Takingcharge

How does GOD,the christian god, fit into the bigger picture? Is he referred to in any of the other cosmologys of the daoists, buddhists etc?

On 2022/10/29 at 11:06 AM, Master Logray said:

Yes, there have been criticism on Taoism is having too much tolerance that it loses its own character.  This is not unlike some anti-immigrant sentiment nowadays.  Taoist scripture include Buddhist classics, temple include Buddhist gods , many people don't know what is the difference between Taoist and Buddhist temples.  The practice of 3/5 religions unity and from the same source further erodes its identity (三教合一,五教同源). 

Taoism is an indigenous religion , in order to maintain its position , it has to face the challenge from the incoming Buddhism which , in fact , gets many elements  close to Taoism  .  It is foolish to ignore Buddhism  or criticize simply its theory  , the best strategy is to assimilate the useful elements from Buddhism , especially the no-mind stuffs which are really useful for Taoist cultivation  . Notice that both Zhuangzi  talks about sit-and-forget( ' 坐忘 ' )    and Laotze talks about the emptied mind (" 谷神 "), so such a way is not  without ground .  Note also that no matter how many Buddhist sayings  of emptied mind stuff adopted in Taoism , as long as they are  used under Taoist jing-qi-shen framework,  then it is  okay .  In addition , Taoist theory about the necessity of  cultivating  both Xing  (our spiritual nature ) and Meng ( life composed of qi and jing)  and  its specific standpoint  against cultivating  the yin-typed differentiated mind  (' 陰識 ')  already  tell people  clearly how  big a difference  it  is from Buddhist  . In fact , old , jing-drained Buddhist practitioners , no mater they follow Pure Land or Zen's   , are very likely  succumb to mentioned  entanglement  without noticing it  . Anyway ,  hardly  can we see Taoism  overwhelmed by Buddhism .

Edited by exorcist_1699

7 minutes ago, exorcist_1699 said:

What  left behind are the challenges from modern science and Christianity , which I will  later talk about them .

Edited by exorcist_1699

1 hour ago, exorcist_1699 said:

Taoism is an indigenous religion , in order to maintain its position , it has to face the challenges from the incoming Buddhism which , in fact , has so many elements  close to Taoism  .  It is foolish to ignore them or criticize them simply , the best strategy is to assimilate the useful elements from Buddhism , especially the no-mind stuffs which are really useful for Taoist cultivation  . Notice that both Zhuangzi  talks about sit-and-forget( ' 坐忘 ' )    and Laotze talks about the emptied mind (" 谷神 "), so such a way is not  without ground .  No matter how much Buddhist sayings  of emptied mind stuff adopted in Taoism , as long as they are  used under Taoist jing-qi-shen framework,  then it is  okay .  In addition , Taoist theory about the necessity of  cultivating  both Xing  (our spiritual nature ) and Meng ( life composed of qi and jing)  and  its specific standpoint  against cultivating  the yin-type of differentiated mind  (' 陰識 ')  already  tell us  clearly its  big difference from Buddhist  . So, hardly  can we see Taoism  overwhelmed by Buddhism .

You are talking about Taoist alchemy.  But it is only a very minor, though elitist part of Taoism.  Buddhist ideas have far more exposures on internet, books, TVs, talks and even daily conversations.  Taoists still have upper hands on ceremonies, fortune telling and magical, while qigong/martial arts/medicine are not perceived as uniquely "Taoist".

20 hours ago, Master Logray said:

You are talking about Taoist alchemy.  But it is only a very minor, though elitist part of Taoism.  Buddhist ideas have far more exposures on internet, books, TVs, talks and even daily conversations.  Taoists still have upper hands on ceremonies, fortune telling and magical, while qigong/martial arts/medicine are not perceived as uniquely "Taoist".

You are talking about the earthly appearance of a  religion , the face  of it : whether it collects  a lot of money , whether its ceremonies splendid enough, whether it  gathers  a lot of people  on the internet  ..etc  . I refer to the core  (' 裡子' ) of a religion that really grants  people the heavenly blessings  (' 天爵' )  : forever life, no matter it is physical or spiritual  ;  disease and aging-proof body ..etc  . We really have to ask people whether they want to have those   earthly privileges ('人爵')  or  they , at least a small portion of them , at the very bottom of their hearts,  really want to attain the heavenly blessings..

Edited by exorcist_1699

14 hours ago, Nungali said:

Oh ?   really   ?

Then ;

No it doesn't .

'Hinduism'  is a synthesis that occurred after the Vedic period - between  500–200BCE and  300 CE .

Sorry friend!  Far less grumpy today - so I'll take your word for it!

Edit: sounds like I was using the term incorrectly anyways as a synonym for Vedic culture.

Edited by Wilhelm

5 hours ago, exorcist_1699 said:

You are talking about the earthly appearance of a  religion , the face ('面子' ) of it : whether it collects  a lot of money , whether its ceremonies splendid enough, whether it  gathers  a lot of people  on the internet  ..etc  . I refer to the core  (' 裡子' ) of a religion that really grants  people the heavenly blessings  (' 天爵' )  : forever life, no matter it is physical or spiritual  ;  disease and aging-proof body ..etc  . We really have to ask people whether they want to have those   earthly privileges ('人爵')  or  they , at least a small portion of them , at the very bottom of their hearts,  really want to attain the heavenly blessings..

That will make Taoist a small hermetic order.

