Sign in to follow this  
dontknwmucboutanythng

One for the Daoist.

Cool. Pretty much what ancient Taoists in China saw within themselves happening while in a state of deep meditation.

Human = a miniature representation of the entire reality 

Heaven (yang)

Human (yang-yin)

Earth (yin)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

Before anyone gets too excited, the tai chi(yin yang) pattern was chosen by the experimenters to help demonstrate the phenomenon they were looking at. It didn't arise unexpectedly/naturally.

Edited by RobB
I didn't get it right the first time
  • Like 1

The pattern it resembles only became a symbol of Taoism within the last couple of centuries anyway. As far as I understand the image is an interference pattern created between the waves emmited by the quantum structure under consideration and an arbitrary reference wave. This video explains the non-quantum analog of the process

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobB said:

Before anyone gets too excited, the tai chi(yin yang) pattern was chosen by the experimenters to help demonstrate the phenomenon they were looking at. It didn't arise unexpectedly/naturally.

Where did you read this?

42 minutes ago, Bindi said:

Where did you read this?

The phys.org article links to the original paper https://www.nature.com/articles/s41566-023-01272-3. Which contains this figure: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41566-023-01272-3/figures/6. The accompanying text reads: Coincidence image of interference between a reference SPDC state and a state obtained by a pump beam with the shape of a Ying and Yang symbol (shown in the inset).

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RobB said:

The phys.org article links to the original paper https://www.nature.com/articles/s41566-023-01272-3. Which contains this figure: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41566-023-01272-3/figures/6. The accompanying text reads: Coincidence image of interference between a reference SPDC state and a state obtained by a pump beam with the shape of a Ying and Yang symbol (shown in the inset).

Yes I see, I don’t really understand what they’ve achieved then, if they start with the yin and Yang image and end with it? 

This is a photo of actual quantum entanglement, I wonder if it tells us anything? image.thumb.jpeg.a90da0a6025f5953062bb552a0806da7.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bindi said:

Yes I see, I don’t really understand what they’ve achieved then, if they start with the yin and Yang image and end with it? 

they've come up with a method for measuring something. It helps to have something already known to test that method on.

Edited by whocoulditbe?

On 24/8/2023 at 6:07 PM, RobB said:

Before anyone gets too excited

And so Taoism started to become intellectual overtime...and endless books written and people going further away from natural laws due to their egos and intellect. 

Same happened to Buddhism.

The birth of RELIGION and DIVISION.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bindi said:

Perhaps it's because scientists are human and like to do cool, fun, stuff from time to time? There might be a publicity element to it as well. In the UK at least, researchers will get partially judged on whether their work gets media/public engagement. I'm not sure this is necessarily a healthy thing but it is what it is. Cool images increase the likelihood that your normally obscure and incomprehensible work will get a moment in the limelight.

Edited by RobB
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Bindi said:

This is a photo of actual quantum entanglement, I wonder if it tells us anything? image.thumb.jpeg.a90da0a6025f5953062bb552a0806da7.jpeg

It tells me that my visual apparatus receives signals and interprets them... i.e. my storyteller manufactures a story from trigger inputs.  What is 'gleaned' is personal and based on projective assumptions, not objective reality.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 5:52 PM, Bindi said:

It looks like the abyss yelling at us to stop staring.

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this