James22

mopaineikung.com is it legit?

4 minutes ago, Iliketurtles said:

John put it in his letters to Jim it's canon as far as I am concerned. 

John broke his oath to Liao to not teach non-Chinese, which is why May Yung Chen was upset with John.

Ok so you believe that. No problem.

Why do you think it took so many years for said spirit to get upset and do that? Surely such a powerful spirit could  (or rather would) have done that prior to the fact.

So was said spirit upset because of the non Chinese? or because of something else? Jim claimed to have been around that spirit right?

12 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

Ok so you believe that. No problem.

Why do you think it took so many years for said spirit to get upset and do that? Surely such a powerful spirit could  (or rather would) have done that prior to the fact.

So was said spirit upset because of the non Chinese? or because of something else? Jim claimed to have been around that spirit right?

I believe that is what John actually told Jim. 

I don't know if it is true.

5 minutes ago, Iliketurtles said:

I believe that is what John actually told Jim. 

I don't know if it is true.

Let us examine it a bit further though...I think we can come to some sort of conclusion

So May came to visit John every New year right? He was upset that John admitted westerners, yet took him years to express and act on this

Any idea why that might be? Could it be, perhaps...that it was the result of certain peoples actions, and had nothing to do with westerners per se, until after the fact when said actions were attributed to "westerners"?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Iliketurtles said:

I think the buns forum is the best place for such discussion.

Why? Im not trolling you am I? (I've no such interest)

Im not being disrespectful am I?

Why be a forum member here, then encourage what could be an interesting discussion to take place elsewhere. I think a few people could do with an understanding of the conditions that led to the current situation

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

Why? Im not trolling you am I? (I've no such interest)

Im not being disrespectful am I?

Why be a forum member here, then encourage what could be an interesting discussion to take place elsewhere. I think a few people could do with an understanding of the conditions that led to the current situation

Because I think anyone who has ever seen a Mo Pai thread on this forum understands quite well how they all go. 

Nothing good will come from trying to do it here, other than people getting banned when the thread reaches page 100.

The buns forum was set up specifically to accommodate that sort of discussion without disrupting this forum.

It is a win win as far as I can see.

Because I think anyone who has ever seen a Mo Pai thread on this forum understands quite well how they all go. 

Nothing good will come from trying to do it here, other than people getting banned when the thread reaches page 100.

The buns forum was set up specifically to accommodate that sort of discussion without disrupting this forum.

It is a win win as far as I can see.

I read plenty of good MP threads on here both before and after I was a member. Granted a few got out of hand, pitted or descended into chaos...They dont all have to

I dont plan on taking this to page 100...

Im just asking some questions.....Im not screaming that you're lying or whatnot...no interest in it

Just now, Shadow_self said:

I read plenty of good MP threads on here both before and after I was a member. Granted a few got out of hand, pitted or descended into chaos...They dont all have to

I dont plan on taking this to page 100...

Im just asking some questions.....Im not screaming that you're lying or whatnot...no interest in it

Buns or none bro.

Buns or none bro.

Yes no, I prefer to remain on forums where people can benefit from the discussion :) If it was a case of just having a two way discussion, a PM would have been sufficient

Anyway, it seems my question has already raised an important point...

Why is there a narrative that it is the case that people cannot join the indonesian school because of geography, when it is clear there is something else at play

There's another important question or two as well...one is regarding the timing of connection to the earth..I think I hinted at it earlier...

John literally told Jim, I broke my oath not to teach non-Chinese, I got called out on it, I was removed as the head of the school and barred from teaching anyone further for it. 

I don't know what more to say here, if it was really because Andreas and Kostas hit the bong too much and robbed some banks and beat up some old Indonesian ladies I have no idea. 

I only know what John's letters to Jim say. 

As to the mechanics of grounding I think such discussions need to stay private between actual students, and not out in the open where they can cause more problems.

Any time shop gets talked out in the open it leads to the "wire in your butt" phenomenon that comes up in virtually every mo pai thread.

Edited by Iliketurtles

12 minutes ago, Iliketurtles said:

John literally told Jim, I broke my oath not to teach non-Chinese, I got called out on it, I was removed as the head of the school and barred from teaching anyone further for it. 

I don't know what more to say here, if it was really because Andreas and Kostas hit the bong too much and robbed some banks and beat up some old Indonesian ladies I have no idea. 

I only know what John's letters to Jim say. 

As to the mechanics of grounding I think such discussions need to stay private between actual students, and not out in the open where they can cause more problems.

