Sign in to follow this  
Sleepy Bluejay

Which Qigong/TCM/Acupuncture/ Etc. ?

5 minutes ago, Sleepy Bluejay said:

My question is: Which Qigong/TCM/Acupuncture/Etc. refines which part of the body (organs/muscles/bones) once you reach Foundation Realm?

I'm a licensed acupuncturist and would be happy to answer any questions, but I'm not sure I understand the question.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Maddie said:

I'm a licensed acupuncturist and would be happy to answer any questions, but I'm not sure I understand the question.

Once one has enough spiritual energy of Shen, Qi and Jing, my question is: Which internal art refines what, if infused with the 100 years worth of spiritual energy?

(I'm trying to build up more hypothetical possibilities for the Foundation Realm within my hypothesis which I can later experiment with)

*BTW acupuncture is said to be able to clear and refine the meridians, as well as, curing serval of diseases within wuxia novels. This makes acupuncture a medical art and when infused with spiritual energy such as Qi or Jing it can become a divine medical art, making the acupuncturist a divine doctor*

Edited by Sleepy Bluejay
Added a BTW.

17 minutes ago, Sleepy Bluejay said:

Once one has enough spiritual energy of Shen, Qi and Jing, my question is: Which internal art refines what, if infused with the 100 years worth of spiritual energy?

(I'm trying to build up more hypothetical possibilities for the Foundation Realm within my hypothesis which I can later experiment with)

*BTW acupuncture is said to be able to clear and refine the meridians, as well as, curing serval of diseases within wuxia novels. This makes acupuncture a medical art and when infused with spiritual energy such as Qi or Jing it can become a divine medical art, making the acupuncturist a divine doctor*

I think the first question is beyond the realm of acupuncture.

As to the second question pretty much all we do all day is try to open them meridians and move qi.

• Like 1

I have a question, if you dont mind.  What is the relationship, if any, between the health of a physical organ and the quality of chi in the meridian of the same name?  I know, for instance, that the kidney in western medicine is not the same thing as the kidney system in TCM.  But if a person had imbalanced kidney chi, would that be a sign that there was something wrong with their physical kidneys?  If a person, tonified his kidney chi would he be improving the health of his physical kidneys?  Or is one really nothing to do with the other?  Thanks!

@Maddie

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

I have a question, if you dont mind.  What is the relationship, if any, between the health of a physical organ and the quality of chi in the meridian of the same name?  I know, for instance, that the kidney in western medicine is not the same thing as the kidney system in TCM.  But if a person had imbalanced kidney chi, would that be a sign that there was something wrong with their physical kidneys?  If a person, tonified his kidney chi would he be improving the health of his physical kidneys?  Or is one really nothing to do with the other?  Thanks!

@Maddie

That is both a good question and a difficult one to answer with one easy answer, as the answer to the question could be either or, or both, or neither. 

For example Kidney qi deficiency can result in problems with the physical organ of the kidney, or it can relate to hormonal issues, or it can relate to lower back and knee pain, but it can also related to issues along the course of the Kidney meridian as well. So for example medial leg pain. 

This is a complicated and nuanced subject that has no one simple and easy answer. I hope that answers the question even though its not a great answer.  

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Sleepy Bluejay, I'm keen interested in this subject too. If I understand your question I would couple TCM and acupuncture together. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Indiken said:

edited by moderator

Sounds like a bisexual in denial of their own sexuality to me really.. also Qi & meridians doesn't work like that.

As for the "I doubt that you really know what objects/feelings Shen, Qi, Jing, spiritual energy are physically and how they relate to your everyday activities." Neither do you, clearly. :lol:

Edited by steve
offensive
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Indiken said:

edited by moderator

Do not want to be, means, you are but doesn't want to be a.k.a denial.

Good we can agree about something, I don't know either, hence to why it is a hypothesis.

Edited by steve
offensive

4 minutes ago, Sleepy Bluejay said:

Do not want to be, means, you are but doesn't want to be a.k.a denial.

Denial is when one is but think he is not, so, either he is not aware, delusional, or deny on purpose. Doesn't want to be is a direction a person goes to. 

7 minutes ago, Indiken said:

Denial is when one is but think he is not, so, either he is not aware, delusional, or deny on purpose. Doesn't want to be is a direction a person goes to. 

yes, but instead of hating your own sexuality you should accept it. To not accept your attraction, is to deny a part of yourself. This is what we call to be in denial.

Once you accept yourself, you can understand and control yourself.

Edited by Sleepy Bluejay
gramma.

38 minutes ago, Sleepy Bluejay said:

Neither do you, clearly. :lol:

I want to add, that if I would really know fully, then I wouldn't engage in personal discussions, because there would be no need for discussion per se. I would simply make a thread and share what I know. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sleepy Bluejay said:

yes, but instead of hating your own sexuality you should accept it. To not accept your attraction, is to deny a part of yourself. This is what we call to be in denial.

Once you accept yourself, you can understand and control yourself.

To accept one part of self might require to discard another. For example, if you accept to steal or injure someone, you will become a person which you do not want to be.

I am not sure if acceptance leads to control. I think control means that you remove that which is unacceptable. 

33 minutes ago, Indiken said:

To accept one part of self might require to discard another. For example, if you accept to steal or injure someone, you will become a person which you do not want to be.

I am not sure if acceptance leads to control. I think control means that you remove that which is unacceptable. 

If accepting one part of yourself discard another, then that piece was never a part of you to begin with.

