On 12/30/2020 at 2:23 AM, anshino23 said:

Open discussion.

What is fear?

th?id=OIP.wTeXoUeFPipObejIGKKmlAHaE8&pid=Api&P=0&w=257&h=172

Vice President-Elect Kamala Harris will be "thinking about [her] mother" on Inauguration Day when she makes history as the first female, Black, and South Asian Vice President, she said in a recent interview with Good Morning America.

"I'll be thinking about all those girls and boys," the former U.S. Senator of California, 56, told Robin Roberts during the interview. "You know, before the pandemic struck, fathers and the mothers that would bring them around and say, 'You know, you can do anything.' I was raised by a mother who said to me all the time, 'Kamala, you may be the first to do many things—make sure you're not the last.' That's how I feel about this moment." Of course, this moment is coming up soon: Harris' historical inauguration takes place on 20 January 2021.

206a713a8109778a80b482dd08dc0471

(Kamala Harris and her Mom)

CONGRATULATIONS  MA'AM !

GONG XI GONG XI !!

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement

Earlier today I did not cringe listening to a leader who has taken on his new role.

Beyond politics ~  I listened silently to simple intelligence.

THAT moment of silence was deafening...

'Twas grace that taught

my heart to fear

And grace my fears relieved

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Limahong said:

Earlier today I did not cringe listening to a leader who has taken on his new role.

Beyond politics ~  I listened silently to simple intelligence.

THAT moment of silence was deafening...

'Twas grace that taught

my heart to fear

And grace my fears relieved

Thank you.  That's just what it feels like this morning.

I didn't read all the comments but i figured i would give you my 2 cents. Fear is what shows you what your weakness is. Fear is what keeps you alive. Fear is a defensive mechanism. As they say you don't want your soldiers to be brave you want them to feel fear. Bravery brings recklessness and fear brings caution. Also there is the cylical nature of fear. Its proven soldiers who are the most cowardly quickly become brave on the field and brave people become cowards quickly. As they say when your at the bottom the only way to go is up or vice versa.

I think I might live in a fantasyland when it comes to fear.  I am convinced in the depth of my soul that fear is optional.  I believe the DDJ when it says that the Sage remains unmolested, regardless of the circumstances.  This is how I honestly try to live these days.  Am I a Sage?  Who knows?  But I think that's something to shoot for, being free of fear.  If one really buys into the illusory nature of physical 'reality', it's remarkable how much of what appears to be substance is actually space.  Somewhere like 99.999999% to 1 ratio.

If we are actually 99.99999% space, what's to fear?  If a tiger jumps out of a tree at me, he too is 99.99999% space.  He's not really here.  Now, I don't know how I would actually act if a tiger jumped out of a tree at me, but I know how I would like to act.  I would like to act in the reality that he's really not there.  I would hope that love of the Oneness would diffuse it.  The tiger and I are actually one and the same substance, we're both part of the Whole Idea.

Marbles would get pissed when I'd say this.  He was always telling me not to go up and kiss a bear.

I'm kind of an all-or-nothing person when it comes to my own philosophical bent.  I don't think it's just words.  I see it more as an aspiration.