forestofemptiness

Telekinesis, Remote Viewing, Out of Body

Yes , it was myself looking down at my imagined * tiny self  down in the cracks between the floor tiles.

*  ' extension of self '  /    'part of self'   ? 

I feel like you just need ego to move stuff, don’t even need proper telekinesis techniques. I wouldn’t even bother with perception, just ego is enough. Saying you moved things without having seen them moved them at all. Imagination also works, but it seems a bit hurtful to do work with your imagination. Mind just has a hard time avoiding the skull/it doesn’t communicate, that’s basically telekinesis. That’s why I think ego is better, ego doesn’t consider any prior causes as important and it doesn’t mess with any logical extremes either. Unreality at the very least is very easy to consider with ego and only expands the mind.

It works, drowsiness helps me a lot but I think that has to do with my own fevers. I guess from an esper’s point of view you wouldn’t even consider moving the object as important, just ego. It’s an odd sense of dominance to consider. Like the worlds course of events isn’t important, just ego.

It just feels a bit awful is all, almost like your mind loses significance because ego could be doing all the work. Rest becomes important but not as rest, more like literal rest/the need to sleep.

If I was to describe it, it’s like ego has too much control, it’s a weird fever to describe. Like you need to go to sleep badly but don’t have insomnia to go to sleep with.

Otherwise, Telekinesis seems to really mess with the chemical perception of safety, it’s like you can start accidentally throwing bricks at yourself/the environment becomes more of a hazard. Self control becomes a real need rather than an option, it’s not a bad cycle though. I just don’t think self control is the right choice, thinking of better options

Better ways to get started maybe? moving clouds instead of paper seems nice. They’re moving anyways, they probably don’t mind the interaction. It won’t stress memory at least unlike moving things that haven’t gone anywhere. Might net some merit as well, heaven might reward those who move clouds in their free time.

A cold ego is a healthy one seems to be the best advice overall, seems to at least head in unique directions rather than a mass mind.

Edited by Mithras

My friend who is a Reiki teacher/reiki master teacher can bend spoons through channeling energy. (I had read the thread about Reiki and have no idea if it is or can be a trustworthy practice, but she isn't making it up or fabricating it.) As far as all of the other esoteric stuff regarding consciously living in a way to induce lucid dreams, obe's, astral projection, etc... I think it's wonderful to open our minds to realize how limited our views of reality are growing up in our cultural or psychological conditioning... but it can be quite a false allure messing with these things. And you can't necessarily turn them on and off very easily too if they start happening regularly.

I'm sure they have their values, especially within the context of the guidance of a qualified teacher in a system where the techniques are used for clear purposes... but otherwise I would be very wary of thinking it a worthwhile route to pursue haphazardly.

7 hours ago, TranquilTurmoil said:

My friend who is a Reiki teacher/reiki master teacher can bend spoons through channeling energy

I would be aware of someone who claims they can bend spoons. It’s such a simple and common magic trick.

Unless they can bend it just by looking at it without ever touching or holding the spoon at all I wouldn’t take their claim seriously.

I am not sure how bending metal and moving solid objects promotes the welfare of the planet

• Thanks 2

*I should clarify, she is just my friend (not a mentor) whom I met as she is the girlfriend of one of my childhood best friends (and he is a very conventional person!), other than having one reiki session with her a year and a half ago. Reiki Teacher/master teacher is just the title they give to people in Reiki who learn it as far as I understand... she isn't a spiritual teacher whom I'm promoting. And after re-reading the last comments on the Reiki thread on the Taoist subforum, I would strongly discourage anyone from practicing Reiki.

I only shared that bit because the thread was curious about telekinesis, it is not very important for people to believe it, and I agree that other than defying conventional laws of physics to people, I'm not sure how it could serve any purpose other than entertainment. _/\_

Edited by TranquilTurmoil

On 11/3/2021 at 6:30 PM, forestofemptiness said:

Anyone doing any weird new age stuff? I decided to play around with OBE as an extension of lucid dreaming, and it has led me down some weird rabbit holes. 

Both lucid dreaming and astral travel are Ancient Arts; they have been practiced for thousands of years.
It is more truthful to call new age - schools that do not include such training into the curriculum.
The world around us is much more than it seems to an observer stuck inside a physical body, on the lowest level of consciousness possible.

5 hours ago, TranquilTurmoil said:

it is not very important for people to believe it, and I agree that other than defying conventional laws of physics to people

It does not defy any laws of physics. It only shows ignorance of school-level physics. Ask yourself why they bend spoons and not other shapes of metal.

• Like 1