Any time shop gets talked out in the open it leads to the "wire in your butt" phenomenon that comes up in virtually every mo pai thread.

Im glad you said that you dont know if it is true...Because here is what Jim said

I received a letter from my teacher (2005). He finally admitted to me that he was finished with teaching
and was no longer able to help anyone. He bid me farewell with no direction, no help in finding someone
to replace him, or anything!

Odd....

End of 2006....seems he was of help people after 2005...Pretty sure Edward was not Chinese....

Again I have met people who claim all sorts of things Shadow, that does not make them true.

If that post is true, then John deliberately lied to Jim.

I tend to think of John as being the truthful party, and not some rando on the internet, but I am biased.

Edited by Iliketurtles

1 hour ago, Iliketurtles said:

Again I have met people who claim all sorts of things Shadow, that does not make them true.

If that post is true, then John deliberately lied to Jim.

I tend to think of John as being the truthful party, and not some rando on the internet, but I am biased.

Have you ever heard the phrase half truth? It applies here.

Moreover...heres a better question. Have you any evidence it was John who even wrote that letter?

14 minutes ago, Iliketurtles said:

I think that discussion is best continued on the buns forum.

Why?

Im not judging you based on your answer...Like I said, just a few questions...they are fairly benign questions at that

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't most of Johns communication in English performed by others?

3 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

Why?

Im not judging you based on your answer...Like I said, just a few questions...they are fairly benign questions at that

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't most of Johns communication in English performed by others?

See above post please.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Iliketurtles said:

See above post please.

Please dont troll me.

I said no...this is the forum Im choosing to discuss these things on. Nobody is insulting you or threatening you. There are others who might want to partcipate in the conversation and Im not taking an interesting line of discussion off TDB without a good reason

If you dont want to talk about it no problem...That doesn't invalidate the questions im asking ( and points im hinting at)

• Like 1

As I've explained it's best not to do this here, and I've explained why. 

The buns forum is the only option for the conversation to happen that I know of.

Best wishes to you.

6 minutes ago, Iliketurtles said:

As I've explained it's best not to do this here, and I've explained why. 

The buns forum is the only option for the conversation to happen that I know of.

Best wishes to you.

Not really...the discussion can take place without you :)  Thats fine like I said

Your reasoning for moving it is based on bias to be honest. Hardly a good impetus

• Like 1

Right so this thread goes on until people get banned, that's how it will play out. 

The buns forum is specifically set up to allow for 100, or even 1000 page "discussions" without upsetting the community here.

That's where the discussion should happen, for the reasons stated above.

It's a win win for everyone involved.

Edited by Iliketurtles

Hey Turtles—or do you prefer Donatello, Michelangelo, Raphael, or Leonardo? 😜

The politics of Jim’s death are indeed sad and the vultures benefiting from him are appalling in how they’re ripping people off for absurd amounts of money.

I think this gives more context to everyone how your group would like to preserve Jim’s work as reverence for him more than just your ideological and utilitarian views.

Anyway, I don’t have beef with you or your group. MegaMind, I did, but even then, I am not interested in revisiting an old argument with him. 

I do have to say at a glance, this is one of the more cordial discussions. Of course, it is your own decision to continue here or even on the buns (okay, that sounds kinky…).

Happy weekend dude!

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Hey Turtles—or do you prefer Donatello, Michelangelo, Raphael, or Leonardo? 😜

The politics of Jim’s death are indeed sad and the vultures benefiting from him are appalling in how they’re ripping people off for absurd amounts of money.

I think this gives more context to everyone how your group would like to preserve Jim’s work as reverence for him more than just your ideological and utilitarian views.

Anyway, I don’t have beef with you or your group. MegaMind, I did, but even then, I am not interested in revisiting an old argument with him. 

I do have to say at a glance, this is one of the more cordial discussions. Of course, it is your own decision to continue here or even on the buns (okay, that sounds kinky…).

Happy weekend dude!

Venus De Milo because rule 34.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Iliketurtles said:

Venus De Milo because rule 34.

Here ya go, Venus:

Spoiler

On 06/03/2022 at 8:59 AM, Shadow_self said:

John told Jim a lot of things...sure

So the story goes....a spirit came,  kicked John's ass, and told him no you cannot teach anymore. I wont comment on whether or not I believe that to be the truth of the matter

But lets say I did believe it...Why did the spirit kick Johns ass?

Well , some spirits just seemed designed for that function

Ill_dict_infernal_p0139-123_buer.jpg