old3bob

What if your teacher is too advanced for you?

1 hour ago, CozySpace said:

What if the student is too advanced for the teacher?

Sounds like a lot of youngsters I know. I am not being judgmental, but rather in awe of their comfort with technology :) but worried somewhat with their socialization. 

Maybe I am holding a mirrow to my realized faults and unrealized fears?

2 hours ago, old3bob said:

well besides "advanced" many decent people fell hard for fakes like Osho,  (and dozens of others over the years) thus the sheep will not always remain so among the wolves.

Ahh... I see  Osho was was too advanced for you  , with his tricky confusing inscrutable  multiple level teachings . 

:) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

Ahh... I see  Osho was was too advanced for you  , with his tricky confusing inscrutable  multiple level teachings . 

:) 

no, but there was the careless and stupid death of his broken hearted girlfriend, the poisoning of people in a small town in Oregon by his underlings, and his multiple Rolls Royce vehicles paid for by ripping off the sheep who fell for him, but of course a renaissance guy like Nungali knows all that.

It's amazing that a great many people don't know the facts and history of Osho!  (a name change for the con man Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh who ruined a lot of lives and to keep selling co-opted, "New age" types of books and materials . Btw I'm no expert on the facts like I imagine Cobie could be from first hand experience)

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1

So another way to ask is if the Sun is to advanced of a teacher or Being for the Earth, obviously yes unless she is at a distance and has an electro-magnetic force field, atmosphere, rotation and other factors to cut down on the UV..  

Fortunately a great master has a human vehicle to use to moderate force for other Beings in comparison to the sun.

Edited by old3bob

8 hours ago, Cobie said:

I was one of them.

Sorry to hear that, he did have some deep insights. I got a lot out of a few of his books, When the Shoe Fits in particular. The documentary about him on Netflix was quite eye-opening for me and well done.

22 hours ago, old3bob said:

no, but there was the careless and stupid death of his broken hearted girlfriend, the poisoning of people in a small town in Oregon by his underlings, and his multiple Rolls Royce vehicles paid for by ripping off the sheep who fell for him, but of course a renaissance guy like Nungali knows all that.

I know more about ALL of that , than you can imagine   ;)  .

I would explain more, but I have to  'nip off'  ,  do a painting and then design a basilica whilst calculating the trajectory of Mercury  .

titian-portrait-of-giulio-romano-wga2294

Edited by Nungali
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, old3bob said:

It's amazing that a great many people don't know the facts and history of Osho!  (a name change for the con man Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh who ruined a lot of lives and to keep selling co-opted, "New age" types of books and materials . Btw I'm no expert on the facts like I imagine Cobie could be from first hand experience)

Its amazing to me that some think his original name was  Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh   :D 

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

I know more about ALL of that , than you can imagine   ;)  .

I would explain more, but I have to  'nip off'  ,  do a painting and then design a basilica whilst calculating the trajectory of Mercury  

titian-portrait-of-giulio-romano-wga2294

and will you please straighten up the tower of Pizza while you are nipping about,

download.jpg.8411b04b363a04288316c83ec056b359.jpg

Edited by old3bob

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

Its amazing to me that some think his original name was  Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh   :D 

surely if they knew of the Bhagwan moniker besides the Osho one then more than likely they also knew of any other ones, 

Edited by old3bob

Spoiler

ready guides

familiar spirits

inner voices

and bums

Edited by zerostao

8 hours ago, zerostao said:
  Hide contents

ready guides

familiar spirits

inner voices

and bums

I once asked an unfamiliar bum if it was possible to be guided to familiar spirits (Chivas regal perchance) not applicable said my inner voice.

YMMV

1 hour ago, natural said:

I once asked an unfamiliar bum if it was possible to be guided to familiar spirits (Chivas regal perchance) not applicable said my inner voice.

YMMV

A bum that I hope is doing well, preferred the eighteen year old Chivas regal.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, zerostao said:

A bum that I hope is doing well, preferred the eighteen year old Chivas regal.

You are alright in my book!

Should we ever meet up on this side, I have an inherited bottle I guess is going on 50 years on top of the 18, we might explore?  ; )

I pulled it out and the original label is for 12 years old product but faded Maryland tax stamps lead me to think it is pretty old.

Edited by natural
  • Like 1

Oh, and for the record, it's better to be lucky, as I am than to rely on doing well, not that I have a problem with that.

Go figure HUH?

When a student is looking for a teacher, there are some qualities that a teacher possesses. When the teacher does not respond it means there is something more to be done or something is not been done by the student. It is time to recheck and work on the path taking care of each and every detail. Shraddha is a quality which means steadfastness in the path. 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 2:42 AM, old3bob said:

What if your teacher is too advanced for you?  

comments?

Learning is like climbing a tall mountain; when you give it all of your efforts, ascend to the peak, only to realize you are at the foundation of another mountain which is twice as tall and twice as sharp as the one you have previously climbed.

The problem is until you have climbed the first mountain, you cannot even perceive the second one. It is not visible.

You can only tell whether a teacher is advanced if you see the whole thing. You can never tell how good a university professor at maths is if you cannot count to 10.

Unfortunately, many public teachers are not interested in climbing any mountain; they sit deep in a warm swamp and drag people into delusional fog producing mindless thralls that run around and try to praise and elevate the cult leader by any means possible. "That is where the gossip about imaginary siddhi, qualities and attainments comes from."

• Like 2