Bisexuality is a spectrum between gay and straight, to be more straight than gay doesn't make you more "pure" or less bi. You are not disgusting for liking trans women and even if you were, humans are naturally disgusting. We are literally made of nasty things like organs, flesh and tiny living bugs like things. Animals are disgusting too for doing nasty things like eating shit and vomit + cannibalism (birds, dogs, elephants, etc.). Compared to the animal kingdom you the least disgusting thing that exist. Also lets not think about how gross "clear spring water" is under a microscope.

The world is disgusting and so are we.

Edited by Sleepy Bluejay
fixed more gramma + added a little.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Dedicated said:

Hi Sleepy Bluejay, I'm keen interested in this subject too. If I understand your question I would couple TCM and acupuncture together. 

Acupuncture is a part of TCM.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Indiken said:

edited by moderator

There's so many effed up things in what you just said I can't believe I responding, but I'm primarily going to respond for the sake of other people to not be confused.

1. First of all acupuncture has nothing to do with someone's sexuality which you assumed with me isn't heterosexual. I don't know why you made that assumption. This sounds like a homophobic attitude which you're projecting.

2. If you're a heterosexual male attracted to women whether they be trans or CIS then that makes you heterosexual.

3. I'm not going to even reply to what you said about acupuncture and TCM because you just sound like an idiot.

* I find you to be both homophobic and transphobic and I think the forum should monitor you!

Edited by Maddie
offensive
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Maddie said:

There's so many effed up things in what you just said I can't believe I responding, but I'm primarily going to respond for the sake of other people to not be confused.

Thanks, Maddie.  For better or worse, the forum occasionally attracts people with, shall we say, issues.  Appreciate your willingness to share what you know.

LL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mod note - Indiken has been suspended for 30 days. His next infraction will result in a permanent vacation from the site. After further review by the mod team and admin the decision was made to make the ban permanent. 

• Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Thanks, Maddie.  For better or worse, the forum occasionally attracts people with, shall we say, issues.  Appreciate your willingness to share what you know.

LL

Of course I'm very happy to share what I know and I can be a feisty gaI I don't take crap from haters LOL

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 11/14/2023 at 6:27 AM, liminal_luke said:

@Maddie

Qi, no matter it comes from  the body's organs or its meridians ,all  originates from the fundamental qi ( '元氣 ' ) located  in between the kidneys,  a place where also gets a specific name called ' mingmen ' ('Gate of life') . As we age, this fundamental qi  decreases , therefore our digestion ability  also weakens;  this is why although we can keep eating to absorb jing and qi from food , their quality and quantity decrease that we just  cannot rely on feeding food to live forever  ; all old people experience the shrinkage of their appetite and digestion ability by 50-60s .

We can initialize  and refine this  fundamental qi  to certain degree  by herbs, needles  , our hands , some postures and our minds , however,  the pure and most powerful one  we can get to reverse the life's proceeding  is by attaining   a no-Mind .  A no-Mind is just something spiritual,  empty and pure , free of  the effects from our drives ( say sex) , emotions( anger, jealousy..etc) and  ideas ( mind locked in a chain of concepts ) , therefore it gets  the character same as the fundamental qi 's ,  which  makes our cultivation simple and easy ( ' 同類易施功, 非種難為巧 ' ) .

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, exorcist_1699 said:

; all old people experience the shrinkage of their appetite and digestion ability by 50-60s .

Thanks, exorcist_1699.  To me, your post has the ring of truth, particularly the paragraph about no-mind.  We do, however, have different ideas about the beginning of old age. B)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Thanks, exorcist_1699.  To me, your post has the ring of truth, particularly the paragraph about no-mind.  We do, however, have different ideas about the beginning of old age. B)

You have different ideas than me?

Screenshot_2023-11-17-09-22-41-99_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

• Haha 1

Exorcist 1699 has, as usual brought, up an excellent point here:

10 hours ago, exorcist_1699 said:

We can initialize  and refine this  fundamental qi  to certain degree  by herbs, needles  , our hands , some postures and our minds , however,  the pure and most powerful one  we can get to reverse the life's proceeding  is by attaining   a no-Mind .  A no-Mind is just something spiritual,  empty and pure , free of  the effects from our drives ( say sex) , emotions( anger, jealousy..etc) and  ideas ( mind locked in a chain of concepts ) , therefore it gets  the character same as the fundamental qi 's ,  which  makes our cultivation simple and easy

This state of "no mind" is the real basis of Qi cultivation, and the means by which one discovers:

On 1/28/2009 at 3:48 PM, Zhongyongdaoist said:

See Charles Luk Taoist Yoga, p. 4, '...the wondrous light of (essential) nature which is symbolized by a circle which Confucius called virtuous perfection (jen); the Book of Change calls it the ultimateless (wu chi), the Buddha perfect knowledge (yuan ming), and the Taoists the elixir of immortality or spiritual light; which all point to the prenatal One True Vitality.'

This experience is the real beginning of Qi cultivation and without it one is wasting ones time.  There is evidence in the Neiye that this experience was known in China as early as the Fourth Century BCE, and probably earlier.

ZYD

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sleepy Bluejay said:

1000_F_103133691_UmhlxEfx9oNl4sx6kbNp6zV12-Main-Meridians.jpg

So I found these pictures and I was wondering; is this how you refine organs (by infusing shen, qo and jing into organs via meridians)?

One of the best ways to refine organs is to use the back shu points on the bladder meridian. There's one for each organ and they have a strong effect on the organ itself.

• Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

Sign in to follow this