de_paradise

Fav. meditation lately

I've been getting really great results from this method, which is bits and pieces of things I picked up on here and in hypnosis.

Its probably aleady known, but heres how i do it:

Sitting quietly, form an image of self some distance away, like facing yourself. I'm not good at visualizing, but a blurry form seems to be good enough.

Start to attribute the qualities, emotions, mindsets to the dissociated image of self that you want to acheive. Usually I try to attain a love-acceptance-of-environment-and-all-of-self, so much so that the dissociated image can join with the environment as one, or float through it. Its just that loving and accepting and at one with.

notes:

What I notice is the emotions that are attibuted to the dissociated self are not in the usual place of your body's emotions,( ie. the stomach region), the emotions seem to be mental only, in the head, but they do the trick.

Also the dissociated self is not cluttered up with noise/emotions, and I spend time sensing the difference of how each body feels. Its quite a difference. In hypnosis this technique is usually used for threshing out one's ideal self, and then joining with that image.

Its good strong results for me, so much so that I cannot keep focused long on the image because of stage where I am now, I get socked with a strong voltage and phenomena. So I keep setting up the scenario, get results, go unbalanced, wash rinse repeat.

So thats it. If you have a meditation method to share, please do!

Quiet breathing listening to silence. Very simple, but its my favorite.

Feeling my arse on the chair.

Slowly quiet the breathing until you cant hear it anymore :) Then get some earplugs & repeat!

imagine a guru or somebody you highly respect as a pure person sitting on a lotus in the middle of a lake about 35 degrees above and in front of you. plug your left nostril and breath out your right nostril bodily illness and attachment in dark red smoke, three times. than plug your right, and out your left nostril breath out all anger in a grey-green smoke, three times. then open nostrils, and breath out all inertia holding you back from progress out your mouth in a purple smoke, three times. Then connect your third eye to your pure person's third eye with a white beam. after that then connect your throat chakra to his/her's with a red beam. after that then connect your heart chakra to their's with a blue beam. Then open the blue beam wider so it's like a pathway, and have the guru step onto the blue pathway off the lotus, and walk down it and sit in your heart. after he has resided in your heart, chant the Vajra Guru mantra," Om Ah Hung Benza Guru Pema Siddhi Hung", until you feel fit, but i like to chant until I become one with the mantra. This is from Ram Dass's 'Be Here Now'

Sounds like a preliminary breathing exercise to gtummo (one of the 6 yoga's).

I like many meditations but overall favorite is still: 1 point dantien !

Standing wuji in my yard. Focus on a flower or a leaf, simply listen to the birds chirping away and breathe.

Now that its finally getting warm and the sun is out, I'll go outside, preferably to a forest and do the first 3 pieces of Michael Winns fundamentals II chigung routine. Ocean breathing, sun-moon movement, crossing the ocean. Then stand in wuwei or go on to the short Pangu form.

Michael