tao.te.kat

Hello from Barcelona

Hi, I'm Oskar from Barcelona, very happy to join the forum and learn.

My field of study is more buddhism than daoism but... my cat is called Tao :D:D:D and I love ZhuangZi or LieZi. And expect to learn a little bit more of daosim here.

I have a blog: https://blogdetao.org

Best regards

• Like 1

Welcome! Years ago we had lots of discussions here about philosophical Taoism and classics like the Tao Te Ching, Chuang tzu and Lieh tzu. Particularly the latter two. Let me know when you start a topic about them.

On 11/16/2023 at 3:51 PM, tao.te.kat said:

I have a blog: https://blogdetao.org

Is there no English version of your blog?

12 hours ago, wandelaar said:

Welcome! Years ago we had lots of discussions here about philosophical Taoism and classics like the Tao Te Ching, Chuang tzu and Lieh tzu. Particularly the latter two. Let me know when you start a topic about them.

Is there no English version of your blog?

No, sorry. But it's mostly about buddhism.

Thank you for your welcome, friends.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tao.te.kat said:

Ja, ja, only in Fawlty towers. He looks a lot more like mexican for us. :D:D

Curiously I worked with  Mexican ... a classic 'stereotypical Mexican' ... I always remember this crazy conversation between me , him and our boss , a Persian , all crammed into the front seat of a small van and approaching the film studios  front main gate , with a security barrier  and guard :

Arturo :  " Hey Man, there is the main gate , how do we get in ? Do we get a key or is it automatic ?"

Reza ;  " No , not automatic , a man is in there and he come out and open the barrier ... is manual . "

Arturo :  "  Manuel ?? "

Reza  (laughs )  :  ' No ... manual ... he opens it , its NOT  automatic . "

Arturo ( confused ) ;  " Who is Manuel ? "

Me ;  " They guy that opens the gate , his name is Manuel ... you pull up beep the horn , Manuel will come out , check ID and open the barrier  .....  manually .   Just like you try to understand things  Arturo-ally  . "

We pull up, he checks the window sticker , opens the barrier and  we drive through . Arturo hangs his head out the window

" Thanks Manuel !  "

That guy got called  Manuel for over 6 months and it spread though the crew , everyone started doing it  ;  " Hey !  Manuel !    "  as they drove though .  He had no idea how he got that nick name .