Shugyo

When the student is ready...

14 minutes ago, awaken said:

To me those nouns are not metaphors and not a problem

If anyone is interested, I can explain

Yes please!  For the last 10 years I've learned enough to barely scratch the surface of these nouns.  It'd be very interesting to know what's at the core of them

還丹七返,因有動而方有靜。

The seventh element returns the golden elixir,  because there is movement, there is stillness.

The seventh element is fire

Fire is Shen

your awareness, conciousness

When your fire returns, it is the moment to produce golden elixir,

because there is movement, there is stillness.

this is yin and yang

When the yang returns, it is the moment when the golden elixir is produced. The golden elixir can be produced in this way because there is movement and stillness, and the movement and stillness are in line with yin and yang.

5 minutes ago, Wilhelm said:

Yes please!  For the last 10 years I've learned enough to barely scratch the surface of these nouns.  It'd be very interesting to know what's at the core of them

So you have been studying for ten years

If I'm not clear enough, you can ask

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, awaken said:

So you have been studying for ten years

If I'm not clear enough, you can ask

That's right, about ten years - though I only look at the classics every couple of years or so to see if I understand them any better - and each time it's a bit better but not by much!

上德以道全其形,是其純乾之未破

A gifted person can complete the entire cultivation process by directly cultivating the Tao, because his pure yang has not been damaged

From my personal experience, I started practicing at the age of nineteen.
Before anyone taught me or learned any methods, I closed my eyes and calmed down, and a purple black liver light appeared.
I can go straight to the second yin and yang.
It was because I was young at the time and my pure yang was not damaged.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wilhelm said:

That's right, about ten years - though I only look at the classics every couple of years or so to see if I understand them any better - and each time it's a bit better but not by much!

It is normal for you not to understand, because Chinese is not your mother tongue.
Not to mention classical Chinese.
I have been able to understand classical Chinese since I was thirteen

When I was fourteen years old, I read the original Journey to the West as a novel

Edited by awaken
  • Like 1

下德以術延其命,乃配坎離而方成。

People with relatively poor talent must use some methods to strengthen their Min Gong, and they must be matched with Kan-li to succeed

Kan-li is water and fire, which is the so-called practice of Qi

Water and fire are the first yin and yang,  gold and wood are the second yin and yang
To enter the second yin and yang is to enter the Tao

So when you see someone who regards Qi training as everything and completely ignores gold and wood, it means that this person is not practicing Tao at all, he is still outside the door of Tao

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, awaken said:

It is normal for you not to understand, because Chinese is not your mother tongue.
Not to mention classical Chinese.
I have been able to understand classical Chinese since I was thirteen

When I was fourteen years old, I read the original Journey to the West as a novel

Very nice, that makes sense.  I was told Journey to the West also has a meaning that describes the alchemical process.  When I read such things they seem almost purely metaphorical, but do they read as practical instructions to you?

下德以術延其命,乃配坎離而方成。

People with relatively poor talent must use some methods to strengthen their Min Gong, and they must be matched with Kan-li to succeed

Kan-li is water and fire, which is the so-called practice of Qi

Water and fire are the first yin and yang,  gold and wood are the second yin and yang
To enter the second yin and yang is to enter the Tao

So when you see someone who regards Qi training as everything and completely ignores gold and wood, it means that this person is not practicing Tao at all, he is still outside the door of Tao

Thanks for elucidating!  This is where I run into trouble a little bit.  I've been taught various understandings of fire and water that relate to Qi, but I know nothing of Gold and Wood.  Could you please tell me how to understand that?

Just now, Wilhelm said:

Very nice, that makes sense.  I was told Journey to the West also has a meaning that describes the alchemical process.  When I read such things they seem almost purely metaphorical, but do they read as practical instructions to you?

Thanks for elucidating!  This is where I run into trouble a little bit.  I've been taught various understandings of fire and water that relate to Qi, but I know nothing of Gold and Wood.  Could you please tell me how to understand that?

