RobB

Interview with Serge Augier

Ah, Daxuan…

The ancient time-honored lineage that no one apart from Serge has ever heard of 

31 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

The ancient time-honored lineage that no one apart from Serge has ever heard of 

he pinpoints it to a year lol

the remarkable teachings of Serge Augier, a torchbearer of Daxuan, which dates back to the mythic era of 510 AD in the mystical Kowloon Mountains.

he just does not say what exactly happened in 510? did someone graduate from the Daxuan  college or something? where does the torch come from? what is so mystical about Kowloon Mountains, they are right in Honkong for chrissake? how can anybody believe this nonsense?...so many questions

On 9/7/2023 at 7:13 PM, Taoist Texts said:

what is so mystical about Kowloon Mountains, they are right in Honkong.

I think it's an error in typing the word correctly. 

It's Kunlun mountains.

Btw, I see nothing wrong with this course. It's always the same thing but with different coating like we have Fiat, Volvo, Toyota, Mazda, Mini Cooper, Skoda, etc. cars. They all have:

1. Wheels

2. A transmission system

3. An engine 

4. A body/chassis

5. Front axle

and so on. Regardless of the car you choose to buy, it will always take you from A to B...some are faster than others though so the travelling time will be reduced.

Apply this reasoning to Qigong, IMA & various meditation methods.

5 hours ago, Gerard said:

Btw, I see nothing wrong with this course.  .........it will always take you from A to B.

what did he himself achieved concretely?

On 28.06.2023 at 1:35 PM, RobB said:

Hi All,

Ashe Higgs, the interviewer, is also an accomplished martial artist and student of Master Sam Chin of I Liq Chuan.

https://www.fallingleaveskungfu.com/2023/06/exploring-daxuan-with-serge-augier/

Cheers

Rob

Fake martial artist, anyone who promotes him is a fake too. He is a cult leader and claims to belong to a school he has been kicked from. There are a bunch of videos online exposing him, including several people (non pros) who offered him a fight (spar) and he dodged.

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

and so on. Regardless of the car you choose to buy, it will always take you from A to B...some are faster than others though so the travelling time will be reduced.

It takes you somewhere in a grand delusion and Ego satisfaction, all those internal martial arts, like the mizner, damo e.t.c. work till you step into a ring with anyone semi decent from regular martial arts. Then you will start asking questions, why did you waste decades of life and hundreds thousands of dollars, on clown-fest seminars.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

what did he himself achieved concretely?

Ask him. :)

34 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Ask him. :)

So you know that he has no achievements whatsoever. Because if he had any you would specify those.

And  yet you 

9 hours ago, Gerard said:

see nothing wrong with this course

i was always fascinated with what motivates people like you to endorse the teachers with no achievements. still a mystery.

• Like 1

I was a student of Serge Augier and left with other students when heinous marketing and sectarian manipulation gained in intensity

he is good at fighting, the ..., hence the fact that he can give the change on his story for a while

but he's a liar, and the straw that broke the camel's back was when he told us that we had to "help him sell as many books as possible"

https://fuckedupbeyondrepair-blogspot-com.translate.goog/2013/11/pourquoi-jai-lu-et-surtout-ecoute-serge.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

• Like 1

I'm endorsing no one. The student should always be better than the teacher in the end. But it takes a heck of a lot of work to get there and still you got to 'keep the house tidy' on a daily basis like brushing your teeth. 

OWN EFFORT. Does this sound familiar? 

Achievements? Keep them to yourself.

I have attained quite a lot, but how is this going to benefit others? Will I ever make them public? I don't think so, what for? To make me happy or give me a sense of accomplishment? That would be an unresolved ego trip.

Back to the topic of discussion, Serge Augier isn't putting a gun on people's heads to buy his books or enrol in his course. Don't like him? Move on and find someone else, there are legit teachers out there but BUYER BEWARE there are also people who shouldn't be teaching due to:

1. Lacking empathy

2. Pass on inadequate/poor quality teachings

3. Passing on a half-baked method 

4. Passing a superficial method good for nothing except for the show. 

And they are not necessarily advertising their method to the whole world, they are lurking quietly in any of the world's suburbia. The good and the bad and the mediocre are always coexisting with one another.

