Nuralshamal

My experience with Simplified Kundalini Yoga (SKY) by Vethathiri Maharishi

Dear Dao Bums,

Here's my experience with the Simplified Kundalini Yoga by Vethathiri Maharishi.

I'll describe my experience in 4 parts:

1) Overview of the system
2) My personal experience
3) Summary
4) Conclusion

Overview of the system:

Simplified Kundalini Yoga is the creation of Vethathiri Maharishi. 

It includes the following:

a) transfer of energy from the master through touch, through the eyes and through the mind to open the chakras of the students (sparsa diksha, chakshu diksha and manodiksha)
b ) meditation (on the chakras as they're opened progressively, the stars and planets, the 5 elements,  the senses and finally the universal energy field and the universal absolute space)
c) tratak or gazing meditation (on a ghee lit earthen clay lamp and later on a mirror)
d) simplified physical yoga postures (asanas) and breathing exercises (pranayama)
e) transmutation of the sexual vital fluid through simplified kaya kalpa yoga (breathing and postures)
f) introspection and refinement of character (analysis of thoughts, moralization of desires, neutralization of anger, eradication of worries, self-realization, sex and spirituality, and finally how to achieve harmony in the family, workplace and in all relationships)

My personal experiences
This is the best spiritual system I've ever tried. 

I've tried everything under the sun: mantra meditation, pranayama, tibetan and buddhist tsa-lung and meditation, dream and sleep yoga, physical yoga exercises, sexual qigong, qigong meditation, standing meditation, sufi mantras and meditation, rituals (praying, fasting, giving food and charity), pilgrimages to holy places, vedanta, jnana/gyana yoga, psychological self development, sexual transmutation, semen retention, daoist lovemaking, gazing on the sun, moon and stars and much much more.

However, SKY still rules supreme as to the simplicity, power, effectiveness and practicality in all aspects.

From the very first day, from my initiation into the system (where your lifeforce is transferred from the root/muladhara chakra to the brow/agya chakra) my life was never the same.

That very first evening when I meditated after returning home from the initation, I had the deepest meditation of my life. My mind became still and peaceful, no thoughts or emotions, just pure and deep peace.

After the meditation I was extremely energized and full of power.

Furthermore, my sleep became the best it's ever been (and I've had life long issues with sleep).

Every single initiation (brow chakra, root chakra, crown chakra, the universal energy state, lamp gazing) keeps surprising me as to its power.

It just works. It's easy and simple, yet profoundly powerful.

Summary

SKY has been the best I've ever tried, and it keeps improving with every initiation.
Furthermore, it's a complete system. It has everything you need: physical, breathing, psychological and energetic exercises, improvement of character, meditation and transmutation of the sexual vital fluid.

Conclusion
If you're into meditation, definitively check SKY out. It has changed my life.

When I went to the first initiation, several seasoned meditators who've been meditating deeply and going on retreat yearly for the past 20+ years were also surprised at its power. They thought it sounded too easy... Yet it worked :D

SO! Check it out :) 

Be blessed

Edited by Nuralshamal
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Hi. Me again. Thanks for the info about the kaya kalpa yoga. it is realy very good. Where i can find more about the system (like te initiations and meditations)?

On 1.10.2022 at 5:06 AM, moreira Filho said:

Hi. Me again. Thanks for the info about the kaya kalpa yoga. it is realy very good. Where i can find more about the system (like te initiations and meditations)?

There are:

1) Simplified Physical Exercises (exercises for hands/arms, legs/feet, eyes, breathing/lungs, spine, acupressure and relaxation),

2) Meditation (all 7 chakras inside the body, 2 chakras outside the body, five senses, five elements and 9 planets, lamp meditation, mirror meditation, Divine state meditation, nityananda meditation),

3) Introspection (analyse thoughts, moralize desires, neutralize anger, eradicate worries, realize true self, harmony in relationships), and

4) Kaya Kalpa Yoga.

You can read more here: https://www.kundaliniyoga.edu.in/s/pages/skyyoga

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 7:07 PM, Nuralshamal said:

Dear Dao Bums,

Here's my experience with the Simplified Kundalini Yoga by Vethathiri Maharishi.

I'll describe my experience in 4 parts:

1) Overview of the system
2) My personal experience
3) Summary
4) Conclusion

Overview of the system:

Simplified Kundalini Yoga is the creation of Vethathiri Maharishi. 

