would never agree to such a test. Because it will reveal their zapping to be a self induced feeling by the patient not some kind of a miracle qi transfer. Quite boring actually. But it is quite funny when simpletons  get all cultish about an ordinary parlor trick like this. When they pay  thousands of bucks for it it is even funnier. ;)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

Psychokinesis can't be explained as a result of suggestion. So as far as I'm concerned that would be something extraordinary demanding reconsideration of the known laws of physics. And that might be where Chi comes in...

That's right.  So Rudi has demonstrated what he claims as influence over the physical, which cannot be produced by hypnosis, and I say the burden of proof is on him, certainly before I throw my money at one of his seminars.

That might sound harsh, but there are way too many frauds in this field not to be skeptical.  That said, if what he does turns out to be legitimate, I'd happily throw my money at him.

Instead of asking for a 1000 pound one on one consultation, can I recommend for him to do the James Randi challenge tho?  I believe it still stands, even though James passed away.

Obviously money is important to Rudi on some level, otherwise he would be teaching for a much lower price, or for free, so why not kill two birds with one stone?  Prove once and for all that electric chi is a thing, revolutionizing the world as we know it, and become super wealthy.

Why waste time shilling a system on a dao bum forum is all I am saying.

On a side note, I did fork out the money for a static electricity device, so if I don't electrocute myself, look forward to me filming some demonstrations for reference.  Either that, or starting my own sex cult based around my new electric Qi skills. 

At the moment, it's a toss up.

I took a free diaphramatic breathing Zoom workshop with Rudi and it was great.  You'd think that after several decades of qigong adventuring that I would of known everything one needs to know about diaphramatic breathing, but nope, I didn't.  And let me tell you, diaphramatic breathing is Gold, everybody believes in diaphramatic breathing but it's absolute Gold.  So to me all this faqi zapping stuff is a distraction.  I believe in it, but given my current level, my physiological context, it's a distraction.  It attracts people who have opinions yeah or nay, which is fine, but meanwhile many people (Luke raises his hand) are not doing the less flashy but oh-so-important work that comes at the beginning. Faqi may come for some but to say you're gonna do the training because you want to faqi, or that you're not going to do the training because you think it's a hoax, to say either one of these things is to miss the point.

• Like 4

Based on my familiarity with the exercise Rudy does in the video to generate/move the qi  (particularly the part where he has to do it a couple of times to get it going), familiarity with the exercise’s effects on the tissue when one does it as a qi  gong form to move and thicken the qi, having seen others move qi into their hand the same way that Rudy demonstrates, and the limited level of reaction of the young ladies receiving it (no falling onto the floor and rolling around or other drama) I would say that it’s a simpler solution  that  it’s true than that he learned how to effectively hypnotize people to believe it and successfully deceived all his students. I guess the only way to be sure is to ask him to demonstrate it on you. I am not one of Rudy’s students nor do I have an interest in chasing abilities as I don’t think it’s the correct approach.  Not much to say about the other videos other than I don’t plan to visit the school of magnetism and mesmerism anytime soon.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

So to me all this faqi zapping stuff is a distraction.

I personally don't see humans being able to produce electricity as a distraction at all.  Just think of the revolution it would produce, it would literally save lives, so dismissing it as just a "distraction" is asinine imo.

Fact is, Rudi has shown a phenomena that goes beyond the reality that we currently know, so he is either revolutionary, or a fraud.

If he is a fraud, why would you want to give money to someone like that?  Even if they may have taught you something you never heard, that they probably regurgitated from a more deserving teacher that you'll never discover because you're wasting your money and time.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Honestly guys the most ridiculous thing about this thread is everyone discussing faqi and speculating about how it works. Why not just ask Rudi to explain? Not a single question so far has been directed to him in a thread about him and his class.

I'm speculating about it working at all :P

If it was well established that people could shoot electricity out of their hands, then yes, it would be prudent to ask them how they think it's done.  As it stands, we have monks and meditators, and Qi Gong practitioners of all sorts, practicing similar things, that are twice or more Rudi's age who don't claim to have these abilities, even while claiming to have some others like healing with Qi.

So again, sorry to sound harsh, but until we have some solid evidence, I think it's more important to establish first if something is "real" or a trick.  And the only question I have for Rudi is where he is based, and if he is willing to do a demonstration with certain parameters in place.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

Is he a member of The Dao Bums?

Yes he replied to the OP on the first page. His user name is 小梦想.

4 minutes ago, Partez said:

I'm speculating about it working at all :P

If it was well established that people could shoot electricity out of their hands, then yes, it would be prudent to ask them how they think it's done.  As it stands, we have monks and meditators, and Qi Gong practitioners of all sorts, practicing similar things, that are twice or more Rudi's age who don't claim to have these abilities, even while claiming to have some others like healing with Qi.

So again, sorry to sound harsh, but until we have some solid evidence, I think it's more important to establish first if something is "real" or a trick.  And the only question I have for Rudi is where he is based, and if he is willing to do a demonstration with certain parameters in place.

Ask him about it

2 minutes ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Ask him about it

I just have.  If he is following this thread, as I'm sure he is, he can address and reply to the things I'm saying.

Edited by Partez
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Honestly guys the most ridiculous thing about this thread is everyone discussing faqi and speculating about how it works. Why not just ask Rudi to explain? 

Yes, it's turned into quite the spectacle :rolleyes:

On 11/30/2023 at 12:45 PM, 小梦想 said:

Anything else you wana know just ask.

