Sign in to follow this  
Apech

Ancestry DNA

My brother had his DNA analysed and it seems my family are ridiculously British:

625ea762ea594_ScreenShot2022-04-19at13_11_24.png.f213c3fab8cbc4c461b517422c9c35c9.png

57% English

17% Scottish

11% Irish

7% Wales

6% Norway

2% Sweden and Denmark

... I am a living example of the last 1500 years of British history ... 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Wow that's fascinating isn't it?  Have you considered doing your own? 

They can vary quite a bit from sibling to sibling.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, silent thunder said:

So true, the variation that can occur can be very mind boggling, or so i am told.

3 hours ago, silent thunder said:

How is that possible, though? 🤔 Given that "full" siblings stem from the exact same lineage!

27 minutes ago, Michael Sternbach said:

How is that possible, though? 🤔 Given that "full" siblings stem from the exact same lineage!

Variations in individual sperm and eggs result in a roll of the dice as to how much of each influence is expressed in any given individual.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Variations in individual sperm and eggs result in a roll of the dice as to how much of each influence is expressed in any given individual.

Which means that, in a manner of speaking, the ethnic cards are being reshuffled with each conception.

Interesting!

Given that about most of our DNA officially has no function, there may actually be a huge range of variation possible in a family.

"The genetic divergence between the dog's ancestor and modern wolves occurred between 20,000 and 40,000 years agohttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_the_domestic_dog

So 40 000 years is enough to produce Chihuahuas and Great Danes from a common ancestor.

Imagine what 40 000 years could do to the human format.  

12 hours ago, Michael Sternbach said:

because most 'ancestry dna' type  results are BS !

All these VERY obvious looking Aboriginal people here went for it and got results from all over the place  with 0 aboriginal dna present .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Apech said:

My brother had his DNA analysed and it seems my family are ridiculously British:

I knew you where ridiculous  , but I didnt realise it was genetic  and through your whole family !

56 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I knew you where ridiculous  , but I didnt realise it was genetic  and through your whole family !

pure blood

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

All these VERY obvious looking Aboriginal people here went for it and got results from all over the place  with 0 aboriginal dna present .

The thought did occur to me... 🤔

14 hours ago, Nungali said:

Plus these companies just want to sell your genetic disorder risk data to health insurance companies. Don’t fall for the scam

There’s a lot of ethno jealously in this world - I can’t help being an indo aryan aristocrat!

Sign in to follow this