Yeah but he still legendarily disappeared. Does getting murdered nullify such abilities?🤔 Kinda makes me wonder. That is a good point though…the only other slain prophet coming to mind is Mani, who might actually be a greater candidate to having possibly possessed rainbow body…but your right Both prophets bodies did get defiled upon death ugh  for some reason or another I wanna believe the gnostics ran away and survived on the steppes and the Tibetan plateau!? Pardon the regurgitation of academia been reading The Gospel of Mani. Quite a bit lately and just pondering  Ancient Persian influence on energy work🤔 apologies if my previous posts sound erratic or hostile. Probably Covid brain lol

11 hours ago, Wilhelm said:

Sorry friend!  Far less grumpy today - so I'll take your word for it!

Edit: sounds like I was using the term incorrectly anyways as a synonym for Vedic culture.

Well, Vedic  culture was not Indian , it was an import  ;) 

There are some 'modern'   'dharmas' that tie in modern Indian practice, back through the establishment of Hinduism , back through the Vedic period and all the way back to Indus Valley Civilisation  (  eg Sanatana Dharma )  , this view is how many westerners see 'Hinduism' as well .

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Zorro Dantes said:

Yeah but he still legendarily disappeared. Does getting murdered nullify such abilities?🤔 Kinda makes me wonder.

I would say murder does not effect the 'abilities'    IF one can 'resurrect' in a body of light  and appear to others .  But was it a body of light ? 

" Doubting Thomas , put your hand to my side and feel the spear hole . "

That is a good point though…the only other slain prophet coming to mind is Mani, who might actually be a greater candidate to having possibly possessed rainbow body…but your right Both prophets bodies did get defiled upon death ugh  for some reason or another I wanna believe the gnostics ran away and survived on the steppes and the Tibetan plateau!?

The Gnostics ?     Wot  ?

Gnostics mostly want to run away  from anything earthly and material ( evil ) and get straight to heaven .

But here is something for your belief to chew upon .   Tonpa Shenrab Miwoe  -   he came from Tajikistan / Pamir Mountains area , a prophet and teacher with higher principles  ( a bit like Zoroaster - he forbade the current practice of animal sacrifice, substituting it with non animal 'offerings' , other laws about protecting animals and the environment , different burial practices  - 'air burial' so as not to pollute the earth or water , and so on ) . He travelled  east to Tibet ( both areas where heavily linked back then ) but Tibet was too savage to accept such advanced teachngs , so he went on to   Zhang Zung  , an empire to the north , where he was accepted . Eventually this did filter to Tibet and  primitive Bon,  making second stage Bon .   Miwoe is known as the Central Asian Buddha  and bought  Buddhism to Tibet  way before 'Buddhism' came there .   I've got posts about it all somewhere on DBs .

Khyung+Lung.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhangzhung

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonpa_Shenrab_Miwoche

Pardon the regurgitation of academia been reading The Gospel of Mani. Quite a bit lately and just pondering  Ancient Persian influence on energy work🤔 apologies if my previous posts sound erratic or hostile. Probably Covid brain lol

Before the Persians became Persians  ( ie, the Persian ancestors ) they lived in  south Central Asia area extending east through the Pamirs ( 'The Roof of the World' )  ... where they located ' Airyana Vaeja'  ( a type of 'paradise homeland ' ) towards Tibet . While the Tibetans  thought similar ( Shamballa) was to the east  ( Pamirs or Zang Zung ) .

Even back at  2,200 bc  - waaaay   before 'Persians'    they had a very advanced culture . 

BMAC,_Axe_with_eagle_headed_demon_and_an  640px-Bactrian_camel_MET_DP-14200-001.jp 

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3677452

They had a VERY interesting concept of 'energy work' and spiritually, going waaaay  back , possibly to the Ice Age  and earlier 'Homelands' in Siberia .

10 hours ago, Nungali said:

Before the Persians became Persians  ( ie, the Persian ancestors ) they lived in  south Central Asia area extending east through the Pamirs ( 'The Roof of the World' )  ... where they located ' Airyana Vaeja'  ( a type of 'paradise homeland ' ) towards Tibet . While the Tibetans  thought similar ( Shamballa) was to the east  ( Pamirs or Zang Zung ) .

So you mean Zang Zung is the legendary Shamballa for ancestor of Persian ancestors and Tibetans ?

10 hours ago, Master Logray said:

So you mean Zang Zung is the legendary Shamballa for ancestor of Persian ancestors and Tibetans ?

No .

I mean  there seems good evidence  .... to me ....  that the Zoroastrian homeland  ' Airyana Vaeja'  was located in Pamir area .  In a few legend , wise men and knowledge come from the east .... in that direction .

Shamballa has been planted all over the place , it varies . Some say its in Zang Zung, some say north of Tibet some say west .  Miwoe bought wisdom from that area ( the west , 'Tagzig' - Tajikistan - Pamir area  ) when Tibet  and Zang Zung were still 'savage' .

However I see these  legends as layered ,   BOTH of those 'higher' teachings  ( Zoroaster's reforms and Miwoe's mission into the east ) potentially having a source in Siberian Bo  and  that tradition being centred around Lake Biakal ,   an Ice Age Refugia -  a 'Garden of Eden ' surrounded by ice .   The old parts of the  Vedas and Avestas are also potentially layered , ie, a compendium of oral knowledge from different times  ( some times mixed up )  . Both have references to changing climate , very deep impassable snow and ice,  polar locations , etc .

So it might be the same place for both , in the Pamir Mts or nearby   or a legendary memory going way back  to lake Biakal.

I have extensive posts around on both subjects, citing  scriptural hints, descriptions, comparisons, imagery , etc .

I know someone who has been visited by Jesus, and he told me that he had a voice that was of a kindness not of this world.

In the New Testament Jesus states very clearly that he has come to take away our shame and guilt.

Jesus also quotes scripture and says that it is written that we are all God's. 

I Havent read this topic properly, and dont go on computer much these days, so may not be able to reply soon, if anyone quotes me :)