Daniel

Do right and wrong / good and evil exist

On 06/01/2022 at 1:03 PM, manitou said:

I'm ready.

IF  .... that is right , I am too .     IF  this is all there is and after one life .... oblivion and no more .... okay , I had one life and it was really good life , so I am thankful for that .

( However that is not my ' belief system ' . )

19 hours ago, Nungali said:

You are not buying it  ? 

:huh:

Ummmmm .... you 'started it  '  with your own  ' just second hand hear-say'  ;

Unless you can cite where in Buddhism  it teaches   "samsara properly understood is Nirvana"..  ?

my wording was off somewhat but similar in paraphrasing Nagarjuna...(Btw I'm not a Buddhist although I appreciate much of it's teachings and sects, but the Upanishads are the bottom line in teachings for me.)

"Nagarjuna’s dialectic revealed the shunya or emptiness of all discursive, worldly thought and its proliferating categories.

For the Madhyamikas, whatever can be conceptualized is therefore relative, and whatever is relative is shunya, empty. Since absolute inconceivable truth is also shunya, shunyata or the void is shared by both Samsara and Nirvana. Ultimately, Nirvana truly realized is Samsara properly understood. The fully realized Bodhisattva, the enlightened Buddha who renounces the Dharmakaya vesture to remain at the service of suffering beings, recognizes this radical transcendental equivalence. The Arhant and the Pratyeka Buddha, who look to their own redemption and realization, are elevated beyond any conventional description, but nonetheless do not fully realize or freely embody this highest truth. Thus for the Madhyamikas, the Bodhisattva ideal is the supreme wisdom, showing the unqualified unity of unfettered metaphysics and transcendent ethics, theoria and praxis, at the highest conceivable level."

And I'd also quote that "Ultimately" (in Buddhist teachings) and long before Nagarjuna there is Udāna 8.3, which could be seen through the lens of Nagarjuna's saying above...

"There is, Oh Monks, a not-born, a not-become, a not-made, a not-compounded. Monks, if that unborn, not-become, not-made, not-compounded were not, there would be no escape from this here that is born, become, made and compounded.”

— Buddha

Edited by old3bob

On 1/7/2022 at 4:13 PM, Nungali said:

However that is not my ' belief system ' . )

I no longer have one of those

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nungali said:

Did you misplace it ?

It was crowded out by absolutely nothing. :lol:

Edited by manitou
  • Haha 2