Mikey_Power_Up

Spinal Breathing Gives Kundalini Awakening

7 minutes ago, Mikey_Power_Up said:

I am correct, if it doesn't fit your frame you suggest inevitable negativity. 
Shoot you even suggest the same thing when it comes to entity possession. 
The universality of your argument is what I am taking aim at, not that you have a POV that is different. 

Riiiiight negativity is anything that you don’t agree with; Mr Modernity Hacker who thinks he has his kundalini activated. Sure.

On 4/12/2020 at 9:36 AM, freeform said:

We might have better tools - but these tools - as applied to medicine for example - are the third biggest killer in the US. These tools are used to destroy precious resources that our world has to offer - to satisfy the greed of a relatively few people. And these tools all come with rising obesity, poor physical and mental health for the rest of us.

These analytical tools have not made a dent on our understanding of our bodies or our minds. The techniques you're using (like spinal breathing) has nothing to do with any of these analytical tools - but everything to do with the analytical tools of the very lineages you're keen to disregard.

The most powerful and sensitive tools we have is our bodies and our minds - both of which have only suffered in the modern-day. Most people don't have enough self-awareness to look away from their phones let alone understand the cause and effect chains that are ruling their lives.

I'd love to see these objective samples you're talking about in regards to internal practice in recent years. Everything you've mentioned so far (from Jungian psychology to AYP, KAP to TM) all of them are using the tiny bits of ancient technology that they've been able to comprehend. And they're only scratching the surface of what's possible :)

I don't think this is a good argument. The 'tools' that we have been talking about are quite subjective in the internal arts. We know very little about the details of them, we have only been told that they work, what to expect, and then we have our own anecdotal experience that sometimes is similar to others likely because of how the human body is constructed, but also because of priming. Priming is a huge thing, and why accepting the frames that others present to you can be dangerous. When our teachers do attempt to break it down on an analytical level, they result in framing it in modern neuroscience and the various nervous systems in the body (PNS, CNS, ENS)  

Now, modern analytical tools could be used to do more research into how these things actually work, and from there we could create a more refined understanding and set of best practices. Remove it from faith, myth and our own filters. 

Also, you moved the goalposts. You went from suggesting that the ancients were wiser when they couldn't even heal childhood diseases that we have eradicated, to changing the argument about the internal tools that we use without much data suggesting how they really work. 

I'm not against the ancients, I'm against the Golden Age fallacy. I'm often prone to say that science is slow to research these things. 

Modern medicine's/research tools do not destroy the earth, mining for the resources for us to have this conversation on our phone does-- We don't need to conflate the two. :) 

1 minute ago, Earl Grey said:

Riiiiight negativity is anything that you don’t agree with; Mr Modernity Hacker who thinks he has his kundalini activated. Sure.

No, I'm framing it as you have a negative outlook, not that it is negative just because I don't agree. 

4 minutes ago, Mikey_Power_Up said:

No, I'm framing it as you have a negative outlook, not that it is negative just because I don't agree. 

A professional is someone who after listening to an amateur tell him that he doesn’t know what he’s talking about or declare that he’s negative, proceed to simply laugh at how the more certain the amateur is, the more insecure he sounds. 😘

Edited by Earl Grey

On 4/13/2020 at 3:41 AM, freeform said:

Not all Daoist lineages use kundalini. And - there are several other, similar processes that can be triggered - kundalini is just one of them.

I've had one kundalini ’experience’ (there are meant to be three)... And I wouldn’t say it wasn’t without it’s fireworks like Dwai says :) - but certainly nothing like Gopi Krishna’s.

But I also know that the majority of what people think of as kundalini is not that. Heat and movement up the spine, body shaking uncontrollably, feelings of bliss, sometimes spontaneous sounds, mudras, chants produced etc etc - all of that is a reaction to yang Qi moving in the Du Mai.

Kundalini, for me, was a painful experience - it moves in a different way than ‘normal’ yang Qi and included a specific reaction when it reached my skull... followed by some specific changes in consciousness.

I used to be really curious about this kind of thing, now not as much, but this has me curious enough to ask a theoretical question of you.  I was just watching Damo Mitchell's podcast on the Microcosmic Orbit/Small Water Wheel.  He mentions that the Water Wheel is not qi circulating in the ren and du (du being the posterior of the spine, not the inside of the spine), but is the refined jing rising up the inside of the spine, producing nectar in the head, and the and nectar dripping down the throat and the deep insides of the torso.  Is there any relationship between this process and kundalini as it is used in your lineage?

11 hours ago, Creation said:

the Water Wheel is not qi circulating in the ren and du (du being the posterior of the spine, not the inside of the spine), but is the refined jing rising up the inside of the spine, producing nectar in the head, and the and nectar dripping down the throat and the deep insides of the torso.  Is there any relationship between this process and kundalini as it is used in your lineage?

It feels like really thick, viscous Qi that rises through a tube on the inner side of the spine up to the head and then you get a kind of sweet mango flavour liquid dripping from the upper palette. You swallow that in a particular way to your Dantien... This results in a huge increase in vitality and a constant inner stillness (for some time).

But all this only really happens as a result of alchemical work done over a period of 3 to 6 months prior.

Kundalini is different... It's not a function of jing-qi-shen conversion. This system is largely in one's 'Consciousness' body (not the energetic and physical body).

Although the initial rising feels somewhat similar - it's more of a shaking, rumbling sensation at the tailbone, and then it spontaneously enters your spine and proceeds up. As it lights each of the spinal fires, there's a huge shift in consciousness - ranging from intense bliss to complete stillness...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ऋषि said:

Thats wrong.  Kundalini runs through all the bodies and ties them together in a very special way

Tell us more! :)

On 4/9/2020 at 11:19 PM, Mikey_Power_Up said:

It seems like for me, that spinal breathing has been the only technique that gives a strong kundalini response with episodes where I've had an electric automatic gushing of upward river powerful flow.

Other techniques seems to just made my channels clearer and easy to work with and more fluid. Even with MCO, i get a lot of automatic flow, but unless i've started with tons of spinal breathing i don't get the electric river experience. Even much loved techniques like 5 point breathing seems to have more of a clearing and purifying effect.  Spinal breathing charge up for 20 mins then MCO does have a powerful effect on me. 

It seems like the safety controls and purifying techniques of KAP + the more direct approach of AYPs spinal breathing makes for a good combination.

Although i've been warned to be careful mixing techniques, the grounding movements of Celestial Qigons have been invaluable with cooling down. So--- Spinal breathing to get the electric river started, KAP to smooth out my channels and let me move energy easier, and celestial qigong grounding forms to cool down. 

Kinda more of a braindump than anything. 

It does. Kriya yoga

• Like 1