Wilhelm

What are your tradition's safeguards against self-delusion or being deluded by others?

9 hours ago, Wilhelm said:

@NungaliWoah!  I've never heard of anything that well organized from a Western system! (though my experience there is super limited) That's all really interesting.  Is there a public resource I could learn more about it?

Thanks for sharing your practical experience!

Its fairly common  throughout Masonic ,

image.png.a4ab7652320b3619acbe74600996f977.png

Quasi-masonic and related  Lodges . 

"  It combines monarchy with democracy; it includes aristocracy, and conceals even the seeds of revolution, by which alone progress can be effected. Thus we balance the Triads, uniting the Three in One; thus we gather up all the threads of human passion and interest, and weave them into an harmonious tapestry, subtly and diligently with great art, that our Order may seem an ornament even to the Stars that are in the Heavens at Night. In our rainbow-coloured texture we set forth the glory of the whole Universe— See thou to it, brother Magician, that thine own thread be strong, and pure, and of a colour brilliant in itself, yet ready to mingle in all beauty with those of thy brethren!"

https://lib.oto-usa.org/libri/liber0194.html

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dmattwads said:

I wonder if different and various ages would (or would not) explain the different "fads" civilization goes thorough?

Go back a while and things like Pyramids and Stonehenge were being built.

Then when you read the Hebrew bible and the Greek classics its all about animal sacrifices.

Then at the time of the Buddha and the other sects in India meditation is the rage.

Now it seems to be tantra and chanting?

I wonder if this is a thing?

Definitely !  There is a great book I read about , unfortunately I can never remember the title . It  focuses on how  various ages 'technology' can seed the  outlooks, explanations and  beliefs ; the 'clothing' that surrounds certain essential human dynamics.

Eg ,  in  Medieval times  people  saw angels , spoke of being carried to heaven by angels or  taken to hell by demons .  Now they see 'spaceships'   and  talk about 'good or bad'   alien abductions.

40 minutes ago, EmeraldHead said:

What are you attacking random lineages and methodologies in this thread?

I don’t think it’s an attack - just a bit of mild teasing.

I tease Dwai all the time and he teases me back - and it’s all fine... I think it’s good to be able to laugh about anything - especially all this spiritual stuff :) 

Are you saying you can transform post-natal chi and/or shen into pre-natal jing or chi?

I’m not sure what you mean here.

I don’t believe that’s what I’m saying at all - let me know if I can clarify. But I try to share what I can and what’s potentially helpful for people that’s all.

Arhants on this forum over the years who either got bored or insulted and all left.

I think if these Arahants are so easily insulted or bored - they’re probably not arahants...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, freeform said:

Imagine finally gaining full liberation - attaining a higher state than even Jesus or Buddha maybe - and then being permanently chained to some curious fellow who decided to go on a woo woo weekend workshop 😅

you are just as much the chain I have explored that

not too sure I agree. maybe I need a revival and make intense pray and supplication.

I am not sure I trust that offering of higher liberation.....the bible doesnt rule the land but these cosmic wayfarers are distressing

its cruel. will it help if I soften my eyes and swoon in love. do I feel like love because of a sex drive or the feeling of something higher in my chest. I think things are fine and I guess I continue to just relax and see or go walk more or drink more water.

well thats good I go to acupuncture to deal with most nagging issue. I was trying to distill my issue

mostly feeling i am pressed between layers of peoples pages. like those anatomy books

and not in control of me.

somebody got a seed in here.

maybe I am blocking your way on a spiritual battle. I love you but I dont.

I run my mouth and regret it usually. these are just thoughts. I dont mean to offend.

I am evaluating really whats happened or not

I do see things from your much larger basis of education and lifes experience.

but could I say for certain. no.

doubt--mean something I can translate

Edited by sagebrush

1 minute ago, freeform said:

I think if these Arahants are so easily insulted or bored - they’re probably not arahants...

Of course, but they didn't get a chance to get their wisdom across on the forum which is a shame. Once in the lions the lion should be satisfied I say.

3 minutes ago, freeform said:

I don’t think it’s an attack - just a bit of mild teasing.

I tease Dwai all the time and he teases me back - and it’s all fine... I think it’s good to be able to laugh about anything - especially all this spiritual stuff :)

Fine, but you addressed a lineage,  I am fond of. Eh, no problem. Good day to you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi Sketch,

The dogs outside my house ~ bark ang howl.

I am scared and I am going to sleep without a sound...

anigif_sub-buzz-17786-1500032527-1.gif

Good night.

- Anand

Maybe those dogs read your posts ?

I personally felt a tremendous weight lifted last night. and more open. now if i can just catch up my healthy a bit then I may recover

and then turn around and pay it backward.

yes I see the magnificient pompous trump trump jesus ,  style over the man in the loin cloth for sure

I want my mom and I want my mom. I need to make some peace

my friend can see the error of my ways

lets have some cat stevens morning has broken. can i.

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

My guess is that anything derived from acupuncture works better if you develop your channel system.

2 hours ago, freeform said:

Imagine finally gaining full liberation - attaining a higher state than even Jesus or Buddha maybe - and then being permanently chained to some curious fellow who decided to go on a woo woo weekend workshop 😅

you are just as much the chain I have explored that

not too sure I agree. maybe I need a revival and make intense pray and supplication.

I am not sure I trust that offering of higher liberation.....the bible doesnt rule the land but these cosmic wayfarers are distressing

its cruel. will it help if I soften my eyes and swoon in love. do I feel like love because of a sex drive or the feeling of something higher in my chest. I think things are fine and I guess I continue to just relax and see or go walk more or drink more water.

well thats good I go to acupuncture to deal with most nagging issue. I was trying to distill my issue

mostly feeling i am pressed between layers of peoples pages. like those anatomy books

and not in control of me.

somebody got a seed in here.

maybe I am blocking your way on a spiritual battle. I love you but I dont.

I run my mouth and regret it usually. these are just thoughts. I dont mean to offend.

I am evaluating really whats happened or not

the four legged chair and the wheel made sense though it feels like the wheel is my brain not thinking and moving

or maybe

Edited by sagebrush

21 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

the fucktangular is annoying

yeah ignorance is painful

You feeling ok today there buddy?

Do you need to take some medicine or something?

• Like 1

very hard to take in allen ginsburg much like revelations

and some hardcore drug scene 60's is this flow of eastern to western.?

I wanst a fan of osho by the way.

I am pretty conservative not that its about me. by any means

Edited by sagebrush

2 minutes ago, dmattwads said:

I need to get off forum. make some peace in myself

I can consult with my acupuncturist who is helpful

I take plenty of b12 d and stopped caffeine mostly.

decafe 

do I need medication. ?

I am truly dehydrated. and I need to detox tea.

I will be fine. and if not I can endure pain. I hope

aromatherapy nice

what kind meds you suggesting?

I have IBD meds but I found fasting to be most helpful  to give rest;

by far I know that is superior and ultra fast healing my body-

If I can just put down my fight

oh thats double entendre  

what a trap in head

yes I see the issue. I am not oblivious.

my mind has a real odd gauge and so does my body.

39 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

I need to get off forum. make some peace in myself

Yep .  Gardening is an excellent remedy .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sagebrush said:

I am still rooting for jesus.

1 hour ago, sagebrush said:

the fucktangular is annoying

52 minutes ago, dmattwads said:

One can only suppose   some type of  'Trinitarian  Tantra '   has 'backfired ' on him ?

Edited by Nungali
  • Haha 1