So Rudi, how often do you get asked to do a "James Randi challenge" type of demonstration? Like with credentialed experts observing and yadda yadda.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nintendao said:

So Rudi, how often do you get asked to do a "James Randi challenge" type of demonstration? Like with credentialed experts observing and yadda yadda.

Why not ask him why he hasn't done it?

He obviously wants money to some extent since he is charging an exorbitant amount to learn what he learnt.

And he was willing to demonstrate his ability and perform and practice it on groups of people in the videos that he showed:

What's the issue then of allowing some skeptics to come along and offer vast amounts of money for you to do what you claim to be able to do all the time, and hold seminars to teach other people how to do.

Edited by Partez

Will the skeptic's Qi, un-mellow his vibe so he isn't able to do what he claims?  Can someone please explain why it's such a battle to just get a bit of objective proof on seemingly outlandish claims before buying into them 100%?

8 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Do you know this?

I do. As you see, only I had the expertise to devise a definitive test on qi vs hypnosis. Moreover I know in advance every argument and counterargument from the both parties in this debate. Frankly it is like  a bunch of preschoolers debating who is stronger Magneto or Superman.

This is a very bold claim, I don’t think I’ve seen any other teacher say this

My wisdom is unique in the world. I am here to save those who can be saved.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

I do. As you see, only I had the expertise to devise a definitive test on qi vs hypnosis. 

Post the results of this test then. Everything about it.

Moreover I know in advance every argument and counterargument from the both parties in this debate. Frankly it is like  a bunch of preschoolers debating who is stronger Magneto or Superman.

I don’t believe you know anything, you are too scared to even talk to Rudi so why would I believe you’ve talked to anyone else who can faqi.

Still not one question from you.

My wisdom is unique in the world. I am here to save those who can be saved.

Ah the Messiah has returned to bring heaven on Earth! Blessed be the posters of this thread.

Edited by Pak_Satrio
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Partez said:

I just have.  If he is following this thread, as I'm sure he is, he can address and reply to the things I'm saying.

how old are you?

I don't know if the Randi challenge is still in place, but I would suggest that the claim would be about telekinesis not about bio-electricity. Some animals can generate huge voltages so I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility that humans can train their bodies to do something like it. Moving an inanimate object at a distance without some known form of physical contact is quite another matter, and much easier to test. Those kinds of things are also claimed by some practitioners. If Rudi could do that and succeed to do it under controlled circumstances than that would be revolutionary.

If I remember well years ago I proposed a test here on The Dao Bums for people with supposed paranormal powers to influence a ball positioned on Norton's dome. Theoretically this should take no energy at all. See: https://sites.pitt.edu/~jdnorton/Goodies/dome_cam/dome_cam.html

Would be interesting if Rudi tried to telekinetically roll the ball (anyone of the two) within the space of say a week. It wouldn't be absolute proof, but it would certainly give the scientific world something to think about if he succeeded and the scientists found out that a member of The Dao Bums was trying to accomplish such a feat just at the time the ball started rolling....   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

I took a free diaphramatic breathing Zoom workshop with Rudi and it was great.  You'd think that after several decades of qigong adventuring that I would of known everything one needs to know about diaphramatic breathing, but nope, I didn't.  And let me tell you, diaphramatic breathing is Gold, everybody believes in diaphramatic breathing but it's absolute Gold.  So to me all this faqi zapping stuff is a distraction.  I believe in it, but given my current level, my physiological context, it's a distraction.  It attracts people who have opinions yeah or nay, which is fine, but meanwhile many people (Luke raises his hand) are not doing the less flashy but oh-so-important work that comes at the beginning. Faqi may come for some but to say you're gonna do the training because you want to faqi, or that you're not going to do the training because you think it's a hoax, to say either one of these things is to miss the point.

Will Rudi do the diaphragmatic breathing workshop again? 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 6:45 PM, 小梦想 said:

Anything else you wana know just ask.

OK - three questions:

1. Is it possible for an advanced Chi Master to roll the ball from the top of a Norton dome by means of telekinesis while the dome plus ball are situated in some far away country?

2. Could you do it?

3. Would you like to give it a try?

2 hours ago, wandelaar said:

I don't know if the Randi challenge is still in place, but I would suggest that the claim would be about telekinesis not about bio-electricity. Some animals can generate huge voltages so I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility that humans can train their bodies to do something like it.

I personally would be very impressed if he can recreate what he shows at the start of the clip, moving pieces of paper around, and not use a device of some sort to do so.

I'm pretty sure the skeptics do rule out humans generating electricity as a thing, beyond rubbing carpet on socks.

Australian skeptics offer $100 000, which isn't that much in down-under cash I suppose, but probably worth a trip down for anyone certain in their skills.

The point is that the claim has to be impossible according to current physics, merely being unlikely isn't enough. The working of the human body isn't yet completely understood, so I 'm not so sure a skeptical organization would be willing to investigate a claim regarding electric chi and consider it as something paranormal when the test happens to be successful. But you could ask them beforehand...

Found this:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-04/australian-skeptics-paranormal-proof-prize-still-unclaimed/8852060

https://www.skeptics.com.au/about/activities/challenge/

One of the conditions is this:

You must be a resident of Australia. For logistical reasons, we are unable to undertake tests with people in other countries, nor do we ask other countries’ skeptical groups to run formal testing on our behalf.