Sign in to follow this  
Nuralshamal

My experience with Zhongxian Wu (Master Wu)

Dear Dao Bums,

I will share my experience with Master Zhongxian Wu (known as Master Wu).

I will share my experiences in the following points:

1) Overview of what of his qigong I've done

2) General overview of my impression of his systems
3) Big positive suprises with his system
4) Small negative aspects I've noticed over the years
5) Summary
6) Conclusion

Overview of his qigong I've done
I've practiced many of his forms and meditations, namely:
a) fire dragon meridian qigong,
b ) shamanic cosmic orbit qigong,
c) talisman qigong and healing,
d) TuGuNaXing ("blow out the old, take in the new" which is his preferred alchemical meditation), 
e) Stretching exercises for acheiving the lotus position
f) and many more

General overview of his systems
He teaches different systems, namely:

a) Emei Qigong 

b ) Dai Xin Yi

c)  Tai Ji
d) Wudang Dragon Gate 

The Emei is more "spiritual" in nature in my opinion, as in this school you connect to the lineage through mantras, mudras and talismans, and thereby gain access to universal energy as well as the energy of the lineage. It is then through this connection you further your own energy, by plugging in to a larger container.

My impression is that the Wudang Dragon Gate is a more "mainstream" qigong, meaning that it focuses more on stretching and strengthening the physical body, with a heavy focus on the lower dan tien and increasing health and vitality.

Big positive surprises with his systems
I was very surprised that no matter what he does, it works! Calligraphy, music, mantras, qigong, meditation, drinking tea, no matter what he teaches, there is a large amount of qi transmission taking place.

There really is a possibility of cultivating your jing, qi and shen, your body, energy and spirit, through things such as calligraphy, drinking tea, playing music. This was a big positive surprise.

The same goes for his healing methods; all these methods can be used for healing as well. And it works! Even though you don't have powerful qi yourself, by connecting to the lineage through mantras, mudras and talismans, you can get extra qi.

Small negative aspects I've noticed over the years
The first thing is that he doesn't always answer people's questions. This can be very frustrating. It's a two way street: you need to prove yourself to him, only then will he consider your questions.

The second thing I've noticed which is very strange, is that people meeting him for the first time tend not to like him. His long time students worship him, because they know he is for real. He has qi, he has knowledge, and if you keep at it, he can really "deliver the goods". However, for some reason, people who don't know him tend to dislike him, e.g. when going to their first course or workshop with him.

This is in stark contrast to other spiritual teachers I've met. Here everyone who meets them simply likes them for no reason.

Summary

He is a legit master, he teaches the real thing, and whatever he teaches works. He has the knowledge, experience, qi, skills, lineage and transmission to take you all the way from the body, to the energy, to the spirit, and to connect with the universe.

The negative aspects are that he is quite expensive, can disregard people's questions, people tend not to like him in the beginning, and he surprises everyone with the amounts of meat and alcohol he ingests.

Conclusion
If you're looking to experience qi directly, his qi transmission is legit. If you're more into the spiritual side of things, go with Emei and learn the mantras, mudras and talismans. If you're more into the physical and vitalizing aspects of qigong, go for his Wudang Dragon Gate Qigong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The negative aspects are that he is quite expensive

Why do people pay courtesan prices with supposedly genuine spiritual teachers?

All the really accomplished and dedicated teachers I've met and heard about disregard money as fairly unimportant, hence there is no relationship based on money which really would cheapen the nature of the spiritual practice even.

Edited by virtue
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, virtue said:

All the really accomplished and dedicated teachers I've met and heard about disregard money as fairly unimportant, hence there is no relationship based on money which really would cheapen the nature of the spiritual practice even.

I’ve come across a few very high level teachers that charge ridiculous amounts…

From what I understand, some teachers only want to teach people with means - it’s like a way of disqualifying those that wouldn’t be able to quit work and dedicate themselves… and it decreases the number of students - which is a huge drain on genuine teachers.

In all honesty I really disliked this approach and felt a bit weird meeting with one such teacher.

But I did meet him - he’s genuine and exceptionally accomplished. I visited his house, and he was obviously well off, but wasn’t flaunting wealth. Later one of his students told me that high prices is his way of quickly sifting through prospective students. He was already very wealthy from running a big business - and all the money from teaching was funnelled into various causes he supported.

But I couldn’t afford more than a couple of meetings with him 😄

• Thanks 1

To his defense, he also has begun making "donation-based" online practices during the pandemic to help people out.

Furthermore, from stories he's told, in his beginning years of learning qigong, he did many healings and teachings completely for free.

But yes, like you said @virtue it's definitively something to be aware of. That's why I included it in my experience; to help guide others to make the best choices for themselves :)

That's what I think makes the best "my experience of" posts. To give as nuanced and as objective as possible descriptions, to help others out.

Hi. How you receive teachings from the master Wu? And what was the practices of Ermei that you had classes? I would like to had some experience in his system. How can i rceive instruction on it? Thanks.

@moreira Filho thanks for your posts :D

https://chinesewisdomtraditions.com/events/ 

If you go to his schedule on his webpage, which is called chinesewisdomtraditions.com (I linked it above). 

Then you can currently learn the Emei talisman qigong online (due to Corona).

He's currently doing "The Tiger Talisman Qigong" quite a lot, but also the "Mother of the Big Dipper Talisman Qigong".

The Tiger Talisman corresponds to "metal" qi. This includes the lungs, large intestine, skin, qi, navel, bones, joints, thighs and breathing. It's also connected to your immune system (killing bad qi, that's why it's called metal, it's sharp, purifying, cutting and killing bad things).

The "Mother of the Big Dipper Talisman" corresponds to the qi of the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. It corresponds to universal qi.

Those were just some very short and simplified explanations. You'll learn more in the class ;)

All the best! :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nuralshamal said:

@moreira Filho thanks for your posts :D

https://chinesewisdomtraditions.com/events/ 

If you go to his schedule on his webpage, which is called chinesewisdomtraditions.com (I linked it above). 

Then you can currently learn the Emei talisman qigong online (due to Corona).

He's currently doing "The Tiger Talisman Qigong" quite a lot, but also the "Mother of the Big Dipper Talisman Qigong".

The Tiger Talisman corresponds to "metal" qi. This includes the lungs, large intestine, skin, qi, navel, bones, joints, thighs and breathing. It's also connected to your immune system (killing bad qi, that's why it's called metal, it's sharp, purifying, cutting and killing bad things).

The "Mother of the Big Dipper Talisman" corresponds to the qi of the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. It corresponds to universal qi.

Those were just some very short and simplified explanations. You'll learn more in the class ;)

All the best! :)

thanks!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, moreira Filho said:

thanks!!!!!!!!

I made contat. They are very fast to answer. Unfortunatey for me only presencialinstruction on the Mother of the Big Dipper Talisman. Also maybe the cost to high for me (my local currency is much lower than the dollar). Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this