Sign in to follow this  
helpfuldemon

The Abyss

47 minutes ago, helpfuldemon said:

Some of you people disgust me.

For disagreeing with you? You must have a weak stomach then given how much disagreement is necessary for dialogue and growth. Being challenged is important for expanding what you understand and especially what you claim, and you’re making a lot of bold claims. 

Keep in mind I’m not arguing, I’m discussing and I have no horse in this race, nor do the others posting in response either see it as a race either.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, helpfuldemon said:

Some of you people disgust me.

Because we dont pander to your prejudices ?

If you remember back to when you first started posting here, it mostly about your feelings and your difficulties you have with mental health and stability . That was fine , and people responded in a helpful way , or tried to be helpful .

But then YOU warped it and started putting esoteric terms on to your experience and insisting your experience was THE valid definition of those esoteric terms  and then advising US , who where formerly sympathetic to your condition on these subjects that you seem totally confused about and some of us a fairly well learned in .

Then , of course, you started 'playing the posting game '  ( evasion, distraction, not answering relevant questions , etc . )

Do you realise how many times we have seen this pattern ?

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, helpfuldemon said:

It doesn't matter, I've said my two cents.  It really shouldn't surprise me if people don't understand or believe.

If you say so. :D

1 hour ago, helpfuldemon said:

It doesn't matter, I've said my two cents.  It really shouldn't surprise me if people don't understand or believe.

There are experiences that one may go through in this life and any attempt to convince others or even speak about it will not always be apropos in a public forum. Especially, if language is not precisely clarified and defined. Perhaps your experiences are best shared with someone other than this forum! 

There are warnings in many writings as to why one should not mess with certain energies or lust for dangerous experiences and so forth. Heed ones that have gone before you and know the warnings are genuine. Take it from me, I have had experiences that I would not recommend for the uninitiated.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, helpfuldemon said:

Ohhhh we understand  all right !  

You aint the first puppy in this rodeo .

• Like 3

I do. And also I say  we understand the subjects you mentioned and alluded to . Your problem seems to be that you present your personal and unique take on certain things pertaining to your own psyche and then attribute them to those things . When we say, no, that is not the correct definition of those things and processes , you seem to think we are denying your experiences or not understanding the things YOU are attributing them to .  You cant seem to get this , so i will offer an example .

A;   I wake up each morning with a stiff neck , I think I have impetigo .

B;  Impetigo is a skin rash / syndrome.  You probably got a sore neck in the morning from the way you are sleeping , try changing your pillow .

A ; No. Its impetigo .....  impetigo means a sore neck. You dont understand me nor believe what is happening to me .

A; (being 'nice' ) Ummmm, no, stop being stupid,  read up on it, get an education, and try and address and fix what is actually causing the suffering .

OR

A ( being an arsehole )   Ohhh , you probably right , here rub some of this impetigo ointment on your neck ( he he he ) .

• Like 3

On 1/18/2022 at 4:34 PM, helpfuldemon said:

only 2 cents is pretty darn cheap.  How many times have you said thanks (at least with the little icon)  in multiple posts to people sharing whatever they shared?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m getting a vibe, something occurred to me.

Why do people have a need to impress other people? I’ve definitely been there myself. Now I’ve gone past that stage and I’m just way better than everyone else here.

• Confused 1

I didn't post this to impress anyone, though some people might think that by saying I have entered the Abyss that I am proclaiming some sort of advanced degree of understanding, that is not the case with me.  I posted here because I am sharing what I have experienced, and what I have experienced I wouldn't wish on anyone.  It seems like a useless thing, what has happened to me, and I can't say what it means.  I sometimes think of it as a test of wisdom, but I realized that I am not much different nor knowledgeable than I was prior to it.  I made it a test of wisdom, really it was just a bunch of maddening hallucinations but I set out on a goal prior to its beginning, and had to complete it.  The only thing I can wonder about is what these wires in my brain are for, perhaps there is some benefit to my health or afterlife but I have no evidence of that, so I just say its nothing you want.  Yes, I have my evidence of a God, but that is little consolation for the years lost, and I am no more informed on who this God is and what He wants than anyone else.  Better just to be a religious person with blind faith IMO.  All I can really say is theres something out there, and its motives are suspect.  Be careful what you choose to believe.

I can only speak for myself. I don’t think it’s a good thing, this needing or desiring to impress other people. I think I’m mostly past it. I also think I want to be liked and well thought of. So probably, I’m not past it. It’s a journey.

21 hours ago, cosmic4z said:

I’m getting a vibe, something occurred to me.

Why do people have a need to impress other people? I’ve definitely been there myself. Now I’ve gone past that stage and I’m just way better than everyone else here.

You are ?

Wow .........   I'm impressed !

• Haha 2

On 1/21/2022 at 6:08 PM, cosmic4z said:

I can only speak for myself. I don’t think it’s a good thing, this needing or desiring to impress other people. I think I’m mostly past it. I also think I want to be liked and well thought of. So probably, I’m not past it. It’s a journey.

That's interesting to me, I've never thought about what other people think of me, I just do my best and leave the rest up to fate.

10 minutes ago, helpfuldemon said:

That's interesting to me, I've never thought about what other people think of me, I just do my best and leave the rest up to fate.

I think it may well be a common human tendency. Like we have an idea, how we think other people perceive us (which is not the same as how others actually perceive us, if they’re thinking about us at all). Which I don’t imagine they are (thinking about us), because we’re just not significant to them, such that we would justify them paying us anything more than a passing thought.

Still, our concern that others think well of us, this can influence us in ways that may not be obvious.

I know this, because I recognise the trait in myself.

I'm trying to point something out, in a round about way, perhaps I'm being too obtuse and indirect though.

Also, it occurs to me, a person who walks in to a cinema half way through the showing of a film, and after only viewing that film for 2 minutes, well, perhaps he's not in such a great position to pass any kind of judgement on the film in question.

Sign in to follow this