It includes the following:

a) transfer of energy from the master through touch, through the eyes and through the mind to open the chakras of the students (sparsa diksha, chakshu diksha and manodiksha)
b ) meditation (on the chakras as they're opened progressively, the stars and planets, the 5 elements,  the senses and finally the universal energy field and the universal absolute space)
c) tratak or gazing meditation (on a ghee lit earthen clay lamp and later on a mirror)
d) simplified physical yoga postures (asanas) and breathing exercises (pranayama)
e) transmutation of the sexual vital fluid through simplified kaya kalpa yoga (breathing and postures)
f) introspection and refinement of character (analysis of thoughts, moralization of desires, neutralization of anger, eradication of worries, self-realization, sex and spirituality, and finally how to achieve harmony in the family, workplace and in all relationships)

My personal experiences
This is the best spiritual system I've ever tried. 

I've tried everything under the sun: mantra meditation, pranayama, tibetan and buddhist tsa-lung and meditation, dream and sleep yoga, physical yoga exercises, sexual qigong, qigong meditation, standing meditation, sufi mantras and meditation, rituals (praying, fasting, giving food and charity), pilgrimages to holy places, vedanta, jnana/gyana yoga, psychological self development, sexual transmutation, semen retention, daoist lovemaking, gazing on the sun, moon and stars and much much more.

However, SKY still rules supreme as to the simplicity, power, effectiveness and practicality in all aspects.

From the very first day, from my initiation into the system (where your lifeforce is transferred from the root/muladhara chakra to the brow/agya chakra) my life was never the same.

That very first evening when I meditated after returning home from the initation, I had the deepest meditation of my life. My mind became still and peaceful, no thoughts or emotions, just pure and deep peace.

After the meditation I was extremely energized and full of power.

Furthermore, my sleep became the best it's ever been (and I've had life long issues with sleep).

Every single initiation (brow chakra, root chakra, crown chakra, the universal energy state, lamp gazing) keeps surprising me as to its power.

It just works. It's easy and simple, yet profoundly powerful.

Summary

SKY has been the best I've ever tried, and it keeps improving with every initiation.
Furthermore, it's a complete system. It has everything you need: physical, breathing, psychological and energetic exercises, improvement of character, meditation and transmutation of the sexual vital fluid.

Conclusion
If you're into meditation, definitively check SKY out. It has changed my life.

When I went to the first initiation, several seasoned meditators who've been meditating deeply and going on retreat yearly for the past 20+ years were also surprised at its power. They thought it sounded too easy... Yet it worked :D

SO! Check it out :) 

Be blessed

Do you see light between the eyebrows?

6 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

Do you see light between the eyebrows?

Hey Chan Dao Ling,

Yes, after meditating for a while (it depends on the person how long it takes) you will see lights or other things when meditating.

If not at the beginning, then especially when you start the lamp and mirror gazing.

If you still don't see it with the lamp and mirror gazing, you will start seeing something when you reach the last stage of "divine state meditation".

Then you will see many things in meditation. Also in your dreams.

• Like 1

I've become a SKY master and have initiated about 20 people now.

Out of these 20 people, about 7 started having visions during the initation, and also when meditating at home. They also got messages in dreams.

They would see their past lives, glimpses of the future, symbols communicating messages to them, the energy/auras of people around them, dead relatives coming to visit them and giving them messages (during meditation) and much more.

I was personally very surprised, as I personally didn't experience this from the beginning. It comes after many years of practice. Also, these phenomenon weren't taught in the official SKY courses. Further, it wasn't everyone who experienced this, only some of them.

My current explanation is that it's due to positive karma from previous life times. There is already a strong seed for spiritual practice in these people (a vasana / samskara in sanskrit), so as soon as they get the boost of energy during the initiation, the seed sprouts immediately.

Compare this to other people who've never done any spiritual cultivation: for them, the initiation is the planting of a seed. They then need to water it themselves over time through daily practice and moral living.

I take it your question is an attempt to kind of "measure" the power of SKY compared to your previous knowledge of cultivation. The light emerging between the eyebrows is a stage well-described in qigong cultivation.

It's up to you what kind of cultivation you do. I have practiced SKY daily for 5 years and qigong daily for 7 years. For me the main difference is that qigong focuses more on standing meditation as well as standing exercises, whereas SKY focuses more on deep meditation from the very beginning.

From the people I've taught, I can see that people who are naturally drawn more to meditation, SKY can take them very deep very quickly. However, for more active and restless people, the more physically oriented qigong practices of standing meditation and standing qigong in general is a better starting point for them.

I've seen people regaining health and strength from both SKY and qigong.
I've seen people progressing spiritually from both SKY and qigong.
I've seen people coming into a more balanced life from both SKY and qigong.

