Maddie

Dao Bums gender divide

Just now, Nungali said:

Clearly I said I risked generalisation .  ;)

Yeah I get what your saying and was being silly, BUT something I did notice in my church days was that when I would visit a new church coming in as a single guy everyone would eyeball me like a juicy steak and lick their chops because the male to female ratio in churches tend to generally be heavy towards female. The parents and the girl would often have that same look in their eyes when new single guys came in the door "maybe I can snag this church going guy".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, dmattwads said:

Yeah I get what your saying and was being silly, BUT something I did notice in my church days was that when I would visit a new church coming in as a single guy everyone would eyeball me like a juicy steak and lick their chops because the male to female ratio in churches tend to generally be heavy towards female. The parents and the girl would often have that same look in their eyes when new single guys came in the door "maybe I can snag this church going guy".

Much to my shame I will admit the reverse ;   I fancied one of the nurses at work that wanted to take me to her evangelical curch ... what a strange experience !

And even more to my shame  ...... I went with her to a  Leo Sayer concert  . 

image.png.3d896cd55b45255cdb9ae34642783211.png

portrait-of-a-young-man-standing-outdoor

• Haha 1

Just now, Nungali said:

Much to my shame I will admit the reverse ;   I fancied one of the nurses at work that wanted to take me to her evangelical curch ... what a strange experience !

I've been to many and yes those two words belong together.

Many women left this forum -- and a friend of mine specifically because a mod team of that period was rotated out for the sole reason that "it had too many women."

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, Cleansox said:

Or the bickering, and the competitive mind set? 

No it's not  :)

• Haha 3

Women are inherently stronger than men. People like Glenn Morris and others who think like him, that kundalini and what not are contributors, that they will need to acquire certain traits to make them excel ahead of men, shows a lack of understanding, to put it politely. 

Personally, I believe the reason is because men generally have more to prove, and therefore more reasons to like and enjoy camaraderie and communion in the process. Not that women don't enjoy the same, just maybe their expectations are different. 

While reminiscing on this forum what ever happened to Drew Hempel and Dawg? Those were some interesting characters but I don't see them anymore. 

2 hours ago, idiot_stimpy said:

He's still here

I guess I hadn't checked in for a while if I wasn't aware of that thread.

I also remember Dawg several years ago. I think he claimed enlightenment but when challenged on this got frustrated and left. He had some interesting posts nevertheless.

Edited by dmattwads

19 hours ago, dmattwads said:

While reminiscing on this forum what ever happened to Drew Hempel .....

image.png.6475708ab25b03733c2528bae82c6891.png

• Haha 4