林愛偉

Cultivation and Relationships

Thank you. Thank you very much.

My pleasure brother. Actually, I decided to start working on a book specifically about this subject. So this 7 page article would be the base from which I continue.

Peace and Blessings!

Lin

Aren't love and relationships deep worldly attachments?

I've heard you must sever all personal ties and essentially erase your personal history/identity in order to reach enlightenment. Similar to going into the witness protection program. True?

Aren't love and relationships deep worldly attachments?

I've heard you must sever all personal ties and essentially erase your personal history/identity in order to reach enlightenment. Similar to going into the witness protection program. True?

One must have no emotional attachments to that which they "experience".

Usually, people are not yet stable enough to put down relationships, and so they end up in

one due to their own choices/karma.

There was a story of a family who was very well cultivated, and indeed the mother, father and child were enlightened. When asked if cultivation was easy or hard, the father replied, cultivation is hard work. His wife answered, its very easy actually, not hard at all. And their child answered, cultivation isn't easy nor hard... I eat when I'm hungry, and sleep when I'm tired.

In any case, though severing all attachments is a must, sharing and caring for another can be done. Just do not let emotions control the decision making in any aspect. Just look at the causes and conditions of situations, and do things accordingly.

Peace,

Lin

This was a much easier read black on white ;)

Maybe I should work on fixing the other posting... lol

Yeah Lin, the JXY forum looks cool like that (mustard yellow on black?) but honestly its tougher to read longer articles in that color format. I suppose you could ask those of us that are members there :D I wondered why I was having a rough time getting all the way through those articles, but then I read this one here and I had a much easier time.

Yeah Lin, the JXY forum looks cool like that (mustard yellow on black?) but honestly its tougher to read longer articles in that color format. I suppose you could ask those of us that are members there :D I wondered why I was having a rough time getting all the way through those articles, but then I read this one here and I had a much easier time.

I changed the layout of the forum now. It is more professional..lol, and easier to read articles.

Check it out when you have the time.

Peace,

Lin

This really struck a chord with me. Most profound thing I've read in a long time. Thank you.

May your cultivation be fruitful,

James

Peace and Blessings Brother :)

Lin