arthur

Full lotus > half lotus > crossed leg

So it is said that full lotus is 2x more powerful than half lotus and half lotus is 2x than crossed leg when it comes to meditation.

What's the reason for this? Lots of anecdote i've seen, but never any literature that elaborates its reason for this.

Any sifu wanna chime in?

If only Drew aka Full Lotus was still around.  As I recall one reason was to close off/lock the bottom chakra.  It's also a stable base.  Might also be Pavlovian, ie you repeatedly get into an awkward position when you meditate, after awhile the position automatically brings on the meditative mind.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, thelerner said:

If only Drew aka Full Lotus was still around.  As I recall one reason was to close off/lock the bottom chakra.  It's also a stable base.  Might also be Pavlovian, ie you repeatedly get into an awkward position when you meditate, after awhile the position automatically brings on the meditative mind.  

It's not an awkward position.  It's a position we systemically remember as the one we assume when ready to cross dimensions.  

image.png

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Taomeow said:

It's not an awkward position.  It's a position we systemically remember as the one we assume when ready to cross dimensions.  

image.png

:) I'm not as young as I once was.. 

Also my mom ate alot of insoluble fiber when pregnant. 

I pretty much came out fully clothed.

Edited by thelerner
  • Haha 5