Journey to the West is just a novel to me

I always read the alchemy classics directly

gold is rabbit marrow

wood is black liver

• Like 1

1 minute ago, awaken said:

Journey to the West is just a novel to me

I always read the alchemy classics directly

gold is rabbit marrow

wood is black liver

I'm sorry to press, but you're talking to someone who's very inexperienced with this 😅

Please tell me if I'm asking too much, but what is the rabbit marrow and black liver?  I usually understand things best in relation to the body and mind complex, and maybe it's a translation issues but these still seem metaphorical to me.

是以用陰陽之道,即依世法而修出世之法

Practicing with the principle of yin and yang is to practice the dharma which is out of the world(Tao) with the laws of the world

6 minutes ago, Wilhelm said:

I'm sorry to press, but you're talking to someone who's very inexperienced with this 😅

Please tell me if I'm asking too much, but what is the rabbit marrow and black liver?  I usually understand things best in relation to the body and mind complex, and maybe it's a translation issues but these still seem metaphorical to me.

你可以查詢一下,我以前的文章

烏肝就是光

類似星球極光

兔髓也是光

類似圓月

You can check my previous articles

I wrote a lot of articles about black liver and rabbit marrow, even with pictures, you should search it

black liver is light

similar planet aurora

Rabbit marrow is also light

similar to the full moon

Rabbit marrow is too difficult for you, as long as you understand black liver

Black liver is when you close your eyes, you can see the light like the Northern Lights, turning in front of your eyes

Edited by awaken
  • Like 1

你可以查詢一下,我以前的文章

烏肝就是光

類似星球極光

兔髓也是光

類似圓月

black liver is light

similar planet aurora

Rabbit marrow is also light

similar to the full moon

Thank you very much. 

So you're saying the black liver and rabbit marrow relate to qualities of the light that can appear upon closed eyelids during meditation? 

And you're saying knowing the Yin and Yang of Qi is insufficient because it doesn't include this other level? (Which sounds to me like it's Shen-based).

4 minutes ago, Wilhelm said:

Thank you very much. 

So you're saying the black liver and rabbit marrow relate to qualities of the light that can appear upon closed eyelids during meditation? 

And you're saying knowing the Yin and Yang of Qi is insufficient because it doesn't include this other level? (Which sounds to me like it's Shen-based).

Qi is not divided into Yin and Yang
qi is yin
Shen fire is Yang

In the book Can Tong Qi of Zhou Yi, the black liver is the shen of yang, and the marrow of the rabbit is the shen of yin

No matter who teaches you that qi is divided into yin and yang, you should stay away from this person, because he is talking nonsense

Edited by awaken
  • Like 1

Qi is not divided into Yin and Yang
qi is yin
Shen fire is Yang

Is that right?  Interesting!  I had thought the Kan and Li would be a way to divide Qi into Yin and Yang.  Thanks for elucidating further.

3 minutes ago, Wilhelm said:

Is that right?  Interesting!  I had thought the Kan and Li would be a way to divide Qi into Yin and Yang.  Thanks for elucidating further.

Kan-li doesn't divide qi into yin and yang
Kan is water, it is Qi
Li is fire, is Shen

People like you who have studied for ten years still don't understand what Kan-li is
It can be seen how serious the misleading situation of those qigong masters is

Edited by awaken
  • Like 1

Kan-li doesn't divide qi into yin and yang

Kan is water, it is Qi
Li is fire, is Shen

Ah ok, that makes sense!  

I will look into your black liver and rabbit marrow articles to understand better. 

• Like 1

效男女之生,必發天機而作泄天之機。

The practice of yin and yang is like giving birth to children

In order to activate the mechanism of nature, one must rise up and leak the mechanism of nature

In order to activate the mechanism of nature, one must rise up and leak the mechanism of nature

So Lu Zu explained the mechanism of nature very clearly

The mechanism of heaven mentioned here is the mechanism of nature

• Like 1

Excuse me for talking about Awaken in the third person - but I’m pretty sure she’s blocked me - so no point talking TO her.

I believe she’s talking about the manifest level (light) of spirit and soul…

• Like 4

2 hours ago, freeform said:

Excuse me for talking about Awaken in the third person - but I’m pretty sure she’s blocked me - so no point talking TO her.

I believe she’s talking about the manifest level (light) of spirit and soul…

She blocked everyone who tried to either help her make her point, correct her misunderstandings, or else disagreed with her

She is somewhat mistaken about things from what I can see

https://www.goldenelixir.com/terms/erba.html

The symbolic weight of the two ingredients of the Elixir. Refers to the equal parts of Mercury (True Yin) and Lead (True Yang) required to compound the Elixir. Each ingredient weighs eight ounces (liang 兩), and together they amount to one pound (jin 斤). (In the traditional Chinese weight system, where one pound is divided into sixteen ounces, “eight ounces” is equivalent to “half pound”.)

Two times 8 corresponds to one pound: the Way of the Changes is correct and unbiased. 二八應一斤,易道正不傾。 (The Seal of the Unity of the Three, sec. 29)

For the Medicine to weigh one pound, the Two Eights are needed. 藥重一斤須二八。 Comm. Weng Baoguang: Eight ounces of Crow’s liver and half pound of Hare’s marrow together make one pound. 烏肝八兩,兔髓半斤,合成一斤。 (Awakening to Reality, "Regulated Verses", poem 7)

When Yin and Yang are of one kind, they conjoin; when the Two Eights match one another, they merge. 陰陽得類俱交感,二八相當自合親。 (Awakening to Reality, "Regulated Verses", poem 8)

What are the Two Eights? They are the numbers that make one pound: half pound of Lead, eight ounces of Mercury. It is not that there are truly pounds and ounces. It is only important that the two things are balanced. 或問何謂二八?曰:一斤之數也。半斤鉛,八兩汞。非真有斤兩。只要二物平勻。 (Li Daochun, The Harmony of the Center: An Anthology, chap. 3)

But yet, she is saying

The second yin and yang are black liver and rabbit marrow, black liver is yang, and rabbit marrow is yin

and then you see this

awaken_4.jpg

I hope anyone who wants to know what these actual things are takes a look here. Should take the mystique away

I mean this very respectfully, but she I don't think she is able to communicate them to a level that is discernible

Moreover, based on her quoted comment, seems she has them mixed up

(On a more person to person note, seems she doesn't understand the relevance and work of the ox either, Im sure you get the reference ;) )

7 minutes ago, Pak_Satrio said:

I’m surprised there are people in the thread that she hasn’t blocked!

Sadly, she is not seeing the posts that are correcting her mistakes

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Barnaby said:

That Bondi Beach demo is a classic :lol:

It was ......   "excellent '     :)

( commentator guy must have told everyone that at least 45 times - best part was when the 'practitioner' had to check his notes he left on the footpath, to know what to do next  ....... excellent !  )

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Nungali said:

It was ......   "excellent '     :)

( commentator guy must have told everyone that at least 45 times - best part was when the 'practitioner' had to check his notes he left on the footpath, to know what to do next  ....... excellent !  )

Comedy gold :lol:

I’ve got it on replay!

I think one of those guys hangs out around here ; 'a friend of a friend ' .  he often goes on about  'Bag - wha ' and then  hunches over , points his hand out and does a funny walk in a half circle ..... but he will never do anything like match, 'muck around,' or even jostle with me  ... well he did once  at first, I never  hurt him or did anything nasty but he was 'out of there' pretty quick and seems never to want to have another go again .  Doesnt stop him boasting about how he trained with this or that 'Master' through .  :rolleyes:

I think some of those 'Bondi Boys' watching in the background  of that video where itching to 'have a go'  .    :D   .

• Like 1

Actually, I will be doing something like that this morning ; as usual I go into town on Saturdays  and train in park by river . The town is used to that  as its been happening for near 10 years now ( also some aikido guys train there too ) - public Kobudo . But there is no 'commentator, note reading  , :D  nor 'club / proselyting  over a loudspeaker .    But being Xmas weekend the town will be full of tourists ..... gawpers be at minimum though as its raining .    Today, I am planning to match my   spear against  a tai-chi sword  .

• Like 1