So, both are great systems. It all comes down to the individual.

We're all different, therefore we need different things, so my best suggestion is to follow your own natural inclinations. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nuralshamal said:

I've become a SKY master and have initiated about 20 people now.

Out of these 20 people, about 7 started having visions during the initation, and also when meditating at home. They also got messages in dreams.

They would see their past lives, glimpses of the future, symbols communicating messages to them, the energy/auras of people around them, dead relatives coming to visit them and giving them messages (during meditation) and much more.

I was personally very surprised, as I personally didn't experience this from the beginning. It comes after many years of practice. Also, these phenomenon weren't taught in the official SKY courses. Further, it wasn't everyone who experienced this, only some of them.

My current explanation is that it's due to positive karma from previous life times. There is already a strong seed for spiritual practice in these people (a vasana / samskara in sanskrit), so as soon as they get the boost of energy during the initiation, the seed sprouts immediately.

Compare this to other people who've never done any spiritual cultivation: for them, the initiation is the planting of a seed. They then need to water it themselves over time through daily practice and moral living.

I take it your question is an attempt to kind of "measure" the power of SKY compared to your previous knowledge of cultivation. The light emerging between the eyebrows is a stage well-described in qigong cultivation.

It's up to you what kind of cultivation you do. I have practiced SKY daily for 5 years and qigong daily for 7 years. For me the main difference is that qigong focuses more on standing meditation as well as standing exercises, whereas SKY focuses more on deep meditation from the very beginning.

From the people I've taught, I can see that people who are naturally drawn more to meditation, SKY can take them very deep very quickly. However, for more active and restless people, the more physically oriented qigong practices of standing meditation and standing qigong in general is a better starting point for them.

I've seen people regaining health and strength from both SKY and qigong.
I've seen people progressing spiritually from both SKY and qigong.
I've seen people coming into a more balanced life from both SKY and qigong.

So, both are great systems. It all comes down to the individual.

We're all different, therefore we need different things, so my best suggestion is to follow your own natural inclinations. 

Thanks for answering.  I am practicing meditation on agna chakra i am having magnetic pressure some Times it will stay for more than 2 hours. But normally it will be around 34 min some Times it will come and go ( Magnetic pressure). Can you please tell me how long it will take to see light. Please see these websites shivabalayogi.org shivarudrabalayogi.org .tell your opinion

Edited by Chang dao ling

2 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

Thanks for answering.  I am practicing meditation on agna chakra i am having magnetic pressure some Times it will stay for more than 2 hours. But normally it will be around 34 min some Times it will come and go ( Magnetic pressure). Can you please tell me how long it will take to see light. Please see these websites shivabalayogi.org shivarudrabalayogi.org .tell your opinion

Yes, I've heard a lot about Shivabala yogi.

I depends on your vasanas and samskaras from your past life. For some it will happen within weeks, for others it will take years. 

However, what I can recommend is getting your agna chakra empowered routinely by a master. This greatly speeds up the process. The students I've taught get an empowerment every single time they come for meditation (I transfer energy to their chakra of meditation, e.g. agnya, muladhara or sahasrara , depending on how far along they are). This is how the SKY system does it.

The reason I've heard about Shivabala Yogi is because Steven Sai Sadleir (who's also a SKY master) learnt from both Shiva Bala Yogi, Vethathiri Maharishi and a kriya yoga guru. You can also see some of his videos if you wish, where he talks about what he learnt from each, his experiences with the sadhana and tapas they gave him etc.

I just went through the meditation page on the two weblinks you gave me, and I have a question for you:
1) Have you received a diksha/initiation by a living, physical guru physically touching your agnya chakra?

If yes, simply keep meditating and get empowerment routinely, it's a matter of time.
If no, I highly suggest getting an initation from an authentic guru. The guru provides the kick-start, without this kick-start, it could take much, much longer to see results.

My second question:
2) How long have you been meditating daily, and how much time do you meditate daily? (e.g. 1 year, 20 minutes per day, or 3 months 30 minutes per day etc)

If you answer these questions, I can more easily help you along and give better guidance :)

Be blessed by the Divine!

Edited by Nuralshamal
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Learner said:

https://youtu.be/rrIHto7V8Sc?si=lCQnsY-n7_LiyvK7

Can this video be followed to practice SKY yoga?

Yes, it's a full body exercise routine for anyone, effective for vitality and the first thing taught in their classes. It's designed to aid their meditation system. If you are into other internal arts, you might need to reconsider doing the Kapalabathi exercise at 29 minutes.