dwai

The taboo of enlightenment

Recommended Posts

My process has simplified so much in recent years into simple, raw presence.

 

I find no form, meditation, pursued skill, book, satsang, or evaded hardship to be more effective than simple raw presence.

 

It's what is, when all else is allowed to fall away.

It's what remains.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

which reminds me of a saying from Gibran:
 

"...When you kill a beast say to him in your heart: ‘By the same power that slays you, I too am slain; and I too shall be consumed.  For the law that delivered you into my hand shall deliver me into a mightier hand. Your blood and my blood is naught but the sap that feeds the tree of heaven..."

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, old3bob said:

which reminds me of a saying from Gibran:
 

"...When you kill a beast say to him in your heart: ‘By the same power that slays you, I too am slain; and I too shall be consumed.  For the law that delivered you into my hand shall deliver me into a mightier hand. Your blood and my blood is naught but the sap that feeds the tree of heaven..."

Wow.

 

Gibran never fails to cut through the fog.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/07/2020 at 4:20 AM, old3bob said:

 absolute simplicity 


That’s It.

It’s absolute simplicity because it is beyond the universe, beyond the world of objects. The space without objects would be an analogy. It’s not the ordinary simplicity which is in the universe of objects.

 

Are you guys familiar with the idea of turning the consciousness back on itself?

Here the witness, mindfulness, presence, or the awareness of the objects of consciousness (including mind and body), are only a door towards the pure awareness, or consciousness without an object.

 

One can go there by different techniques, like asking a question “Who am I?” or “To whom do these thoughts appear?”, and then trying not to answer with words but to feel the “subject”, which is emptiness and fullness, void, infinity, stillness, silence, transcendence, beyond, absolute, infinite completeness, unconditional love, etc.

 

So, the three stages are:

 

-identification with the person or body and mind

-identification with the witness

-identification with the pure consciousness (known by identity, no subject and object)

 

There are levels of depth in this movement from the witness towards the pure awareness or pure being (satchidananda).

We may also call them levels of subtleness, or levels of discerning the pure subjectivity.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, silent thunder said:

My process has simplified so much in recent years into simple, raw presence.

 

I find no form, meditation, pursued skill, book, satsang, or evaded hardship to be more effective than simple raw presence.

 

It's what is, when all else is allowed to fall away.

It's what remains.


One of the functions of satsang or vigil or meditation or deep prayer would be exactly that-raw presence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be aware that there is but a single track road to Enlightenment, whatever the apparent method. You must make yourself available to the Light & be prepared to die in its glory. On your rebirth, if you personalise it, you will find yourself set even further back than before.

However, if you turn to the Light impersonally afterwards, it will mark the beginning of an indescribably fulfilled path on which you will be supported by the Light on every step of your way.


☮️

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'The taboo of enlightenment'

The fear of gathering the components to become a knowledgeable functional creator, while holding the view that becoming the default of creation is the answer to everything.:)

Edited by mrpasserby
clarity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is creation imperfect?

Does it need a helping hand from any individual, or is it necessary only to recognise and then swim with it?

 

☮️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daemon said:

Is creation imperfect?

Does it need a helping hand from any individual, or is it necessary only to recognise and then swim with it?

 

☮️

 

a loaded question...but we do know that toe nails need trimming now and then. B)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Daemon said:

Is creation imperfect?

Does it need a helping hand from any individual, or is it necessary only to recognise and then swim with it?

 

☮️

I appreciate the open and subjectively accomodating Japanese concept of wabi sabi when regarding the unfolding of the perception of life.

 

It seems to wisely bypass a notion of creation, [which implies a creator(s)] and accomodates space for individual awareness among the ever unfolding present.

 

Edited by silent thunder
subject verb issue
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

another take is emanation instead of creation per-se., and with emanation there is also a return to its source.  As for gods and angels or deities they are undeniable when one one has stepped out of materialism and seen them in more subtle realms, which btw includes the witness of same given by the historic Buddha.  As for "God" I'd say that nut can't really be cracked until one knows death dies.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, old3bob said:

another take is emanation instead of creation per-se., and with emanation there is also a return to its source.

 

 

I wrote "creation" in reply to another poster who had used the word. Whichever words are used, I suppose you might agree that they only indicate limited concepts that need to be transcended eventually if Enlightenment is to be fully realised? In any case, some food for thought might concern whether "the source" actually even ever departed, (i.e. separated) from "the source"?

 

13 hours ago, old3bob said:

As for gods and angels or deities they are undeniable when one one has stepped out of materialism and seen them in more subtle realms, which btw includes the witness of same given by the historic Buddha.

 

 

Does not every individual have their own individual experience of objects that they experience? Some people who have experienced Enlightnment do not experience those specific objects just as some do not experience your specific individual dreams or similarly, for example, visit the Niagara Falls or the Grand Canyon in waking life.

 

13 hours ago, old3bob said:

As for "God" I'd say that nut can't really be cracked until one knows death dies.  

 

If you said that, I'd agree with it fully.

 

☮️

 

Edited by Daemon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, silent thunder said:

individual awareness

 

The concept of individual awareness is the cardinal error from which all other errors flow.

 

☮️

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Daemon said:

 

The concept of individual awareness is the cardinal error from which all other errors flow.

 

☮️

 

 

soul is awareness individuated...such evolution is not an error  although egotism makes for a harder trip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Daemon said:

 

The concept of individual awareness is the cardinal error from which all other errors flow.

 

☮️

 


Please expound on what you intend to convey with this statement..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Daemon said:

What do you mean by "soul"? Atman, Brahman, Shiva, jiva or something else?

 

☮️

 

 

what can be seen as a particular weaving of pure light, thus not the grand cosmic field of light. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites