Sign in to follow this  
liminal_luke

Happy Equinox!

For us northern hemisphere dwellers, today (9/23) is the joyous occasion of the fall equinox.  Following the teachings of Healing Tao teacher Michael Winn, I consider the equinoxes and solstices especially potent days for spiritual practice.  May all of us bask in the special feeling of balance and centeredness the day affords.  And if you live in the northern hemisphere -- Happy Fall!

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

For us northern hemisphere dwellers, today (9/23) is the joyous occasion of the fall equinox.  Following the teachings of Healing Tao teacher Michael Winn, I consider the equinoxes and solstices especially potent days for spiritual practice.  May all of us bask in the special feeling of balance and centeredness the day affords.  And if you live in the northern hemisphere -- Happy Fall!

Thank you Luke I love the autumn - even the melancholy and mists.

• Like 3

So deeply appreciate this time of year and this morning was quite the gift.

Upon waking, was greeted by two dragonflies ringing in their next generation, embracing one another while hanging inverted from our festival lights outside our kitchen.  While my partner this life and I have been adventurous in our embracing, I can't recall any inverted hanging encounters.:lol:  Quite the sight!

My dream transition into waking was being welcome in the home of Three Wyrd Women. 

:wub:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As time goes by .....

I realize its the equinox a few days before . years back we would be not just be aware  weeks before but be in preparation for the event , celebration, ritual .  Now , they seem to pass without realization .

I got asked on a date by the lovely Miss Honey  .... to go into town tonight for the  Spring Equinox  .....  ( wait for it ) ......   Fairy Ball .

:( 

Oh geeze ... I'm gonna have to pass on that .   " Why .... you are a  'wizard '   ( wince )   .... you could dress up as one and have fun ."

" I dont like 'dress ups' ."

" They will have costumes there and someone there is doing face painting , so you could get made up . "

Oh my God ..... ME   ... at some New Age Fairy version of our poor old ,near lost,  battered and corrupted sacred traditions  ?  Wow .

Things are very different today .

- gettin closer to being ' a Grandpa Simpson '  ..... day by day .

But hey ...  have a good equinox to you all, dont get ripped apart by the forces  ;) 

image.thumb.png.9eec3d624039c0430e8ab6a545f663a6.png

:wacko:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

Fairy Ball 

Elsewhere on the forum, Bums are asking themselves if "everything is perfect"?  On some very cosmic above-my-paygrade level everything might be perfect, but in my daily life it's hard to escape the sense that things might be improved a tad.  Which is why I'm delighted to announce: Fairy Balls are perfect.  As you might imagine, I speak from experience.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

I am sure the little ones would be delighted ....   but I dont want to frighten the kids  .

Beside , I am busy working on my costume for 'Lovefest' ....

image.png.cb58fce4df0b920a220c9cb02cda5fa6.png

" Hey baby . "

or maybe a 'forest wizard ' ?

image.png.4618c7f2b3e7a335e44497b2b4ec9e1f.png

' The Three-horn Forest Wizard.'

( I still cant decide if I should go for the 'chest hair bun'  or not  ?  )

• Haha 1

Anyway , what sort of an Equinox might it be ? 

image.png.c19d3c758a39239e34508b5b8630f6e4.png

Now for the crux .... what planets are retrograde ?

Pluto Retrograde: May 1 – October 11, 2023

Neptune Retrograde: June 30 – December 6, 2023

Saturn Retrograde: June 17 – November 4, 2023

Venus Retrograde: July 22 – September 3, 2023

Chiron Retrograde: July 23 – December 26, 2023

Mercury Retrograde: August 23, 2023 – September 15, 2023

Uranus Retrograde: August 28, 2023 – January 27, 2024

And soon, Jupiter Retrograde: September 4 – December 31, 2023

https://www.yogajournal.com/lifestyle/astrology/planets-in-retrograde/

No wonder I been feeling a bit   ...... :blink:

13 hours ago, Nungali said:

Anyway , what sort of an Equinox might it be ? … Now for the crux .... what planets are retrograde ? … 

:blink: ... Possibly impressive (I so haven’t got a clue about these things :ph34r: )

P.S. pls don’t explain for me, my brain got cracked (by trying to understand the DDJ). I will now need to rest the rest of my life. :lol:

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks @liminal_luke. Equinoxal best wishes to you also. Its at this time of year that I stop shaving, growing a beard (with management to prevent wizard-like excess) until the spring equinox when I shave it all off to reveal my, slightly older, but essentially unchanged potato-face.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2023 at 5:28 AM, Apech said:

Thank you Luke I love the autumn - even the melancholy and mists.

Ah! sweeter was September–
The amber rain of leaves,
The harvest to remember
The load of sunny sheaves.
In gardens deeply scented,
In orchards heavily hung,
Love flung
Away the days demented
With lips that curled and clung.
Ah! sweeter still October,
When russet leaves go grey,
And sombre loves and sober
Make twilight of the day.
Dark dreams and shadows tenser
Throb through the vital scroll,
Man's soul.
Life, shake a subtle censer
That hides the cruel coal!

But perhaps even better ?   .....

Still sweeter when the Bowman
His silky shaft of frost
Lets loose on earth, that no man
May linger nor be lost.
The barren woods, deserted.
Lose echo of our sighs–
Love–dies?–
Love lives–in granite skirted,
And under oaken skies.
But best is grim December,
The Goatish God his power;
The Satyr blows the ember,
And pain is passion's flower;
When blood drips over kisses,
And madness sobs through wine:–
Ah, mine!–
The snake starts up and hisses
And strikes and–I am thine!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

People like autumn because it's essentially modern-day spring. I have better luck making my new-years resolutions around this time than in January. Almost every formative turning point in your life–your first day of school, your first day of high school, maybe university, graduation, and in many cases, your first experience of work–took place in September. Thus, in our age, falling leaves and darkening weather have become subconscious symbols of renewal and growth, things that should belong to Spring. But if you look at the features of Autumn for what they are, even with the celebration of some harvests, they correspond more to death, depression, and preparation for rest. I think this irony of the calendar is a long-term sign of the end times. Compare the old agricultural calendar, where summer was industrious, to the summer holidays we spend our youth enjoying today. We grow up relegating work, which should be fulfilling enough to feel like the purpose of our lives, to the darker months, while celebrating the light of the sun through sloth.

6510bb0b6a499_laboursofthemonths.jpg.64257bf1f7621e585c7ca689917b20c3.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, whocoulditbe? said:

People like autumn because it's essentially modern-day spring. I have better luck making my new-years resolutions around this time than in January. Almost every formative turning point in your life–your first day of school, your first day of high school, maybe university, graduation, and in many cases, your first experience of work–took place in September. Thus, in our age, falling leaves and darkening weather have become subconscious symbols of renewal and growth, things that should belong to Spring. But if you look at the features of Autumn for what they are, even with the celebration of some harvests, they correspond more to death, depression, and preparation for rest. I think this irony of the calendar is a long-term sign of the end times. Compare the old agricultural calendar, where summer was industrious, to the summer holidays we spend our youth enjoying today. We grow up relegating work, which should be fulfilling enough to feel like the purpose of our lives, to the darker months, while celebrating the light of the sun through sloth.

6510bb0b6a499_laboursofthemonths.jpg.64257bf1f7621e585c7ca689917b20c3.jpg

Profound thoughts indeed!

1 hour ago, Apech said:

Profound thoughts indeed!

I love Shing02's Luv(Sic). Part of what got me thinking about this was Part 4, which follows the months starting in January, and breaks into a massive lyrical diversion at In a new semester, back in September.

Edited by whocoulditbe?

Sign in to follow this