My advice is to be inquisitive and spend a great deal of time in finding a legit teacher and system. 

EDITED: typo.

Edited by Gerard
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

I have attained quite a lot …

If you say so. 

2. Pass on inadequate/poor quality teachings

3. Passing on a half-baked method 

4. Passing a superficial method good for nothing except for the show. 

3. and 4. are superfluous (already included in 2.)

Edited by Cobie

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

Serge Augier isn't putting a gun on people's heads to buy his books or enrol in his course

No, but he is using deceitful means to attract customers, and for that I think he deserves to be called out.

Serge is an accomplished martial artist. But as a "spiritual teacher", he is a con man and a liar.

If Serge came clean that the system he teaches is a hodge-podge of stuff he's been taught by Yang Jwing-Ming and others/read about/seen on the Internet/made up, I wouldn't have a problem. But he doesn't. Instead he insists that it all comes from a mysterious "clan Daoist" lineage that no sinologist has ever heard of. And for which, through some bizarre quirk of history, he – a white French guy who grew up in Paris – is the sole repository and representative.

Serge has successfully adapted the motor of classic con games (marks want to believe in easy money) to his chosen field of activity (marks want to believe in superpowers that will save their souls and make them immortal). And just like the virtuoso con men of the past, he relies on the sunk cost fallacy: it's very hard to admit that something you have sunk tens of thousands of dollars/euros into was an artfully-spun illusion. And believe me, Serge's committed followers have sunk many tens of thousands into his spiel. He is eye-wateringly expensive.

So as you say: BUYER BEWARE!

And read this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Big-Story-Confidence-Man/dp/0385495382

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Serge is an accomplished martial artist. But as a "spiritual teacher", he is a con man and a liar.

Isn't this business ridden with them?

Name me one that isn't barring historical figures including some debatable about their real existence like the Jesus Christ.

It's certainly a personal path and you do not rely on others, end of story.

For the teachings go seek an internal martial artist that teaches a known that follows a *lineage which originates from China or a retreat centre in SE Asia for example linked to Buddhism if you prefer something less energy based. 

I had no idea SA was charging a lot for his teachings; I thought he was another author like Damo Mitchell. 

*For example:

https://www.scribd.com/document/76435480/Bagua-Lineage-Chart

Edited by Gerard

1 hour ago, Barnaby said:

Serge is an accomplished martial artist.

its a matter of opinion. my opinion, after watching this vid is that he is a pathetic MA artist. i saw thousands of hand-waivers like him.

1 hour ago, Taoist Texts said:

its a matter of opinion. my opinion, after watching this vid is that he is a pathetic MA artist. i saw thousands of hand-waivers like him.

I actually have the full movie. Did you see the full movie or just this 1 minute vid? Based on that movie I would think that he is a decent martial artist. Don't know much about martial arts though.

On 7/9/2023 at 11:13 AM, Taoist Texts said:

he just does not say what exactly happened in 510? did someone graduate from the Daxuan  college or something? where does the torch come from?

Also, got a few books of that author. One of them has a short section about the history of that school. Seems like around that date a number of clans and their masters united into one bigger organisation of sorts. No names though. Also mentions how at multiple points in history, this school changed names a lot to stay hidden.

In fact, if you know french, you can read that entire section in the sample edition https://www.amazon.com/Encyclopédie-pratique-Tao-bien-être-French-ebook/dp/B07J1Y2DTB?ref_=ast_author_dp

Edited by mcoolio
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, mcoolio said:

Did you see the full movie or just this 1 minute vid?

just the vid. sapienti sat

48 minutes ago, mcoolio said:

In fact, if you know french,

i do. (flammarion used to be a respectable name in publishing. sigh...) . thanks much

51 minutes ago, mcoolio said:

this school changed names a lot to stay hidden.

sounds legit!

1 hour ago, mcoolio said:

Seems like around that date a number of clans and their masters united into one bigger organisation of sorts. No names though. Also mentions how at multiple points in history, this school changed names a lot to stay hidden

I've heard the story. But there is no objective evidence, no third-party corroboration and only one source: Serge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1