Chang dao ling

Mo pai 72 levels

In mo pai there are 72 levels. My doubt is these levels are exclusive to mo pai or they apply to all daoist traditions. 

Edited by Chang dao ling

One thing I thought was odd while reading "The Magus of Java" is that while Mopai has 72 levels, John Chang was one of the most advanced masters, yet I think the book said he was on level 4.

I guess they get a lot easier and go by more quickly as you advance.

But you know what the kids today say: Mopai, mo problems.

Edited by EFreethought
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

In mo pai there are 72 levels. My doubt is these levels are exclusive to mo pai or they apply to all daoist traditions. 

Replace "Mo Pai"  with "India", levels with "languages" and "Daoist traditions" with "Asian people".

This is the same strange reasoning.

Stick to your own practice and avoid Mo Pai (not India, actual Mo Pai).

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

I'm not sure it applies to all traditions but the fellow I study from mentioned offhandedly that the Xian Tien/Pre Heaven application of the system he teaches has 72 levels (and I think the Hou Tian has 3 or 4).  So it might not be exclusive to Mo Pai (but from what I've been told Mo Pai isn't exactly Daoist so those parallels might not be ideal to make).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Replace "Mo Pai"  with "India", levels with "languages" and "Daoist traditions" with "Asian people".

This is the same strange reasoning.

Stick to your own practice and avoid Mo Pai (not India, actual Mo Pai).

Okay

2 hours ago, Wilhelm said:

I'm not sure it applies to all traditions but the fellow I study from mentioned offhandedly that the Xian Tien/Pre Heaven application of the system he teaches has 72 levels (and I think the Hou Tian has 3 or 4).  So it might not be exclusive to Mo Pai (but from what I've been told Mo Pai isn't exactly Daoist so those parallels might not be ideal to make).

Thanks for answering

• Like 1

There are only three levels of Chinese alchemy

water and fire are primary

Gold and wood are intermediate

Golden elixir is advanced

• Like 2

3 hours ago, awaken said:

There are only three levels of Chinese alchemy

water and fire are primary

Gold and wood are intermediate

Golden elixir is advanced

So a person who possesses golden elixir is spirit immortal or golden immortal?

On 12/23/2022 at 5:29 AM, Chang dao ling said:

Levels are only subjective things; they are "different" for each system.
For example, we have foundation training, which could be called level 1 (when completed). Many "famous" teachers I have seen would be far below our foundation training standards.

Magic, in particular, is a very complex art that is more suitable for strong minds and souls, with a thirst for knowledge and cultivation.
If we see someone too weak, we recommend an easier path elsewhere.
You may advance in a system X for many years, going from one rank to another, but to a system of another scale/dimension, you would be staying standstill. Your development is too slow even to matter or be noticeable on a big scale of things.
You may be trying to drain an ocean with a teaspoon, good luck with that.

• Like 2

On 2022/12/24 at 1:28 PM, Chang dao ling said:

So a person who possesses golden elixir is spirit immortal or golden immortal?

You probably don't even know what Jindan is.

Even if it is divided into a thousand levels, it is still at the primary level of water and fire. Is it meaningful to divide it into a thousand levels?

What's more, for talented people, they can directly enter the level of gold and wood, and directly skip the thousand levels of water and fire.

Edited by awaken
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, awaken said:

Even if it is divided into a thousand levels, it is still at the primary level of water and fire. Is it meaningful to divide it into a thousand levels?

What's more, for talented people, they can directly enter the level of gold and wood, and directly skip the thousand levels of water and fire.

What is level gold and wood can you explain?

2 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

What is level gold and wood can you explain?

Please check my previous articles

• Like 1